Miami Coaching Question

donnybrah

Redshirt Freshman
Do we feel like Miami is dropping the ball at this point? We don't have any distinguished #1 candidate from the people who are going to hire the new coach, and it seems like a real issue right now.

Advertisement
Imma be honest, I think it's already all said and done. I just think it's all a dog and pony show right now.

We follow Canes football, but truth be told, other programs are doing the same thing as us...but I truly feel the minds have already been made up. All of the other stuff is coming from media speculations, but the consistent thing that's been reported here or from B Jackson is Butch.

Unless you are going to hire a coach who is unemployed, you realistically cannot talk to a coach at another school until the season has ended. You can however speak to their agents which is what Miami is doing behind the scenes. Alot of the stuff in the media is misinformation that the agents are putting out there to either get a raise or garner attention for their clients. You can also speak to an NFL coach now hence the reason Chud has publicly come out and said he doesn't want to discuss the job until the colts season has ended.

Do we feel like Miami is dropping the ball at this point? We don't have any distinguished #1 candidate from the people who are going to hire the new coach, and it seems like a real issue right now.

No. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes, and we don't need to.

When a new coch is announced some will be happy and many will be totally ****ed. I'll let you know where I am when it's announced.

Advertisement

No. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes, and we don't need to.

When a new coch is announced some will be happy and many will be totally ****ed. I'll let you know where I am when it's announced.

I like the way you think.

Donnybrahdawgman,

IMO, you won't hear anything because there is small committee and they won't release information. 98.2% of the info you're currently hearing is bullchit anyway. You will need to be patient and don't expect a hiring before Thanksgiving.

Miami may be dropping the ball but that has nothing to do with the lack of information. It would have to do with incompetence within said committee but this something we have grown accustomed to at this point.

Advertisement
I'm worried we're dropping the ball by undervaluing this position. I hope those in charge of the search don't think certain guys are out of reach, or refuse to widen the scope of their search. I really hope we make plays for guys like Gundy and Mullen. If the search is just Butch Davis and guys like Charlie Strong hoping to jump to a new contract before he's inevitably fired at Texas, I'll be disappointed.

I'm worried we're dropping the ball by undervaluing this position. I hope those in charge of the search don't think certain guys are out of reach, or refuse to widen the scope of their search. I really hope we make plays for guys like Gundy and Mullen. If the search is just Butch Davis and guys like Charlie Strong hoping to jump to a new contract before he's inevitably fired at Texas, I'll be disappointed.

I would be worried that we're dropping the ball based on our track record recently (the last decade+). We have a lot of incompetence and a system in place that features an unnecessary retarded puppet at AD.

Imma be honest, I think it's already all said and done. I just think it's all a dog and pony show right now.

We follow Canes football, but truth be told, other programs are doing the same thing as us...but I truly feel the minds have already been made up. All of the other stuff is coming from media speculations, but the consistent thing that's been reported here or from B Jackson is Butch.
This. I think its Butch's job and barring some crazy turn of events he will be announced whenever they decide is the right time.

Advertisement
Folks have to remember that it has barely been 3 weeks since Al Golden was let go and despite what some on here want, a coach is NOT going to be hired in the middle of a season. Show me any other time that has happened in college football. Miami is 2-0 since AG was fired and has a chance to beat UNC and keep their ACC coastal hopes alive, making a hire and announcing (especially Butch) would cause massive distraction. I think being on this board everyday and fiending for any bit of info in regards to the coaching search has made this process seem longer than it really has been.

Gotta relax. We went from wanting Golden fired mid-season to now worrying that we haven't named his successor mid-season as well. Just take solace in the fact that at least the process has already officially commenced and that we got a relative head start.

Advertisement

This. I think its Butch's job and barring some crazy turn of events he will be announced whenever they decide is the right time.

And you know I'm a BBB guy, but....and this is truly a sincere but, I would've hoped that Miami explored ALL realms of possibilities, first, before finalizing anything.

Advertisement
Back