Miami at Penn State

Baloney. Dequan Jones was a different player under Coach L.

It might be accurate to say L tends to struggle with elite freshman… but to say he doesn’t develop his athletic players is complete garbage.
Are you actually saying with a straight face that DeQuan "developed" at Miami? A few Sports Center dunk highlights and that was it!

Advertisement
Dequan Jones? Same guy who averaged 4 points & 2 rebounds per game during his career at Miami? Not sure how that shows that he was a different player under Larranaga. Not to pile it on neither, but who has Miami developed? I could be wrong but I can't think of anyone since Shane Larkin. Larranaga and staff have been pretty bad for a while now in just about every aspect of college coaching (recruiting, player development, x's & o's, winning, etc.).
Everyone on that 2013 team. You had guys like Kenny Kadji outplaying future NBA guys for Duke and UNC.

Everyone on that 2013 team. You had guys like Kenny Kadji outplaying future NBA guys for Duke and UNC.
2013, eh? LOL! Like I said, L & his crew have been terrible for a while now.

During Larranaga's early years here, Miami was a good option for guards, particularly PG's who could run the pick & roll. Whether it was poor recruiting or bad execution, the last few years has been a different story. And when it comes to bigs, I don't think Miami under Larranaga has ever been a marquee landing spot for quality big men (Dewan being the exception and I think we all know why now). Reason for that I believe is lack of development at that position. Aside from setting screens and rebounding not much involvement in his system neither.

Advertisement
Back