Miami Commit Anthony Solomon Recaps 38-0 Win Over DeMatha

View as article

Matthew_Suero

Junior
Premium
Led by senior linebacker and Miami commit Anthony Solomon, St. Thomas Aquinas has one of the top defenses in the country. Solomon and his teammates are coming off of a nationally televised beatdown of DeMatha High School, 38-0.

“We all did what we had to do. Me, personally, I feel like I came out a little softer than I usually do, but I can always control what I do. Obviously, that will be corrected on Monday. All in all I had a pretty decent game. Jahmar (Brown) had a really good game. Avery had a really good game. We all had good games. There are always gonna be little mistakes here and there that’s part of the game.”

DeMatha is a team with multiple players that will sign with D1 schools. To see a score like 38-0 against a team with so much talent is extremely rare, so the question had to be asked: was this expected?

“Yes. Every game I expect to blow every team out with my brothers. We have worked so hard over the offseason it’s unreal. It was expected. It was expected for Jahmar to get that touchdown, for me to get that fumble recovery, for me to get that hit, for Jahmar to get all those hits he got. It was all expected. I’m just glad that we went out and proved to everybody why we have been working so hard.”

Although Solomon was pleased with the overall outcome of the game, he was not pleased with one call in particular that resulted in an unnecessary roughness penalty called against him.

“If I’m honest with you, I don’t know. I hit him with my shoulder, I didn’t hit with my helmet. None of that. He said it was because I hit him too high. It is what it is. I’m going to do it again and again.”

While the seniors were the stars of the show Saturday night, there were also some juniors that stepped up big time.

“(Devon) Betty showed really good athleticism. He was really fast off of the edge. He is a young guy and for a young guy playing in a game like this he played really good. I’m pretty sure he played better than I did the first time I played on ESPN. He did really good. He did what he was supposed to.”

As good as the linebacker play was, they would not be able to make such an impact without the guys on the defensive line.

“I’ve been stressing guys like Braylen Ingraham, Jason Munoz for months on setting the edge and getting push back and all that. For them to do exactly what I’ve been wanting them to do really helped me out.”

Solomon spent a lot of time Saturday covering the slot and looked pretty good doing it. This led some people to wonder if Solomon would stick at linebacker or if he could potentially play striker next year.

“For right now, I’m staying at WILL. I’m gaining weight as I go along. I’m at 203 right now but it will come along as I grow.”

Advertisement
Mathew, Thanks! Its a full time job just interviewing all the players out of St Thomas, you can do an interview per kid per week without repeating!! Solomon talks like a coach, like a leader, I like that. I know this interview was about Solomon but heck a quick hint about Battle would have been nice for me!

Mathew, Thanks! Its a full time job just interviewing all the players out of St Thomas, you can do an interview per kid per week without repeating!! Solomon talks like a coach, like a leader, I like that. I know this interview was about Solomon but heck a quick hint about Battle would have been nice for me!
Glad you like the content. Stefan already gave the latest news on Battle from the weekend but I'll keep you guys posted if I hear anything.

Advertisement
Good to know he's already 13 lbs over his 247 listed weight. He's definitely on the right track.

Wasn’t overly impressed with Solomon or Munoz in that game. Huff and Battle were the best players on that D

Advertisement
Great job, Matthew. Solomon is probably the most underrated commit we have. The kid is going to be a force for us. Exceptional athleticism combined with great leadership.

p.s., please tell him we all want him to keep getting great support up front by convincing BI to join him in this class.

Advertisement
Looking ahead to 2020 thinking about Solomon at the WILL! Huff at Mike! Sam Brooks at SAM(id love to see him at VIPER also)! and Keontra Smith at Striker! 😱😱😱! Thats a **** dream team!

Advertisement
dude is gonna be a 220 pound LB flying around and making plays all over the field! Can't wait.

Looking ahead to 2020 thinking about Solomon at the WILL! Huff at Mike! Sam Brooks at SAM(id love to see him at VIPER also)! and Keontra Smith at Striker! 😱😱😱! Thats a **** dream team!

Steed at Will y'all keep forgetting about the kid

Edit

I see where you going with that, you right my bad lol. That line up 2021 earliest 2022 the latest. The future is super bright!

Advertisement
Back