Miami could be another Georgia Tech

Fly1

Covert Bag Man

GT use to be respectable program, but like Miami, their Athletic Department was lulled into mediocrity. Now you have a promising rising junior leaving GT because the grass is greener at another Power 5 school.

Let that sink in. Some people may laugh, but watch...if we keep getting blown out in big games, have NCAA records set on us, keep playing games where we have 70+ yards in stupid penalties, and hire a bad AD and coach, we'll have freshman and sophomore starters leave to other programs. The transfer portal allows this. The rich get richer....Miami is thinking and acting poor.

Advertisement
Miami doesnt care, their performance doesnt affect what acc has to give them. They sold the acc a lemon. Dont invest in program, pocket the money. Hope Herbstreit doesnt put us on blast anymore.. #TNM

When we played them, dude was best player on the field.. impact player, if we had a coach would definitely recruit him

GT’s mistake was bringing a wing T offense to their school. Last time I checked Jeff Monken ain’t leaving West Point.

Advertisement

GT use to be respectable program, but like Miami, their Athletic Department was lulled into mediocrity. Now you have a promising rising junior leaving GT because the grass is greener at another Power 5 school.

Let that sink in. Some people may laugh, but watch...if we keep getting blown out in big games, have NCAA records set on us, keep playing games where we have 70+ yards in stupid penalties, and hire a bad AD and coach, we'll have freshman and sophomore starters leave to other programs. The transfer portal allows this. The rich get richer....Miami is thinking and acting poor.
How is Miami thinking and acting poor? There are always going to be players transferring. There are over 3k players in the transfer portal. Nearly double what there was last year. With immediate eligibility, this is just the new dynamic of college football. Not every player is going to find a new home let alone one better than the one they are leaving. The portal is just a way to manage your roster. You're going to lose some players and gain some players.

For the most part Miami has benefited from the transfer portal. I hardly see how they are "thinking and acting poor" as you say. The BOT just committed to 30 million in additional football revenue per year. The program will have a new AD and perhaps a new HC. Gibbs wants to play for a winning program. Completely understandable. We should have a good chance to win the ACC and be a top 10 team next year. The future looks bright at UM. I just don't get your post.

How is Miami thinking and acting poor? There are always going to be players transferring. There are over 3k players in the transfer portal. Nearly double what there was last year. With immediate eligibility, this is just the new dynamic of college football. Not every player is going to find a new home let alone one better than the one they are leaving. The portal is just a way to manage your roster. You're going to lose some players and gain some players.

For the most part Miami has benefited from the transfer portal. I hardly see how they are "thinking and acting poor" as you say. The BOT just committed to 30 million in additional football revenue per year. The program will have a new AD and perhaps a new HC. Gibbs wants to play for a winning program. Completely understandable. We should have a good chance to win the ACC and be a top 10 team next year. The future looks bright at UM. I just don't get your post.
A player like Rambo is different...he wasn't a Freshman or Sophomore. The OL from UNLV, on the other hand was.....would you like too see pur best freshman or sophomore leave?

How many underclassmen players, that are contributing, does UGA, Bama, etc leave....none. You have talented players from teams that don't succeed transfer out.

We don't have a winning program. You are agreeing with me......we need a new AD and coach, but for the last 20 years we have been acting poor.

Goodness

Last edited:
Advertisement
A player like Rambo is different...he wasn't a Freshman or Sophomore. The OL from UNLV, on the other hand was.....would you like too see pur best freshman or sophomore leave?

How many underclassmen players, that are contributing, does UGA, Bama, etc leave....none. You have talented players from teams that don't succeed transfer out.

We don't have a winning program. You are agreeing with me......we need a new AD and coach, but for the last 20 years we have been acting poor.

Goodness, some of you need to actually have reading comprehension skills
What starters has Miami lost to the portal? NONE. Not even good backups. The only reason any of our players have entered the portal is due to lack of playing time. You still have not explained how or why you say Miami has acted poorly. We ain't GT!!! Not even close!!!

What starters has Miami lost to the portal? NONE. Not even good backups. The only reason any of our players have entered the portal is due to lack of playing time. You still have not explained how or why you say Miami has acted poorly. We ain't GT!!! Not even close!!!
I said it COULD happen

Learn to read

Have a great day

I said it COULD happen

Learn to read

Have a great day
Learn how to write. You said Miami is poor. Your grammar is poor. Poor refers to financial. I don't know what "Miami is thinking and acting poor" is supposed to mean. I assumed you meant something else, but never explained what that is and still haven't. You're just trying to defend your BS post with "I can't read" rather than some stated facts that you obviously don't have. You don't even have anything to support your opinion of whatever "Miami is thinking and acting poor." is supposed to be.

Advertisement
Learn how to write. You said Miami is poor. Your grammar is poor. Poor refers to financial. I assumed you meant something else, but never explained what that is and still haven't. You just trying to defend your BS post with "I can't read" rather than some stated facts that you obviously don't have. You don't even have anything to support your opinion of whatever "poor" is supposed to be.
"Miami is thinking and acting poor."

That is not saying they are poor.

Poor...stupid hires like Manny. Not conducting a real coaching search and settling....

Learn to read....I'm done

Have a great one

"Miami is thinking and acting poor."

That is not saying they are poor.

Poor...stupid hires like Manny. Not conducting a real coaching search and settling....

Learn to read....I'm done

Have a great one
You're the idiot misusing words with no context. No mention of Manny or anything else until 4 posts later. I responded to your OP with facts on the changes the program is making in new hire(s) and financial commitment to the football program. They are doing so without having lost a single starter to the portal.

Why don't you wait until a new AD and coach are hired before you jump out with your conjecture without context. It's rather pointless or do you think there will be a mass exodus by the players if Manny is fired and Mario or Lane is hired?

You're the idiot misusing words with no context. No mention of Manny or anything else until 4 posts later. I responded to your OP with facts on the changes the program is making in new hire(s) and financial commitment to the football program. They are doing so without having lost a single starter to the portal.

Why don't you wait until a new AD and coach are hired before you jump out with your conjecture without context. It's rather pointless or do you think there will be a mass exodus by the players if Manny is fired and Mario or Lane is hired?
Wow...idiot...thanks

Have a great day

You won the internet

Advertisement
Hate to tell you this, but the 2022 recruiting ranking have Georgia tech ahead of us and it’s not even close.

Advertisement
Back