Miami and financial support

look, I’m not doubting there is an issue here or there but that was a total bull**** rumor mongering not sourced by anyone who would know hit job probably coming from those who have a vested interest in hurting Miami recruiting and/or worried Miami gets a jump to a P2 before them or doesn’t want Miami to leave.

he has no sources that way to that level inside. Though his own prior words (b10 yes).

now suddenly he has the equivalent of a wall at journal /ny times investigative report on Twitter - outside of his own long more opinionated posts there, I challenge you to find one other diatribe like that with as many “quotes” from sources.

watch him do an “update” in the coming weeks as he gets “new” info (probably from a Miami source or two trying to spin the narrative back).

I dont buy it. Not in year 1.85 of the plan.

and not because I drinking koolaid or all in on where things are cause I’m not, but this is so out there even with what we have experienced with this school I still call bull****.
Lol one of his sources said that our loss to MTSU was “something you don’t come back from.” Somehow 1 loss ruins a program’s financial model. This is a complete clown show post, very likely fed to him by those Nole sources he uses. It’s complete fanfic and nonsense.

Advertisement
Guys while you decipher the message by a nole fan of our broke *** program.
Please make sure you donate to this cause that’s important to my heart. This species in grave danger of becoming extinct.
Pm me and I’ll let you know where to send the donation.

Long live the internet!!!!

Advertisement
So let me make sure I understand the narrative about UM not having money.

UM has enough money to sign its best basketball recruiting class EVER but not enough for a competitive football program???
And before someone replies that it costs less to sign basketball players, no it does not. Kansas lured Hunter ****inson away from Michigan with a one-year, multi million dollar NIL deal, which Michigan, a “rich” school was unable to match.

Or maybe, just maybe UM has enough NIL money to be competitive but our annually mediocre football team is scaring off recruits, because our Final 4 basketball team is having no problems whatsoever.

Or how about the FSU has more money narrative???
Well FSU’s best basketball player from last season now starts at UM! Because he saw Jordan Miller’s success and wants the same for himself.

Winning matters people. So rather than worrying about NIL, worry about he fact that we are 6-6 football program. Becasue no one is worrying on the basketball side about attracting recruits. Amazingly at the exact same university.

But don’t let facts stand in the way of a narrative.

Genetics has always been full of **** and i tried telling you guys that. He has no sources and changes his tune every other week. Literally 2 billion in uhealth profit over the last 4 years. Profit, not revenue.
The guy’s the biggest fake insider on Twitter. Makes sweeping statements that can be interpreted from two sides, backtracks whenever something doesn’t go his way or ignores it.

So let me make sure I understand the narrative about UM not having money.

UM has enough money to sign its best basketball recruiting class EVER but not enough for a competitive football program???
And before someone replies that it costs less to sign basketball players, no it does not. Kansas lured Hunter ****inson away from Michigan with a one-year, multi million dollar NIL deal, which Michigan, a “rich” school was unable to match.

Or maybe, just maybe UM has enough NIL money to be competitive but our annually mediocre football team is scaring off recruits, because our Final 4 basketball team is having no problems whatsoever.

Or how about the FSU has more money narrative???
Well FSU’s best basketball player from last season now starts at UM! Because he saw Jordan Miller’s success and wants the same for himself.

Winning matters people. So rather than worrying about NIL, worry about he fact that we are 6-6 football program. Becasue no one is worrying on the basketball side about attracting recruits. Amazingly at the exact same university.

But don’t let facts stand in the way of a narrative.
We are worried about the win/loss record, and the recruiting... suck tax isn't going down.... need the NIL to win in football...

Advertisement
Yup. And two years ago we heard how broke Florida State was—how they couldn't afford to buy out Norvell as they were still paying off Willie Lump Lump—and how Fisher left because the school was broke and not investing in infrastructure.

Two years later, FSU is 10-0 and knocking on the door of the playoffs with a scrub coach they were looking to oust after he started 0-4 in his second season with a home loss to Jacksonville State.

Booster money has never flowed through little private school UM. They always have to find money through other means. What else is new.
Miami is anything but a poor little school. https://presidents-report.miami.edu/_assets/pdf/2022/2022-presidents-report-financials.pdf

Look, anyone gullible enough to believe that pile of horse****...deserves to be mocked.

Particularly the breathless "here's what another AD had to say" nonsense.

None of that **** is true. None of it.

