Miami at UNC

They wouldn't.

That team had some good players but many of the players that would make a difference later on for us were still freshmen and had limited impact at that time. The offense on that team wasn't close to being as good as this one. That whole roster may have had 2 or 3 NBA players total including the freshman. This roster has potentially 3 players in the starting lineup that are NBA bound.
Omier wouldn’t push around JG or Reggie and would probably get in foul trouble. Kadji and Miller are a near wash. Larkin and Scott were more complete players on both ends than Wong and Pack. TMJ/Brown we’re better shooters than Poplar and Joseph. This years team would have to play their best defensive game of the year to stay in it. I’m not talking about NBA potential or who turned out better the next year etc. 12-13 year vs 22-23 year only.

IMO these are the likely matchups.

Larkin vs Wong (Larkin everyday)
Scott vs Poplar (Scott everyday)
TMJ vs Pack (depends on who gets hot)
Kadji vs Miller (wash/depends on the day)
JG vs Omier (Would be a battle. Neither guy would take over)

Bench
Brown and Reggie >>>> Joseph and Walker/Casey

Advertisement
I love this team! I really hope we get a 4 seed, **** even a 3 seed … they are this point are playing like it. NCAAT should be fun and nerve-wracking. This team, like last years, has the potential to go deep…all depends on what the matchups are. Omier *has to* stay out of foul trouble come tourney time.

Exciting part is though Wong and Miller leave (huge losses), we still have Omier and Pack and growth of Wooga and the other freshman to look forward to…. we are building a program!

Go Canes!

Omier wouldn’t push around JG or Reggie and would probably get in foul trouble. Kadji and Miller are a near wash. Larkin and Scott were more complete players on both ends than Wong and Pack. TMJ/Brown we’re better shooters than Poplar and Joseph. This years team would have to play their best defensive game of the year to stay in it. I’m not talking about NBA potential or who turned out better the next year etc. 12-13 year vs 22-23 year only.

Bench
I was going to say this yesterday that Miller reminds me of Kadji. Does a little bit of everything. Miller is actually shooting better from 3 than Kadji did his senior year.

I was going to say this yesterday that Miller reminds me of Kadji. Does a little bit of everything. Miller is actually shooting better from 3 than Kadji did his senior year.
Kadji had so many highlight reel plays compared to Miller who just puts up numbers kinda quietly. I’d take Miller over a full season, but for one game, Kadji had a level that I don’t think Miller has. Have no idea about testing numbers and whatever, but to the naked eye, Kadji was more explosive. Miller is just so smooth. Old man game.

IMO these are the likely matchups.

Bench
Larkin vs Wong (Wash)
TMJ vs Pack (I'll take Pack)
Kadji vs Miller (Miller) If you don't believe me just listen to every announcer every game hype him up.
JG vs Omier Omier is far and away befter than Julian Gamble. We were both around for Gamble and "Nobody" thought while watching him, and correctly I might add, that his game would extend beyond college. He was a lowly skilled big man with no athleticism.

bench

Brown, Reggie
Bensley Joseph, Harlond Beverley, Walker and Casey
Maybe a wash or not.

Advertisement
I love this team and they haven’t even hit their stride yet. They effortlessly take you down which is a mark of a potentially sleeping monster. When they want to outright beat you up they still do it like s smooth skating Hockey team. And talent wise they are spread out beautifully aside from the height issues but in todays game you need mainly speed , defense and talent…that’s Miami.
National commentators constantly speak of how they love watching Miami space and distribute the ball.🙌❤️
These are the types of teams that Coach L excels with. He also seems to have found a great combination of guys who like one another and play together well. Anything can happen when you get to the tournament but if we can just play our game we are good enough to reach a new level.

The Final Four.

These are the types of teams that Coach L excels with. He also seems to have found a great combination of guys who like one another and play together well. Anything can happen when you get to the tournament but if we can just play our game we are good enough to reach a new level.

The Final Four.
Every game seems to be a mushrooming of confidence. Respect is growing not only amongst its peers but amongst the media.
Our defense is downright intimidating and that’s so much where games are won and lost. Fun stuff👏

Larkin vs Wong (Wash)
Kadji vs Miller (Miller) If you don't believe me just listen to every announcer every game hype him up.
JG vs Omier Omier is far and away befter than Julian Gamble. We were both around for Gamble and "Nobody" thought while watching him, and correctly I might add, that his game would extend beyond college. He was a lowly skilled big man with no athleticism.

bench

Brown, Reggie
Maybe a wash or not.
Miller is way ahead of Kadji in terms of understanding basketball. Miller is the reason we kill the 2-3 zone. Putting the ball in his hands at the free throw line is deadly. I can’t recall the last time we had a player of Miller’s skill set and size. I keep telling people he is the next Cedric Ceballos. You don’t need to run a single play for him a and he gets you 15-20. That is a coach’s dream.

And there is a reason he will play in the NBA and Kadji did not. And I liked Kadji but I love Miller’s game.

Advertisement
Larkin vs Wong (Wash)

bench

Brown, Reggie
Maybe a wash or not.

I think Larkin has the edge on Wong.

Poplar may be better than Scott by NCAAT time, but Scott is the clear choice today.

I think Pack over TMJ is hard to argue against right now.

Miller over Kadji and it’s not that close.

Omier over Gamble - no brainer.

Rion and Reggie were better individually than our current bench but this year’s bench has more versatility. I’d take Harlond over Rion, but of course Reggie over anything we have on the bench this year. I just like the options available to L this year.

Advertisement
I think Larkin has the edge on Wong.

Poplar may be better than Scott by NCAAT time, but Scott is the clear choice today.

I think Pack over TMJ is hard to argue against right now.

Miller over Kadji and it’s not that close.

Omier over Gamble - no brainer.

Rion and Reggie were better individually than our current bench but this year’s bench has more versatility. I’d take Harlond over Rion, but of course Reggie over anything we have on the bench this year. I just like the options available to L this year.
I am a Durand Scott stan.

Has a preseason #1 ever missed the tourny? What a deliciously bad season from UNC, so glad we could contribute in their house.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back