Miami at Notre Dame (1/24)

You bring up a great point. We see the games but the injuries impact practice and preparation as much as anything.
A team can’t even run 5 on 5 with 2 quality teams when half the 2nd team is playing with the 1st team in practice.
This might have something to do with the chemistry problems we've all noticed with this year's team.

Advertisement
Getting only 8 points from our bench game after game is the problem. Having Joseph and Beverly last year helped they were good for 9-10 points. Even Walker when he would play 10 mins was good for 4-6 points. We've got George but he's playing around 25-30 mins a game since Nov. and that's about it. Watson was a 4-star and has had 6 games where he has scored 0 points. Casey also a 4 star has had 5.
Watson was a 4 star like Favour Aire was a 4 star. Playing in the DC Catholic League leads to some rater eval "misreads" like that. Timberlake and, to a lesser extent, Lykes also came out of the same WCAC with the same inflated ratings.

you all are smoking the best **** ever thinking there are NBA players on this team.
Pack- outside chance because he can shoot but he is small and can't guard a nose bleed. he doesn't even demand the ball on this team because he isn't a leader. Pack should be avg 20+ a game. he also has trouble finishing at the rim. Love him, great college player and he is a competitor.
Omier- He should just start training for the NFL. he has 0 NBA future. he is a hellafide athlete and would have a great opportunity playing DE or TE.
Wooga- Cant handle the rock and can't take the ball to the hoop and finish. lazy defender, plays weak ball. I would give him the same chance as Pack as ever being in the NBA.
Cleveland- no clue but I would probably assume he has the best chance of playing in the NBA but those are very minimal.

Getting only 8 points from our bench game after game is the problem. Having Joseph and Beverly last year helped they were good for 9-10 points. Even Walker when he would play 10 mins was good for 4-6 points. We've got George but he's playing around 25-30 mins a game since Nov. and that's about it. Watson was a 4-star and has had 6 games where he has scored 0 points. Casey also a 4 star has had 5.

I don’t know where this myth that Walker was good for 4-6 points comes from. He averaged 10 minutes and 2.8 points.

I don’t know where this myth that Walker was good for 4-6 points comes from. He averaged 10 minutes and 2.8 points.
It ain’t a myth in the 21 games he actually played 10+ minutes he averaged 4 points (13 of the games he scored 4+). In the 15 games he played less than 10 mins he scored a total of 20 points that’s 1.3 points.

Advertisement
In the 9 games so far Casey has played more than 10 minutes he’s averaged 3.9 points.

Walker was truly a low IQ player. Extremely physically gifted, but a guy who wanted to be a primary scorer but couldn’t shoot and didn’t love to defend or rebound.

L’s system gives players a lot of freedom… but it doesn’t work with players with low basketball IQ. Walker just wasn’t a good fit even after 4 years.

Advertisement
Back