Miami at UCF tonight

Everyone here wanted Lovelady to excel @ UCF. He’s an alum and was seemingly on a great trajectory. There’s no excuse for a public U in FL with Bright Futures, etc.,to not be good to **** good on an annual basis. He probably had an argument to be in the Field of 64 in 2(?) of their seasons but it didn’t happen. Apparently, the AAC is also just a 1 bid league now. Thought it used to be 2-3(?) some years but I’m likely confused. Do I think he rates more time? Maybe so, but I’m biased since he’s an alum. But to join the Big XII, a legit Beisbol league?
My sons are elementary school aged so I’m out of the loop. How was his recruiting @ UCF? I would expect that you should be able to field a good team just pulling from Orange, Osceola, Seminole, Volusia, etc. not to mention what you might get from SoFla, FL JUCO circuit, etc. Anecdotally, he didn’t seem to even get commits from the local kids that were likely not college bound anyway due to draft position(s), etc.
All of the Orlando area kids can’t play in Hogtown so where do the other studs go?
I’ve heard Greg is a great dude and I’ve no doubts on that. Have heard some *****ing about his camps but that’s from parents of kids in my sons’ age range who likely have unrealistic expectations of what in reality is half azzed daycare with bats.
I’m sure he’ll end up back on his feet but I’m sure he’d likely be the first to admit that he **** the bed @ UCF.

Advertisement
Eh, this weekend was nice, but his postseason work so far can hardly be described as a “good job”. Let’s see if he can change that next week.
Funny thing is, say we fired Gino tomorrow any coach would have a similar roster with our financial constraints. Sure you can complain about his matchup pinch hitting obsession with no real sample size to prove it’s needed or his middle relief head scratchers. But largely in baseball each game dictates strategy as you know. Not every baserunning blunder or lack of situational hitting is on the coach. I doubt he preaches having half a country left on base. Or grounding into double plays or hitting pop-ups.

Funny thing is, say we fired Gino tomorrow any coach would have a similar roster with our financial constraints. Sure you can complain about his matchup pinch hitting obsession with no real sample size to prove it’s needed or his middle relief head scratchers. But largely in baseball each game dictates strategy as you know. Not every baserunning blunder or lack of situational hitting is on the coach. I doubt he preaches having half a country left on base. Or grounding into double plays or hitting pop-ups.
You either coach it or you allow it to happen.

Eh, this weekend was nice, but his postseason work so far can hardly be described as a “good job”. Let’s see if he can change that next week.
No he has done a good job ensembling a good and fun team that has withstood multiple injuries to its pitching staff. Btw your head coach at UF has done pretty well too.

Advertisement
I also remember you trashing Coach L in the 2nd half of the Drake game so you don't have much credibility when it comes to rating head coaches at the U,
Says the guy who would still have Perry Clark roaming the sidelines since UM coaches do no wrong.

Dude you trashed Coach because we were behind in a game. I expect that from a Gator fan so it didn't surprise me.

Right, because Miami fans are above anything like that.

Speaking of “fans”, why do you disappear from the baseball board literally every season? Why don’t you stick around to talk about Gino’s performance?

Right, because Miami fans are above anything like that.

Speaking of “fans”, why do you disappear from the baseball board literally every season? Why don’t you stick around to talk about Gino’s performance?

That's your go-to insult now? That people don't post on the Baseball board as frequently as you do?

Did you ever think that people just don't want to interact iwth YOU?

Advertisement
Advertisement
True. Mainly yours. But that still isn't a good enough reason for more people to post on this board.

Indeed. The board is mostly game threads… with posters posting like they are game threads… firing the staff and cutting all the players all game… with very little, I would do this prior to it happening in favor of he should have done that, after it occurs…

Gino isn’t getting fired 4 pitches into every game… in fact, at a #9 overall seed, he’s probably not getting fired soon at all…

As you know, I can beat a dead horse with the best of them, but just not for 9 innings at a time, 4 times a week…

Advertisement
I know people will think that’s huge…

But two total different jobs from pros and college. Big name but he hasn’t developed, recruited, etc. I can also tell you he wasn’t known as a “players coach” in pro ball. That’s a huge piece in the college game.

But who knows maybe this Weill jump start him.

Haire would be more interesting.

I know people will think that’s huge…

But two total different jobs from pros and college. Big name but he hasn’t developed, recruited, etc. I can also tell you he wasn’t known as a “players coach” in pro ball. That’s a huge piece in the college game.

But who knows maybe this Weill jump start him.

Haire would be more interesting.
Strange article to say the least. They’re certainly covering all of their bases with candidates lmao

Pretty sure I saw Girardi at the last UM FIU game. Dude stays buff, be cool to see him get in a wrestling match with one of his players. That said couldn’t see this guy having the patience for college kids, nevermind a wrestling match, one if the kids likely to deck him.

Advertisement
Back