Miami Flo's Predictions

who says it's causing problems? All I've seen are posts supporting TVD. And that's from both offensive and defensive players. I think some of the fan base who don't particularly care for either Mario or TVD WANT there to be issues.

It's done. Time for the fan base to move on.
I'm pro Mario and Pro TVD. ITU Podcast mentioned that there were players on the team that didn't particularly like what TVD was doing.

Maybe they were reporting inaccurately...but if they were correct, that's what my opinion was based on. Honestly, it looks like this is just the way the game will be played going forward....and if it is, right now it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth, something that will take a season or two to get used to

Advertisement
who says it's causing problems? All I've seen are posts supporting TVD. And that's from both offensive and defensive players. I think some of the fan base who don't particularly care for either Mario or TVD WANT there to be issues.

It's done. Time for the fan base to move on.

This. The sentiment that guys on the team will not rally behind TVD bc of his dalliance with bama is kind of an outdated one and really doesn’t apply to kids these days, especially given the NIL environment (“go get your bag”). Now, if he struggles, sure, there will be some lockeroom grousing. Play good, and everyone forgets .

Accuracy Tracker: 56% (14/25)

By next Thursday, there should be clarity with the who we're getting from portal. Portal is about to get hot, there's news coming

Absolutely no clarity and its Friday. Miss.

By next Thursday, there should be clarity with the who we're getting from portal. Portal is about to get hot, there's news coming

He also said he would likely be doing a few afternoon shows this week as he expected a few portal commits and like you said it's friday and nothing.

Advertisement

Lol he be claiming yall misquoting him and such. Did he even do any afternoon shows this week? Lol

April 29 show

There will be an all-conference player, in a position of need, that will be announcing for the Canes by the second week of May. Waiting for classes to complete first.

Me talking now, not sure if this is portal or grad transfer or potentially both. But clearly, this isn't someone that has been speculated about on CIS so far.

We're getting at least one if not two DTs from the portal

I think we know the names here

There are two guys from the portal that we have in the bag (WR/DT). He feels strongly about these two

If Feagans is willing to play safety, he'll be a Cane. He if wants to be a CB, he won't be a Cane.

April 29 show

There will be an all-conference player, in a position of need, that will be announcing for the Canes by the second week of May. Waiting for classes to complete first.

Me talking now, not sure if this is portal or grad transfer or potentially both. But clearly, this isn't someone that has been speculated about on CIS so far.

We're getting at least one if not two DTs from the portal

I think we know the names here

There are two guys from the portal that we have in the bag (WR/DT). He feels strongly about these two

If Feagans is willing to play safety, he'll be a Cane. He if wants to be a CB, he won't be a Cane.
Isn’t that the issue with Fegans - Bama wants him at safety and he wants to play CB?

Advertisement

Correction, the LA Tech DT was a first team all-conference player, so I'm guessing that's him

Thought the Ga. Tech visit stuck out like a sore thumb. Other than being close to home. Guess they have no problem taking him at cb.
It’s not that far from where he’s from but I don’t know where they want him. I looked on their board and their mod hadn’t said where yet though one poster said he sees him at Safety. He’s on an official visit there for whatever reason.

It’s not that far from where he’s from but I don’t know where they want him. I looked on their board and their mod hadn’t said where yet though one poster said he sees him at Safety. He’s on an official visit there for whatever reason.
Feagans went to UCF yesterday

Advertisement
Feagans went to UCF yesterday
Our portal activities are perplexing. We moved early - like way early- in the winter portal and made significant pickups in Cohen, Lee, Damare Brown and Francisco Mauigoa. Now in the Spring portal, a guy in Fegans, who we could use at CB or Safety, visits UCF and GT and crickets. We should have had a WR done already but I think it’s a tough sell getting a top one to come here.

I just don’t get how we’re working this.

Our portal activities are perplexing. We moved early - like way early- in the winter portal and made significant pickups in Cohen, Lee, Damare Brown and Francisco Mauigoa. Now in the Spring portal, a guy in Fegans, who we could use at CB or Safety, visits UCF and GT and crickets. We should have had a WR done already but I think it’s a tough sell getting a top one to come here.

I just don’t get how we’re working this.
bargaining GIF

It does feel like a narrative is being established. Couple things that are matching up from various on-board (CaneInsight) and off board sources:

-pointing to winter portal success to counter
concerns expressed re: spring portal.

Conclusion presumably that if results aren't to fans' satisfaction this round, to remember what we've already accomplished. However there was a promise to be aggressive and for the roster to look significantly different by fall

-wait-and-see approach to gauging spring cycle amid the lack of commitments.

-we won't 'overspend' for portal talent

I find the 'overspend' one of particular interest. The stories from insiders are lining up and therefore presumably sourced from inside the program. So why the point of emphasis about spending? We didn't spend generously for Cohen? Seems at least coincidental that 'not overspending' is a point of emphasis with the ongoing LifeWallet news. Some I know will vehemently oppose financial questioning, but connecting dots between the smoke of NIL offers for the '24 class being more moderate and the emphasis of cost of current roster retention in addition to holding the line with Spring portal spending...

Advertisement
I think people need to remember that we went 5-7 and we had 3 players drafted total, 1 of which probably won't make a roster

sure a lot has changed, but until we prove differently transfer players are still seeing us as a losing program right now

I think people need to remember that we went 5-7 and we had 3 players drafted total, 1 of which probably won't make a roster

sure a lot has changed, but until we prove differently transfer players are still seeing us as a losing program right now
Eh, I’m not buying the draft affecting anything. If that was the case we should have corners lining up to play here because both of our starters Las year got picked. I know Ivey was a 7th rounder but he wasn’t even our top CB.

They see the roster is improved, these kids know where the dogs at regardless of record. We were one stud away from a top 5 class. If we get beat out for a portal kid we want its not because of our product, its basically because they beat us out for a player plain and simple.

Advertisement
Back