Miami at Virginia (3-1-21) at 6 pm on ACCN

Advertisement
I see 5 guys that are trying, but know 1) they're out-classed talent wise, 2) they have to play basically the entire game
I hear ya. And I don’t want to come across as if I’m blaming the players for this horrific season. I think it falls squarely on the coaching staff. However, being undermanned or not having enough talent has nothing to do with guys sprinting the floor, coming up with loose balls, rebounding, defending, etc. I can understand taking all the L’s this season but no reason why folks should be questioning the effort we play with sometimes. That’s inexcusable. No fan should ever have to walk away from a game wondering if the team played as hard as they could. That is unacceptable at any level of basketball

Advertisement

His press conferences come off as negative and depressing. Saying that his team lacks skill also highlights his inability to develop talent.
He criticizes the skills of the guys he recruited.

Last edited:
Advertisement

His press conferences come off as negative and depressing. Saying that his team lacks skill also highlights his inability to develop talent.

He sounds like a tired and beaten man. For so many reasons, this needs to be the end of the road for Coach L. We need a total rebuild. At his age, why would anyone want him to try to fix the total mess that he created? Plus, why would anyone want to come and play for us now?

He sounds like a tired and beaten man. For so many reasons, this needs to be the end of the road for Coach L. We need a total rebuild. At his age, why would anyone want him to try to fix the total mess that he created? Plus, why would anyone want to come and play for us now?
It’s pretty depressing that, as miserable as this season has been, next year could be even worse. We didn’t have a single big set to be on the roster. If Wong decides he wants to play for a real team and leaves, we will be hard pressed to match the 3 wins in the league this team has.

L needs to go. This falls straight on him and his disgusting roster mismanagement..

Lonnie and Bruce are doing pretty well in the league right now atleast.

Advertisement
We’re nearing 30 years in the modern era of college athletics. This is the worst trajectory of any of the 3 major sports at Miami in 30 years. There were always bright spots even in our down years of the other sports. There is not a single bright spot in this program. Our 5 star signee from last year, looked close to awful in his spots this year. How any recruiting ranking had him as a 5 Star is beyond me. Only bright spot is Isaiah Wong. He is a great player and would likely be a draft pick if he took his talents somewhere other than Miami. As the days go on I really believe L will step down this year. Let’s pray they don’t hand the keys to caputo.

We’re nearing 30 years in the modern era of college athletics. This is the worst trajectory of any of the 3 major sports at Miami in 30 years. There were always bright spots even in our down years of the other sports. There is not a single bright spot in this program. Our 5 star signee from last year, looked close to awful in his spots this year. How any recruiting ranking had him as a 5 Star is beyond me. Only bright spot is Isaiah Wong. He is a great player and would likely be a draft pick if he took his talents somewhere other than Miami. As the days go on I really believe L will step down this year. Let’s pray they don’t hand the keys to caputo.
Hopefully, someone other than Blake James, will select L’s successor. If the replacement is anyone on this staff, we might as well keep Coach L. 🤦‍♂️

This is sickening. He says the basic fundamentals of an offense are passing, catching, and shooting and we don't do any of them well. Then he said we have no catch and shoot players. So he's basically blaming his players for the current mess we are in. How about he and staff take a hard look in the mirror? Again, if this were football, are fanbase would be in pitchfork mode between the excuses, the pitiful records, the lackluster recruiting, the woeful roster management (ex. Walker is currently our only projected big on next year's team...lol) and more.

Advertisement
Sadly, I have to agree. Depending on who decides to come back, next year could be an even bigger mess.

...basic fundamentals of an offense are passing, catching, and shooting and we don't do any of them well. Then he said we have no catch and shoot players...
Coaching and recruiting and roster management and training and practice and game plan and prep are all big factors (along with injuries) but sadly, the above seems quite true for most of the current roster. Mix in the issues of dumb basketball, energy, enthusiasm and hero-ball that surface too often, and what ya get is a battle versus BC for the ACC cellar (this Friday.)

SIGH.

Gotta push back there -- winning a Big East Championship under Hamilton and winning both the ACC reg season championship and the ACC Tourney in the same year are definitely "bright spots." In fact the latter is VERY rare, even for UNC and Duke. Getting to a couple Sweet 16s is also notable.

Advertisement
Back