Miami Flo's Predictions

Yeah, I don’t know why this is so hard for some to believe. We aren’t exactly a desirable destination for WRs if we’re being objective and some of the complainers are doing 2 ridiculous things:

1. Ignoring the bro-style disaster our corch created in Year 1 as if he hasn’t dug himself a big hole. It’s his fault. That said, he’s not getting out of it without proof on the field otherwise going forward; and
2. Demanding that we overpay without limitations. Overpay for the WR from UTSA? Sure. Overpay for X Henderson? No thank you.
Given The option, 99% of poster would agree to overpay for Franklin or Coleman over Henderson. The divide comes in overpay for Henderson or go into fall camp with the same receiver group and at that point is it really “overpaying”??

I believe that Mario and staff were waiting for portal to close last night, see what talent was realistically obtainable and then make a decision on whether to “overpay” or not for their targets. Admittedly, we’re just impatient.

For example, looks like we’re going to land Jaden Davis. Compared to getting Brantley from MSU the argument can be made we’re “overpaying” but if he’s the best realistic option then is it really?? We’ll have to wait until after the season to realistically determine that ROI.

Advertisement
With a now 50% hit rate (according to tracker) I believe it’s time to close shop on this thread. Appreciate everyone who takes the time to produce content about the Canes but a failing % hit rate on vague predictions…. Yikes
Its WAY too early to draw conclusions. Sample size is small enough that individual hits/misses cause wild swings in the accuracy percentage. Just a couple weeks ago he was in the mid 70% range and I didn't hear anyone saying shut it down cause he's proven to be accurate. A couple misses in a row has swung it to the 50s.

Its WAY too early to draw conclusions. Sample size is small enough that individual hits/misses cause wild swings in the accuracy percentage. Just a couple weeks ago he was in the mid 70% range and I didn't hear anyone saying shut it down cause he's proven to be accurate. A couple misses in a row has swung it to the 50s.

I don't see any reason to shut down this thread. People can choose whether or not they'd like to read the thread or not. I mean **** we've got a mega thread devoted to licking a former Nole's ******* on this forum and people happily post there.

I don't see any reason to shut down this thread. People can choose whether or not they'd like to read the thread or not. I mean **** we've got a mega thread devoted to licking a former Nole's ******* on this forum and people happily post there.
I mean, we also have 423 threads about a new stadium that is as likely as my turning purple and smelling like rainbow sherbet.

Advertisement
To the extent there are people out in the Canes media landscape representing themselves as sources of information and/or connected individuals, any thread attempting to determine those individuals' bona fides serves a legitimate purpose.

Advertisement
On Sunday, Flo said that if we weathered the storm and Malone didn't commit to O$U by Monday, we'd be in a good spot with this recruitment.

The Malone thread says the O$U boards are saying he's not a take (not sure if this is sour grapes or true) , but either way, looks like we got through Monday night and @Cribby has said no significant changes in the trend of his recruitment. He supposedly is visiting this weekend.

Wednesday May 10 Flo show predictions

1. In the next 2-3 days we're getting more good news from the portal
  2. We're getting another DT (he didn't specify portal or HS but the discussion context was the portal)
  3. Help is on the way for the WR room
  4. 2024 Recruiting Class. Those who love top 3 or top 5 classes will be happy.
  5. 2024 Recruiting Class. Focus this year is elite DT and WR recruits. Its insane on how many elite guys we're after.
Note the WR part highlighted in bold.

We're about to destroy it in the 24 recruiting class. Big difference this year is the relationships Mario has had time to build compared to the 23 cycle.

Last edited:
Accuracy Tracker: 58% (15/26)

Sunday 4/30 Predictions
  • He expects to be discussing portal commits on next Sunday's show. Results: Hit. There was a commit to discuss.

Sunday May 7 Predictions (I missed these live, but on today's show he said he predicted the minimum number of portal commits so I went back and listened)

1. Flo expects at least 3 portal commits by May 21. One is on lock, feels good about two other ones.

Advertisement
overpaying will not correct the stigma. Putting an offense that is wr friendly will. Would not make sense to overpay regardless

Chicken or egg. I don't think he will be able to put up impressive numbers with the players he has. Maybe gets us to "not laughingstock" but he needs more talent. One player like Franklin changes a lot. Get Franklin and pair him with a deep threat like Henderson (or another track speed guy) , and we could have a top 20 offense because it frees up Young to do his thing and put up great stats. And then hope one other WR on the rooster steps up- but that can't be counted on right now. You can win a lot of games with stud QB and 3 good WRs. Overpay now, get the talent, show other WRs what is possible, and 2-3 years from now you won't have to overpay anymore for top WRs.

Chicken or egg. I don't think he will be able to put up impressive numbers with the players he has. Maybe gets us to "not laughingstock" but he needs more talent. One player like Franklin changes a lot. Get Franklin and pair him with a deep threat like Henderson (or another track speed guy) , and we could have a top 20 offense because it frees up Young to do his thing and put up great stats. And then hope one other WR on the rooster steps up- but that can't be counted on right now. You can win a lot of games with stud QB and 3 good WRs. Overpay now, get the talent, show other WRs what is possible, and 2-3 years from now you won't have to overpay anymore for top WRs.

We have the oline, rbs, and the qb. We have some young wrs right now that can develop to be gamebreakers All we need is the OC to be able to show some creativity, unpredictability, and score some points. The rest will take care of itself.

Advertisement
Why is your avatar suddenly displaying a lovely shade of indigo?

Does anyone smell that rainbow sherbet? Or is it burnt feathers??
If we get a new stadium, it's 100% because I posted that. And I'll gladly add a purple filter to my avatar and send you a rainbow sherbet scratch and sniff to use whenever you read one of my posts.

* Assuming I can find one.

Just saw this and not sure if I should be thankful or offended.
willie-nelson-you-were-always-on-my-mind.gif

Advertisement
Back