Miami DB Robert Knowles Appreciation Thread

rok

Great Poster
Another Miami Hurricane may be leaving Coral Gables. Defensive back Robert Knowles took to Twitter to announce he is leaving Miami in search of a new opportunity.

“Unfortunately, I will be entering the transfer portal and looking to further my education and athletic ability elsewhere,” Knowles said in his statement. “This was a very tough decision for me. I have built great relationships, impacted others, and grown so much throughout the time attending the university.”

By entering the NCAA’s transfer portal, Knowles is now free to have communication with any other college football program that is interested in adding him to their program. He can also remain at Miami and remove his name from the database, although he now runs the risk of Miami removing him from a scholarship. It appears Knowles is not planning on a return to the Canes, however, so both sides may be moving in new directions with that assumption in mind.

Knowles came to Miami in the Class of 2015. If you're still reading this, you've just been rok'd. Stop hating on the young man, a-holes. He's a Cane and he deserves our support. It's sad seeing his name dragged through the mud and this is now the Robert Knowles appreciation thread... Here is to him making an impactful play against Florida on special teams.

Let's do a quick fact check:

Knowles has 40 career tackles, which is more than any DB on the roster not named Romeo Finley (41) or Trajan Bandy (61).

Knowles_RL10952.jpg

georgia-tech-miami-football-miami-gardens-usa-shutterstock-editorial-9136676e.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Knowles appreciation thread indeed.

I appreciate knowing that Manny let him know he ain't quite Miami material and I appreciate that he's moving right along.

NOW we F(*&kin

Good luck young man! Thank you for your cervix

Advertisement
Advertisement
Another Miami Hurricane may be leaving Coral Gables. Defensive back Robert Knowles took to Twitter to announce he is leaving Miami in search of a new opportunity.

“Unfortunately, I will be entering the transfer portal and looking to further my education and athletic ability elsewhere,” Knowles said in his statement. “This was a very tough decision for me. I have built great relationships, impacted others, and grown so much throughout the time attending the university.”

By entering the NCAA’s transfer portal, Knowles is now free to have communication with any other college football program that is interested in adding him to their program. He can also remain at Miami and remove his name from the database, although he now runs the risk of Miami removing him from a scholarship. It appears Knowles is not planning on a return to the Canes, however, so both sides may be moving in new directions with that assumption in mind.

Knowles came to Miami in the Class of 2015. If you're still reading this, you've just been rok'd. Stop hating on the young man, a-holes. He's a Cane and he deserves our support. It's sad seeing his name dragged through the mud and this is now the Robert Knowles appreciation thread... Here is to him making an impactful play against Florida on special teams.

Let's do a quick fact check:

Knowles has 40 career tackles, which is more than any DB on the roster not named Romeo Finley (41) or Trajan Bandy (61).

Knowles_RL10952.jpg

georgia-tech-miami-football-miami-gardens-usa-shutterstock-editorial-9136676e.jpg

You almost had me, until I realized that there was no statement from the university that #20 would be retired in his honor. That's when I realized this couldn't be true.

Jokes aside, I agree with you that we should blame coaches for recruiting him or putting him in position to fail, not be upset with the young man giving it his all and performing to the best of his abilities.

I'm not sure starting this thread is going to achieve your stated goals, however. Probably best to just leave well enough alone, rather than turn on another spotlight?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back