Miami at UNC

yes, miami won last night without much help from our top 2 players wong and Omier. miller and Pack are stepping up in a big way. We need more help from others too to take the next step. Poplar, Joseph, co need to keep getting better so other teams can't key on Omier, wong.
Eh I think Miller is better than Wong. Wong has had some good games and some really bad ones. Miller has been pretty consistent all year.

Advertisement
Especially since we're ranked 15th. Basic math makes us a 4 seed. smh

For a team that just left the Great 8 last year it seems like the disrespect will never stop.

This is the best team we've fielded..maybe ever. Yet only the ACC knows how good we are.

If we don't get upset early everyone will see how good we are.
The 2013 team would beat this one by a wide margin. That S16 performance took away from how good they were. The ACC was loaded and they absolutely dominated it. It’s the only Miami team that could truly match up with anyone. This team cannot.

The 2013 team would beat this one by a wide margin. That S16 performance took away from how good they were. The ACC was loaded and they absolutely dominated it. It’s the only Miami team that could truly match up with anyone. This team cannot.
I said earlier in the year last years team ***** on this years. That was a bit premature but this team needs to learn to put other teams away. Been too many stressful endings to games.

Poplar is the best player on that team, but he hasn't reached his best playing ability yet. next year, he will be twice the player he is this year and during the next few weeks he'll be even better than he is today. he is the most complete player miami has.

Advertisement
I said earlier in the year last years team ***** on this years. That was a bit premature but this team needs to learn to put other teams away. Been too many stressful endings to games.
Going to disagree here. We did not put away UVA and Virgina Tech at home in the month of February nor Duke in the conference semis.

This team may not scramble as well as last year's team but we are a **** of a lot better on the glass.

Poplar is the best player on that team, but he hasn't reached his best playing ability yet. next year, he will be twice the player he is this year and during the next few weeks he'll be even better than he is today. he is the most complete player miami has.
I'm giving up trashing guys on this team going forward but man I just can't agree with this. Poplar has high potential but I'm taking Omier and Miller all day. And Wong when he is on.

I'm giving up trashing guys on this team going forward but man I just can't agree with this. Poplar has high potential but I'm taking Omier and Miller all day. And Wong when he is on.
poplar can do just about everything omier, miller and wong can do, but they cannot do everything he does. give it some time, you'll see. even Coach L has said it.

L believes Wooga has superstar potential. I believe in L.
Oh it’s there. He’s as freaky of an athlete as Lonnie. Explosive isn’t even the right word… and he can do it off 2 feet or 1 (underrated trait)

Needs to work on his handle and continue to excel defensively and take pride in it.

He’s going to be a monster when it all clicks

Advertisement
They wouldn't.

That team had some good players but many of the players that would make a difference later on for us were still freshmen and had limited impact at that time. The offense on that team wasn't close to being as good as this one. That whole roster may have had 2 or 3 NBA players total including the freshman. This roster has potentially 3 players in the starting lineup that are NBA bound.

Going to disagree here. We did not put away UVA and Virgina Tech at home in the month of February nor Duke in the conference semis.

This team may not scramble as well as last year's team but we are a **** of a lot better on the glass.
Yea I remember the Va Tech game that was inexcusable. That Duke game Miami had chances to extend the lead in the first half but you knew Duke wouldn't go away. And yea that Virginia game Miami was up 10 early in the second. If it got to 15 then it's over.

This year Miami blew late game leads to Ga Tech and Pitt. Struggled to close out Cornell, Virginia, UNC, UCF.

Please explain how this makes sense. They all have 1 Quad 3 loss. Miami has 9 Quad 1-2 the rest have 8. There shouldn't be such a huge difference in the Net

School (Net)ConferenceRecordRoad NeutralHomeQuad 1Quad 2Quad 3Quad 4
Gonzaga (12)WCC20-55-24-211-13-45-06-16-0

Creighton (14)
Big East17-83-42-312-14-54-25-14-0
Marquette (15)Big East20-66-41-113-14-54-05-17-0
Miami (FL) (30)ACC21-56-41-114-05-44-05-17-0
Glad someone else is noticing and calling out the hypocrisy….

It’s a flat out joke!

We’re playing like a 3 seed… at minimum!

Advertisement
4 games left. I'd be happy if we go 3-1 at worst. 4-0 likely clinches the regular season but Virginia would have to lose a game. If Miami and Pitt finish with the same record and split the season series then what's the deciding factor?

They wouldn't.

That team had some good players but many of the players that would make a difference later on for us were still freshmen and had limited impact at that time. The offense on that team wasn't close to being as good as this one. That whole roster may have had 2 or 3 NBA players total including the freshman. This roster has potentially 3 players in the starting lineup that are NBA bound.
I love this team and they haven’t even hit their stride yet. They effortlessly take you down which is a mark of a potentially sleeping monster. When they want to outright beat you up they still do it like s smooth skating Hockey team. And talent wise they are spread out beautifully aside from the height issues but in todays game you need mainly speed , defense and talent…that’s Miami.
National commentators constantly speak of how they love watching Miami space and distribute the ball.🙌❤️

Advertisement
They wouldn't.

I love this team and they haven’t even hit their stride yet. They effortlessly take you down which is a mark of a potentially sleeping monster. When they want to outright beat you up they still do it like s smooth skating Hockey team. And talent wise they are spread out beautifully aside from the height issues but in todays game you need mainly speed , defense and talent…that’s Miami.
National commentators constantly speak of how they love watching Miami space and distribute the ball.🙌❤️

Omeir is hyperactive as a big... what a bonus. Bacot looked sand bogged in comparison.
If he gets his outside shot tuned up... he will find a spot as a 4 in the NBA similar to PJ Brown

Last edited:
Hopefully Watson will step up too...

Advertisement
Back