Miami Flo's Predictions

I think people need to remember that we went 5-7 and we had 3 players drafted total, 1 of which probably won't make a roster

sure a lot has changed, but until we prove differently transfer players are still seeing us as a losing program right now
Yeah, I don’t know why this is so hard for some to believe. We aren’t exactly a desirable destination for WRs if we’re being objective and some of the complainers are doing 2 ridiculous things:

1. Ignoring the bro-style disaster our corch created in Year 1 as if he hasn’t dug himself a big hole. It’s his fault. That said, he’s not getting out of it without proof on the field otherwise going forward; and
2. Demanding that we overpay without limitations. Overpay for the WR from UTSA? Sure. Overpay for X Henderson? No thank you.

Advertisement
The whole they overpaid for a portal player is beginning to be more played out than the old hs “they dropped a bag”. I felt like blaming everything on money/bags was going to be a thing of the past with nil but I think it might have gotten worse.
No. The difference now is it’s all on the surface. You don’t think Bama can cry about the same thing?

It does feel like a narrative is being established. Couple things that are matching up from various on-board (CaneInsight) and off board sources:

-pointing to winter portal success to counter
concerns expressed re: spring portal.

Conclusion presumably that if results aren't to fans' satisfaction this round, to remember what we've already accomplished. However there was a promise to be aggressive and for the roster to look significantly different by fall

-wait-and-see approach to gauging spring cycle amid the lack of commitments.

-we won't 'overspend' for portal talent

I find the 'overspend' one of particular interest. The stories from insiders are lining up and therefore presumably sourced from inside the program. So why the point of emphasis about spending? We didn't spend generously for Cohen? Seems at least coincidental that 'not overspending' is a point of emphasis with the ongoing LifeWallet news. Some I know will vehemently oppose financial questioning, but connecting dots between the smoke of NIL offers for the '24 class being more moderate and the emphasis of cost of current roster retention in addition to holding the line with Spring portal spending...

I think the premise is that if we are going to drop a big bag it better be on a guy who is big bag worthy, not just available like Henderson, etc. The talent has to match the bag. That's what they mean by not overpaying. We have the money, but if we're going to go big and use a solid chunk of the budget we want to make sure there is enough ROI.

Last edited:
4/30 Show Comments/Predictions

1. Staff wants 2 WR, but will take 3 WR if they're special
  2. He expects to be discussing portal commits on next Sunday's show
The WR comments were in the context of what happens if both Zakhari Franklin and Keon Coleman want in the class. There was then extended discussion of what happens to the WR room if 2/3 WR are added.

Can't add the first one was a prediction as its not definitive (i.e. he didn't predict 3 WRs from the portal).

Advertisement

The WR comments were in the context of what happens if both Zakhari Franklin and Keon Coleman want in the class. There was then extended discussion of what happens to the WR room if 2/3 WR are added.

Can't add the first one was a prediction as its not definitive (i.e. he didn't predict 3 WRs from the portal).
Lol we can’t land anyone now we are landing Franklin and Coleman

Advertisement

Zero chance we are able to convince 3 portal WRs to come. Very slim chance we convince two to come. JMO.

I'm subscribed to Flo's channel and watch every now and then when I have time. Don't really put a ton of stock in his predictions. He misses more than he hits. Still puts on an entertaining show and enjoy watching discussions about our canes.

I truly hope we start seeing some action this week in regards to the portal. Iron sharpens iron and competition breeds success.

Our portal activities are perplexing. We moved early - like way early- in the winter portal and made significant pickups in Cohen, Lee, Damare Brown and Francisco Mauigoa. Now in the Spring portal, a guy in Fegans, who we could use at CB or Safety, visits UCF and GT and crickets. We should have had a WR done already but I think it’s a tough sell getting a top one to come here.

I just don’t get how we’re working this.
Not every WR is worth overpaying, but they’re gonna have to due to Mario‘s Brofense stigma

Advertisement
April 29 show

There will be an all-conference player, in a position of need, that will be announcing for the Canes by the second week of May. Waiting for classes to complete first.

Me talking now, not sure if this is portal or grad transfer or potentially both. But clearly, this isn't someone that has been speculated about on CIS so far.
Correction, there is a second portal player we're after that is a 2x All Conference player. Just saying

UTSA's Zakhari Franklin
This G5 standout is looking to make a jump into the Power Five for his final year of eligibility. Franklin is a two-time First Team All Conference USA selection.

I do some really sad **** RE: spending time thinking about/talking about this program, but y'all listening to this nonsense show and then performing virtual autopsies on every syllable this dude says really need your heads examined.
With a now 50% hit rate (according to tracker) I believe it’s time to close shop on this thread. Appreciate everyone who takes the time to produce content about the Canes but a failing % hit rate on vague predictions…. Yikes

Advertisement
I get that, I should have stated any other WR beside Henderson
I think if it’s a run of the mill or player similar in level to what they have they won’t likely do it. I think if it’s a real step up then they’ll try. Even paying stupid “**** you levels of money” - as you’ve called it - hasn’t been enough previously to overcome Gattis and the reputation on O our HC has.

I really think it’s going to take Dawson showing it on the field but I’m holding out hope that one of these guys buys in and takes a chance with a big bag.

With a now 50% hit rate (according to tracker) I believe it’s time to close shop on this thread. Appreciate everyone who takes the time to produce content about the Canes but a failing % hit rate on vague predictions…. Yikes

Shining Stephen King GIF

Advertisement
Back