Miami at Notre Dame (1/24)

Advertisement
Good road win considering we lost Cleveland. George is probably our best on-ball defender now and was the 2nd best player tonight. Nigel is really struggling. Watson can't catch a break. He's trying. No idea what's going on with Wooga. A win is a win and we definitely needed one. We have to go through Norchad until some others get themselves sorted out.

Good road win considering we lost Cleveland. George is probably our best on-ball defender now and was the 2nd best player tonight. Nigel is really struggling. Watson can't catch a break. He's trying. No idea what's going on with Wooga. A win is a win and we definitely needed one. We have to go through Norchad until some others get themselves sorted out.
Pack was pretty good in the last 3 games scoring 19 in each...tonight he did not have a good game. IMO Miami needs to win these next 3 before that brutal stretch in Feb gets going

Advertisement
1706148997329.gif

A win is a win but if you aren't concerned with this team after watching this stretch of 6 or 7 games then I dno...ND is one of the worst teams in the ACC and it was a battle until the final few mins

Oh… I’m concerned. Deeply concerned. This team has not come close to its potential… and nobody on our bench other than Bens/George plays with any confidence.

Advertisement
We were still sloppy and took way too many bad shots, but the effort and defense were much better. Overall it was a nice, grind it out, road win.

Omier with a top shelf effort. I have been disappointed with his effort in a few games this year, but not tonight.

Advertisement
I was at the game. This guy here is **** good. Outstanding defender for a freshman, good handles, good passer, good shot form and elevation. Oozes NBA potential. What a great find by Larranaga.

George is legit, unfortunately my guess is we may only have him for the remainder of the year as I have seen him popping up in some first round mocks. Obviously he has a lot of things to sure up, but has the tools the NBA likes to see.

Advertisement
Pack was pretty good in the last 3 games scoring 19 in each...tonight he did not have a good game. IMO Miami needs to win these next 3 before that brutal stretch in Feb gets going
I think we can beat Pitt at home but if we want a chance at the Tournament we have to find a way to beat NC St.

Good win. Hard to win on the road, especially in ACC. Crazy to think we’ve won our last 2 away games and lost our last 2 home games after being like 27-1.

Need a win against Pitt. Then you have to find away against NCSU.

February is brutal. UVA not good but Bennet is outstanding and they are undefeated at home. Need to win one of the Duke/UNC home games to be “last four in” territory.

We’ll see how it plays out - lots of time left

George is legit, unfortunately my guess is we may only have him for the remainder of the year as I have seen him popping up in some first round mocks. Obviously he has a lot of things to sure up, but has the tools the NBA likes to see.
That’s not surprising. You’re exactly right—NBA drafts on potential and he just has so much of it in all the right areas with great size and length. At the same time, you can tell he’s had good training on his fundamentals. And he has all the intangibles as well—very collected and composed and smart. I haven’t watched the Canes all that much this year, and I was really impressed with him. Stood out immediately. Cleveland, not so much.

Good win. Hard to win on the road, especially in ACC. Crazy to think we’ve won our last 2 away games and lost our last 2 home games after being like 27-1.

Need a win against Pitt. Then you have to find away against NCSU.

February is brutal. UVA not good but Bennet is outstanding and they are undefeated at home. Need to win one of the Duke/UNC home games to be “last four in” territory.

We’ll see how it plays out - lots of time left

Yeah we need a lot of things to trend our way at this point, since our resume is objectively quite bad. Probably would need 13-14 ACC wins, with at least one of those against Duke/UNC... and given we are 4-4 at the moment I would be really surprised if we could get 13-14 conference wins, particularly given the remaining schedule. My guess is we hover right around .500 in conference play most of the season, probably end 9-11,10-10, or 11-9.

Advertisement
Back