First, anyone who understands UM and its building projects KNOWS that half of the facility being built in the surface parking lot of the Wellness Center...IS A PARKING GARAGE...and that side of campus desperately needs it, as the new dorms will NECESSITATE more parking. As well as the loss of the surface parking at the Wellness Center. Does anyone HONESTLY believe that we are building palatial new dorms, but then consigning those students to having to park a mile away to take a shuttle bus every day? Yeah, that's not happening.

Second, as to the "can't afford it" ridiculousness, we literally can't afford NOT to do it. Even if football sucks, we have a ranked basketball team. Our baseball team just signed the #6 recruiting class. The new football building allows ALL OTHER SPORTS to have better facilities. And if we have ANY shot of impressing the Big 10, it's not by cheaping out at the last minute. Regardless of how expensive it might be, we need those facilities. ****, we needed them 20 years ago. By the way, how much money does the new Student Center bring in? If anyone thinks that the Rathskeller revenue offsets what that building cost...pure insanity...

Third, where is this miraculous debt? Oh my gosh, Mario's been on the job for less than 2 years. We haven't even gotten our revenue share for 2023-24 yet. We certainly haven't built anything in the Wellness Center parking lot. But these liars would have you believe that we have ALREADY gone into some massive debt over this. It's the most asinine thing I've read within any of these realignment threads. HOW? How have we already gone into debt? Does anyone use even a TINY bit of skepticism when reading that OBVIOUSLY MOTIVATED anti-UM bull****?

I don't know how many times I've had to say this in the past, or into the future, but CAPITAL EXPENDITURES are fundamentally different from operating expenses. They just are. People give money FOR BUILDINGS because they want their names on buildings. They want legacy. It's not about "ROI" or whatever that dopey post would have you believe.

Now, if the NIL and Hurricane Club money streams are a bit smaller after a few losses, who knows. Actually, I know people who know, and I haven't heard that yet. COULD it happen? Sure, it "could". But if donors are quitting part of the way through Year 2...well, who knows, I guess someone could, but how is it that this ONLY happens to Miami? It's just nutty to invent 4 pages of a post that purports to give "inside information" that has no basis in fact, and that is only tailored to the worst fears of our most skittish *****-made fans.

So I'd simply say this. Where is the GaTech balance sheet? Where is the Clemson balance sheet? Where is the Miami balance sheet that shows all this debt? Dan wasn't pushed out of GaTech or Clemson. The two campuses are a few hours apart, you'd think that if his behavior was so problematic, we would have heard something by now. I live in Atlanta and I have NEVER heard that Dan put GaTech into massive debt. Was it expensive to renovate one of the oldest stadiums in the country? Yes it was. Was Dan responsible for that? No. Did it need to be done? Yes.

I hate Twatter and Instacrap and all those sites. I had to read about this stuff on my computer, because when someone sent me a Twatter preview, the screenshots were too small to read. But maybe some of you with courage and a command of the facts can inform Genetics that all of that stuff was highlyl motivated and designed to hurt Miami. Someone must fear us and our desirability, to make up FOUR PAGES of bull**** like that.

And let's be clear. I am NOT saying that everything is perfect. If you went back and figured out how long it took us to build the Ryder/BUC/Watsco, you would know that sometimes things in Miami take a while.

As one of my fellow friends and posters just texted me earlier today, the UM School of Business now provides MASSAGES. And as I responded, UM has come a long way since it claimed poverty when the Student Government tried to get them to pay for more lighting on campus and a pedestrian bridge over US 1.

Miami has money. Stop believing every "sky is falling" fake story, even if a guy like Genetics re-twats it.

And grow some balls and tell Genetics that none of that crap is true.
Close thread!!!!!

Don’t worry guys, Genetics is the same guy who said FSU and Clemson leaving the conference is imminent. He said that in September and October but it’ll be any day now for sure.

This reads like an oppo dump. That’s all it is.
Genetics has predicted the return of 11 sepearate religious messiahs.

Bored GIF

Good point. It’s a fear, uncertainty and doubt story (using anonymous sources) meant to dig the hole the football team finds themselves in deeper. Winning is the best disinfectant 🙌
It's worked for FSU.

They didn't even have to build the new urinals.

Advertisement
There's two types of Twitter accounts that aren't legitimate individuals.

1) People who know nothing that want others to think they know something
2) People deliberately trying to spread disinformation

There is no in between. There is a reason why before the dawn of social media newspapers didn't let random guys who work in the stockroom at Best Buy write articles.

Nobody knows who tf this guy is, what he knows, or his motivations yet people keep posting this Twitter account over and over. Why? You all were smart enough to figure out how to use a computer. How are you not smart enough to spot bulls****?

