Miami CB coach Mike Rumph to visit Plantation HS

Advertisement
I hate that school. I work out at a gym down the street from there, and some punk broke into my car while I was working out. I didn't even have anything to steal. Cop said it was most likely a Plantation HS student, he knows over 25 kids from there that break into cars.

You probably left a Snickers in your car. It was probably Gatewood going a few miles out of his usual hunting area then. Did your vehicle smell of fryer oil and obesity after?

One of the most disappointing programs in Broward County. They haven't been the same since running Hepler out of town. There's so much potential for that school to be dominant.

Well they had one of the best defenses in 2015-2016. They lost 3 games including their playoff game against Deerfield. The other losses were to St. Thomas and Flanagan. Two eventual state champs that year. So its not disappointing. That being said, Helpler and Davis practically accomplish the same. Helpler just couldn't get past any Miami schools.

One of the most disappointing programs in Broward County. They haven't been the same since running Hepler out of town. There's so much potential for that school to be dominant.

they had some individual talent there a few years back but other than that I can't recall them being much of a factor since the days of HB Blades

Advertisement
I hate that school. I work out at a gym down the street from there, and some punk broke into my car while I was working out. I didn't even have anything to steal. Cop said it was most likely a Plantation HS student, he knows over 25 kids from there that break into cars.

You probably left a Snickers in your car. It was probably Gatewood going a few miles out of his usual hunting area then. Did your vehicle smell of fryer oil and obesity after?

stemo back in town for the offseason?

Davis "retired" for a year mainly because a majority of his 2015 talent was graduating. Once he quit almost half the returning starters, including the quarterback transferred. The sacrificial lamb they hired to coach in 2016 struggled with a glorified JV team and went 1-9. Amid pressure from the local fan base and parents, he got fired and Davis has resumed head coaching responsibilities. They're not exactly a powerhouse but they've produced some talent over the years. Lots of people view them as an underachieving program.

they had some individual talent there a few years back but other than that I can't recall them being much of a factor since the days of HB Blades

They have talent every year. They're athletic as ****. IMO they have one of the best natural draws of any school in Broward. There's tons of talent in their region.

Davis "retired" for a year mainly because a majority of his 2015 talent was graduating. Once he quit almost half the returning starters, including the quarterback transferred. The sacrificial lamb they hired to coach in 2016 struggled with a glorified JV team and went 1-9. Amid pressure from the local fan base and parents, he got fired and Davis has resumed head coaching responsibilities. They're not exactly a powerhouse but they've produced some talent over the years. Lots of people view them as an underachieving program.

They did that dude wrong IMO.

Advertisement

Well they had one of the best defenses in 2015-2016. They lost 3 games including their playoff game against Deerfield. The other losses were to St. Thomas and Flanagan. Two eventual state champs that year. So its not disappointing. That being said, Helpler and Davis practically accomplish the same. Helpler just couldn't get past any Miami schools.

Dude, that's one decent year. They've been under-achieving all throughout the Davis tenure. Hepler couldn't get past Dade teams, but either could anybody else. Frank had them rolling year after year though. They were always among the elite in Broward. Under Davis they've been an afterthought.

I heard he didn't play well with higher-ups. Not so much at the school but at the district level. You know as well as anybody that there's a certain set of politics involved in public school coaching. He did get shafted with the roster he inherited but he didn't do himself any favors by running off at the mouth.

I heard he didn't play well with higher-ups. Not so much at the school but at the district level. You know as well as anybody that there's a certain set of politics involved in public school coaching. He did get shafted with the roster he inherited but he didn't do himself any favors by running off at the mouth.

Oh, I didn't hear/know anything about that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back