Miami at GT win to get ranked?

He was 4-8 from 3s against Miami. Not 9-11 but not bad at all.
He's a pure shooter. And, you are right, he burned us. Consolation is (1) we won the game, and (2) it (now obvious) could have been worse. Got a quick release. I wonder if any of the Fla schools recruited him at all? He was a standout QB too, I believe, at Bishop Moore HS up in Orange County.

Advertisement
He's a pure shooter. And, you are right, he burned us. Consolation is (1) we won the game, and (2) it (now obvious) could have been worse. Got a quick release. I wonder if any of the Fla schools recruited him at all? He was a standout QB too, I believe, at Bishop Moore HS up in Orange County.

He was a low 3-star. VT was his only "P5" offer. Next biggest offer was UCF. Most offers were from schools like Belmont, Wofford, Furman, etc.

The last few games Sam has looked average and uninspirational saw that again yesterday. We need him to take advantage of smaller opposing lineups like GT. Jordan Miller was the example of doing that. We need Sam to shoot more can hit 3 ‘s it’s not his repoirtoire it’s there.

Basically I get tired of seeing the refs hate us blah blah blah posts. Spare me excuses, it’s nauseating. I like the passion shown by Amherst and Canedude on here, cool to see genuine fans post BUT the ref sh*t is so tiring. And by the way Ohio St won in 2002, watch the whole game. OSU overpowered in the 1st half and Canes D gave up way too many 3rd/4th & longs to Craig F’ing Krenzel. God I hope that guy is curing cancer somewhere, he better be.
Yea. You should leave this board.

Advertisement
He was a low 3-star. VT was his only "P5" offer. Next biggest offer was UCF. Most offers were from schools like Belmont, Wofford, Furman, etc.
Thanks for the info. Cattoor is no Jack McClinton but they both illustrate why no team should go hurting for 3 point marksmen. There are plenty of non-athletic, 3 star pure shooters out there to be had (McClinton had to initially go to Siena).

The name of the game is still putting the ball in the basket (for 3 points, preferably). I often think coaches/fans get hung up on highlight reel dunks by super-athletic players. I'd take a Cattoor or McClinton or the like, over a DeQuan Jones any day of the week.

Hunter Cattoor wasn't highly recruited coming out of Bishop Moore. Mike Young signed him to Wofford when he was the HC there. However, once he took the job at VTech, Cattoor went with him.

Advertisement
This team can get to the elite 8 the way it is, IMO. Not saying that’s the expectation, but it’s not outside the realm of possibility. It’s a matchup game and our 5 out offense and defensive intensity can beat almost anyone on a good night.
We went to the line 25 times vs 9 for Tech

Well **** deserved. FSU is a great program that gives us fits. The fact that we have handled business after losing two heartbreakers to them is big time stuff from the team and staff. Hopefully we keep our foot on the gas and don’t worry about the rankings

The last few games Sam has looked average and uninspirational saw that again yesterday. We need him to take advantage of smaller opposing lineups like GT. Jordan Miller was the example of doing that. We need Sam to shoot more can hit 3 ‘s it’s not his repoirtoire it’s there.
The slamming of Sam is unbelievable. If Sam's play was uninspirational, what was Wong's on Saturday? Here is Sam's conference stats. The defensive drop-off when Sam is not on the floor is significant.

PPG: 10.5
FG: .580
3FG: .533
FT: .769
REB: 3.4
BLKS: 1.75
A: 1.625
TO: .0875
MINS: 30.2

Advertisement
The slamming of Sam is unbelievable. If Sam's play was uninspirational, what was Wong's on Saturday? Here is Sam's conference stats. The defensive drop-off when Sam is not on the floor is significant.

PPG: 10.5
FG: .580
3FG: .533
FT: .769
REB: 3.4
BLKS: 1.75
A: 1.625
TO: .0875
MINS: 30.2
Yeah I’m more concerned about wong right now versus Sam. Sam just needs to be more aggressive

Advertisement
Duke with 2 top 25 wins is still at #9. Miami beat Duke is still unranked at #30. Marquette with 7 losses is still ranked at #22. All you can do is keep winning. Miami is like Pittsburgh in football this year. I got to say I'm really enjoying the way the team is playing currently.

Advertisement
Back