I've read enough of his posts that it's pretty clear he's barking for someone, for whatever reason.

Imagine believing building a new football facility is getting paused because NIL is dried up and we have to divert funds to NIL instead lol. The football facility could probably cover our NIL for the next 15-20 years lol.

Advertisement
Look, anyone gullible enough to believe that pile of horse****...deserves to be mocked.

Particularly the breathless "here's what another AD had to say" nonsense.

None of that **** is true. None of it.

First, anyone who understands UM and its building projects KNOWS that half of the facility being built in the surface parking lot of the Wellness Center...IS A PARKING GARAGE...and that side of campus desperately needs it, as the new dorms will NECESSITATE more parking. As well as the loss of the surface parking at the Wellness Center. Does anyone HONESTLY believe that we are building palatial new dorms, but then consigning those students to having to park a mile away to take a shuttle bus every day? Yeah, that's not happening.

Second, as to the "can't afford it" ridiculousness, we literally can't afford NOT to do it. Even if football sucks, we have a ranked basketball team. Our baseball team just signed the #6 recruiting class. The new football building allows ALL OTHER SPORTS to have better facilities. And if we have ANY shot of impressing the Big 10, it's not by cheaping out at the last minute. Regardless of how expensive it might be, we need those facilities. ****, we needed them 20 years ago. By the way, how much money does the new Student Center bring in? If anyone thinks that the Rathskeller revenue offsets what that building cost...pure insanity...

Third, where is this miraculous debt? Oh my gosh, Mario's been on the job for less than 2 years. We haven't even gotten our revenue share for 2023-24 yet. We certainly haven't built anything in the Wellness Center parking lot. But these liars would have you believe that we have ALREADY gone into some massive debt over this. It's the most asinine thing I've read within any of these realignment threads. HOW? How have we already gone into debt? Does anyone use even a TINY bit of skepticism when reading that OBVIOUSLY MOTIVATED anti-UM bull****?

I don't know how many times I've had to say this in the past, or into the future, but CAPITAL EXPENDITURES are fundamentally different from operating expenses. They just are. People give money FOR BUILDINGS because they want their names on buildings. They want legacy. It's not about "ROI" or whatever that dopey post would have you believe.

Now, if the NIL and Hurricane Club money streams are a bit smaller after a few losses, who knows. Actually, I know people who know, and I haven't heard that yet. COULD it happen? Sure, it "could". But if donors are quitting part of the way through Year 2...well, who knows, I guess someone could, but how is it that this ONLY happens to Miami? It's just nutty to invent 4 pages of a post that purports to give "inside information" that has no basis in fact, and that is only tailored to the worst fears of our most skittish *****-made fans.

So I'd simply say this. Where is the GaTech balance sheet? Where is the Clemson balance sheet? Where is the Miami balance sheet that shows all this debt? Dan wasn't pushed out of GaTech or Clemson. The two campuses are a few hours apart, you'd think that if his behavior was so problematic, we would have heard something by now. I live in Atlanta and I have NEVER heard that Dan put GaTech into massive debt. Was it expensive to renovate one of the oldest stadiums in the country? Yes it was. Was Dan responsible for that? No. Did it need to be done? Yes.

I hate Twatter and Instacrap and all those sites. I had to read about this stuff on my computer, because when someone sent me a Twatter preview, the screenshots were too small to read. But maybe some of you with courage and a command of the facts can inform Genetics that all of that stuff was highlyl motivated and designed to hurt Miami. Someone must fear us and our desirability, to make up FOUR PAGES of bull**** like that.

And let's be clear. I am NOT saying that everything is perfect. If you went back and figured out how long it took us to build the Ryder/BUC/Watsco, you would know that sometimes things in Miami take a while.

As one of my fellow friends and posters just texted me earlier today, the UM School of Business now provides MASSAGES. And as I responded, UM has come a long way since it claimed poverty when the Student Government tried to get them to pay for more lighting on campus and a pedestrian bridge over US 1.

Miami has money. Stop believing every "sky is falling" fake story, even if a guy like Genetics re-twats it.

And grow some balls and tell Genetics that none of that crap is true.
What kind of Massages?? I may have to reconsider an MBA….

The Simpsons Christmas GIF by AniDom

Lol one of his sources said that our loss to MTSU was “something you don’t come back from.” Somehow 1 loss ruins a program’s financial model. This is a complete clown show post, very likely fed to him by those Nole sources he uses. It’s complete fanfic and nonsense.
That was in year 1 as well.

Advertisement
Back