Miami Central makes fifth consecutive state final

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
31-21 over a Daytona Beach Mainland program that is very tough to beat at home. Dalvin Cook's cousin, Anthony Jones, had a monster game in leading the comeback.

Donovan Thompson had three sacks.

Advertisement
31-21 over a Daytona Beach Mainland program that is very tough to beat at home. Dalvin Cook's cousin, Anthony Jones, had a monster game in leading the comeback.

Mainland was probably the toughest team they played in the playoffs. Armwood is not going to beat them.IMO.

I always thought Anthony Jones was Dalvin Cook's uncle or nephew? Dre Burnett is his full brother..and then there are a handful of even younger brothers that are about to take over dade county football?

Dalvin Cook is everywhere, amazing.

Advertisement

I always thought Anthony Jones was Dalvin Cook's uncle or nephew? Dre Burnett is his full brother..and then there are a handful of even younger brothers that are about to take over dade county football?

Anthony Jones is Dalvins cousin.

DeAndre(Dalvin older brother) and James (Dalvin younger brother) and three sisters are his siblings.

Last edited:
By the way. I'm all for going after Anthony Jones. He's been making plays all year for Central.

D, how did Cedric Miller do?

Advertisement
I feel bad for my hometown bucs that is the fourth year they couldn't make it past central. If they were in other region they would match up with central every year in the final.... Would be a great final as well

If we got Anthony Jones, Jalen Julius and this kid from Jacksonville that would solve some return game issues.

Advertisement
Also forgot to mention in here, Donovan Thompson a linebacker who I have mentioned a lot here. For 2016. Considered Dade county's best defensive player for 2016 by Larry Blustein.

Despite being a bit on the short side. He has great instincts, true football player and Coach Smith compares him to Sean Spence. Who else has the right to say that than the man himself who coached Sean at MNW.

Last edited:
Other prospects to watch for on Central for the Canes other than the obvious Phillips, and Jones. And Thompson who D$ mentioned as well as myself.

2016 6'3" DB Jamel Cook. Been making a lot of plays this year especially in the playoffs. Had TWO INTs in last years title game so you know he will be ready for this weekends matchup again in the title game.

2017 OL Navaughn Donaldson and 2017 LB Waynmon Steed.

Advertisement
If I am correct I believe Jamel Cook had a pick against Mainland as well last week.

Advertisement
Back