Miami @ FAU

tcgrad1014

All-ACC
Will we break the 5 game losing streak?

P.S. Last season, the worst season for UM Baseball in 40 something years, the team did not suffer a 5 game losing streak.

Advertisement
I would think we would, but given the current state of the program anything is possible.
Pretty sure won't be seeing a 5 game winning streak anytime soon.

I have less than no interest in researching it, but I doubt Miami baseball has had a 5 game losing streak in decades.

Will we break the 5 game losing streak?

P.S. Last season, the worst season for UM Baseball in 40 something years, the team did not suffer a 5 game losing streak.

What 5 game losing streak? Just shut out Florida 2-0!!!

Have a little faith in this young Canes club. It's going to take some time for the freshman to adjust to the college game.

Do we have enough pitching depth to play 5 games this week. with Frankie being out how far into the pen can we realistically go

Advertisement
Do we have enough pitching depth to play 5 games this week. with Frankie being out how far into the pen can we realistically go
Should be no problem. Metiavia against FAU, normal weekend rotation, and some freshman will get a start. We playing Maine, so a lot of guys will get an opportunity to pitch.

My concern is the freshman who will probably start will be Federman and he has chewed up alot of innings for us already out of the pen. I expect to see a to of Maury

Mediavilla was just fine in his first start. His ERA was 3.00, but he pitched to a 2.23 FIP (very good). That FIP is fourth on the team thus far (very small sample) and one of them ahead is Bartow, who only threw 1 2/3 innings.

Mediavilla also had a K%-BB% of 16.7%, which is again fourth on the team.

Mediavilla had a batting average allowed on balls in play of .286, which is slightly ahead of the team average of .274, so it's not as though he was just fortunate on line drives etc.

It's still far too early to draw any conclusions after one start, but the belief is that Mediavilla will be just fine as the mid-week starter.

Advertisement
My concern is the freshman who will probably start will be Federman and he has chewed up alot of innings for us already out of the pen. I expect to see a to of Maury

My understanding is that Maury has an arm injury. I wasn't entirely clear on what it was, but it certainly fits with him not being used at all.

I'm probably reading entirely too much into Mediavilla warming up late on Sunday (probably was just his bullpen day anyway), but it has me wondering whether Federman may pitch midweek with Mediavilla going in the extra game on Saturday and moving to the bullpen afterwards.

I could see Mediavilla moving to the bullpen at some point, but I doubt they've given up hope on him as the midweek starter just yet. He certainly got himself into better shape in the off season, but my problem with him has always been the same thing - he needs to avoid the meltdown inning and control issues that have plagued him throughout his career.

His stuff is plenty good enough; he needs to learn how to fight through adversity and limit the damage when things don't go his way, and keep his team in the game.

Mediavilla starting. No Reyes. Perez moved to DH with Gil returning to 3B.

Listening to the game on radio. Not a good start. More walks, errors, and strikeouts. That's just the 1st inning.

Bases loaded strikeout by Jenkins to end the the 2nd inning. Not good. Gotta put the ball in play!!

Get it together guys. Let's go!!

Advertisement
5-4 FAU top of 8, runners on the corners and Jenkins k's for the 1st out, Burns lines out and Romy flies out to end the inning. Splendid job from the top of the line-up.

Advertisement
5-4 FAU top of 8, runners on the corners and Jenkins k's for the 1st out, Burns lines out and Romy flies out to end the inning. Splendid job from the top of the line-up.

Yep, another DiMare/Morris special. Leadoff and #3 hitter can't make contact. #2 hitter can't get it out of the infield.

Top 8, 1st & 3rd nobody out. Jenkins strikes out again. Burns lines to the shortstop, and To my strikes out. Same ole same. Canes have stranded 11 base runners so far.

Morris needs to make some changes. Jenkins is a liability at the plate. Now hitting under .150. Not getting it done. I have no Idea why Morris is not giving Hunter Tackett a chance. He should move Burns to center, and Tackett to left. Honestly, he could not do any worse.

Too bad Reyes is hurt, because Perez is coming on and I like him at 3rd with Reyes at the DH. That's all for not.

We may pull it out but looks like we can't win the midweek games again this year. This team isn't making the tournament.

Allen just hit for Ameditis, another injury? Lose another 5-4.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back