Miami at Notre Dame (1/24)

George is legit, unfortunately my guess is we may only have him for the remainder of the year as I have seen him popping up in some first round mocks. Obviously he has a lot of things to sure up, but has the tools the NBA likes to see.

The only mock I remember seeing him in was a 2025 one. But ****, if he turns it on enough by the end of the season to be a one and done, I’d take it.

Advertisement
I was at the game. This guy here is **** good. Outstanding defender for a freshman, good handles, good passer, good shot form and elevation. Oozes NBA potential. What a great find by Larranaga.
1706155295758.png

@JackMcClinton89 @Gables Canes @AmherstCane @IndayArtHauz @Cane in Los Angeles

George is legit, unfortunately my guess is we may only have him for the remainder of the year as I have seen him popping up in some first round mocks. Obviously he has a lot of things to sure up, but has the tools the NBA likes to see.
He's in the 1st round in a 2024 mock draft right now?

View attachment 280671
Based on this Miami has 2 players projected to go top 10 in the draft as well as Pack, Omier, and Cleveland and they are no where near a tournament team at this moment...something doesn't add up...

Advertisement
View attachment 280671
Wooga has not played like a lottery pick for much of the season but he absolutely has the tools to be one.

This is still an extremely talented team… they just need to figure out how to play together (and play defense with some iota of consistency).

Nwoko was +4 tonight… if he can continue to just give Omier a breather and not hurt the team, that will do wonders.

Also Watson needs to get his head right because we have to be able to go 8 deep to have any chance of sustaining over the remainder of the season.

Based on this Miami has 2 players projected to go top 10 in the draft as well as Pack, Omier, and Cleveland and they are no where near a tournament team at this moment...something doesn't add up...
Wtf top 10? Based off what?

Wtf top 10? Based off what?
No clue but click the link to that mock draft a few posts up. Had wooga going 6th and George going 9th...no clue how accurate that mock is though. I checked into another one and it had wooga at like 36 and Cleveland in the late 30s and no one else from Miami so who knows

The injuries, especially ankle injuries, have hurt the play. But that won't continue. I still like the team we have. Just can't lose games against teams we have no business losing to.

Advertisement
Quick thoughts:
-Omier just might be healthy. He’s a monster when he is
-Let’s no get down on Benz. He’s best suited for the sixth man role and if he can embrace it we’ll be ok
-Nwoko>Casey. Didn’t think I’d say that based on earlier in the season
-Wooga is still not 100%
-off night by Matt. Regardless, he’s started to look more like Miller lately. That’s a good thing
-this is still a dangerous team

On an aside, lol at Arkansas. Portal success doesn’t always mean wins.

I'd be surprised if anyone on this team is first round draftable. Kyshawn will be a first rounder next year. Wooga is all potential right now. Cleveland is an NBA player and so is Norchad. Pack is probably going overseas.

I'd put our starting 5 against anyone in college basketball when they are playing well. We don't even have to play great to beat most team just well.

The injuries, especially ankle injuries, have hurt the play. But that won't continue. I still like the team we have. Just can't lose games against teams we have no business losing to.
As we stand we are just 2 games out of the top 4 in the ACC with 12 games to go. With 2 games against UNC, 1 game against Duke and 1 more against FSU in trailer hassee every other game is winnable.

We finish 7-5 and we end ACC season at 11-9. That was good enough for 7th in the conference last year. (UNC) It wasn't good enough to get them to the NCAA's.

We dug ourselves into a hole and we've got to played inspired basketball to get out. Beating a ranked opponent would help our cause.

Why doesn't L give Djobet time over Watson?

Watson has no impact whatsoever on the game.
Was Casey injured? Or, dog house? Didn't see the court in a game his local Chicago family/fans could've easily driven to.

Nwoko's hands are really concerning. Fumbled away a attempted rebounds. The guards know they can't throw an entry pass into him underneath.

George at least shows some energy on D. He moves his feet, tries to fight through picks, etc. Understandable in that he''s the "new guy" trying to make an all-round impression on the coaching staff. And he was criticized earlier in the season by the staff for his lack of D awareness.

Advertisement
I'd be surprised if anyone on this team is first round draftable. Kyshawn will be a first rounder next year. Wooga is all potential right now. Cleveland is an NBA player and so is Norchad. Pack is probably going overseas.

I'd put our starting 5 against anyone in college basketball when they are playing well. We don't even have to play great to beat most team just well.
The question is, "Why aren't they playing well?" They weren't even before the injury bug hit.

The question is, "Why aren't they playing well?" They weren't even before the injury bug hit.
The offense looks out of sync. Getting 4 or 5 good offensive possesions in a row without turning the ball over would help.

Seems like something in the S. Florida basketball vibe. The Heat are struggling with the same sync and turnover issues that we have. The Heat have more offensive talent than last year but still can't hit the side of a barn.

Getting Bensley out of the starting lineup helps. He was a serious TO machine.

I think they were feeling the pressure of being the hunted and are pressing too much. Now they aren't the hunted they're the desperate.

To be fair we also haven't been very healthy.

Last edited:
No Miami player is going first round this year unless something dramatically happens in the next few months with their play.

George would be one to watch just based purely on potential.

Advertisement
Getting only 8 points from our bench game after game is the problem. Having Joseph and Beverly last year helped they were good for 9-10 points. Even Walker when he would play 10 mins was good for 4-6 points. We've got George but he's playing around 25-30 mins a game since Nov. and that's about it. Watson was a 4-star and has had 6 games where he has scored 0 points. Casey also a 4 star has had 5.

Last edited:
What a bad dream this season has become. No team is good when unhealthy.

I had no idea how it was impacting the practices until the announcer said something. I thought the hold-outs were precautionary, but that guys could otherwise practice.

I've said it before, there are pros and cons with Larranaga's "short-bench".

I had no idea how it was impacting the practices until the announcer said something. I thought the hold-outs were precautionary, but that guys could otherwise practice.

I've said it before, there are pros and cons with Larranaga's "short-bench".
You bring up a great point. We see the games but the injuries impact practice and preparation as much as anything.
A team can’t even run 5 on 5 with 2 quality teams when half the 2nd team is playing with the 1st team in practice.

Advertisement
Back