Miami Central's Joe Yearby and Dalvin Cook Highlights.

Advertisement
Yearby runs a lot like Mark Ingram. Great lateral quickness, keeps his shoulders square, not a lot of wasted movement.

Cook isn't as efficient as a runner but he has legit jets. Could be the more talented player at the end of the day.

The difference between Sony and these guys is huge, especially when you consider his highlights are from 8th and 9th grade, since he missed pretty much his whole soph season.

Advertisement
The difference between Sony and these guys is huge, especially when you consider his highlights are from 8th and 9th grade, since he missed pretty much his whole soph season.

Not sure how you can say that, plus the comp level is pretty big difference. Central isn't playing Heratige's schedule.

Not sure how you can say that, plus the comp level is pretty big difference. Central isn't playing Heratige's schedule.

What do you mean how can I say that? I watch different guys and determine one looks a lot better, then I say it. Its not a knock on Yearby or Cook by any stretch, just pointing more towards why people are so enamored with Sony.

Cook has a ton of upside. Yearby is probably at 4.7-4.8 kid, Cook is around 4.5

Advertisement

him being in 8th and 9th grade doesnt really matter considering hes a year older than everyone.

him being in 8th and 9th grade doesnt really matter considering hes a year older than everyone.

No he's not. He's a year older than other 8th and 9th graders. But he's not any older than the majority of the guys he's facing who are likely 11th and 12th graders.

I meant it as he's not 13 playing with 17 year olds. He's 14-15 in those videos. Big difference in growth and maturity

+1 Sony is head and shoulders better than these guys, cook possible gets better but not in Sony's class yet! JMO

Last edited:
Advertisement
Cook looks to have legit speed as he outran alot of div 1 guys in the game i watched. Seems more explosive to me. The other cat seems to have more of a methodical approach. Just continues to pund you for 4q's.

I meant it as he's not 13 playing with 17 year olds. He's 14-15 in those videos. Big difference in growth and maturity

What I meant too, is that he is so physically gifted at such a young age. I am not just talking about putting up yards or highlights. Not just comparing him to the guys he is playing against either, but comparing him to lots of young running backs who need to develop a lot of his skills further down the road. He is an exciting prospect for sure.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back