Miami and financial support

I get what you’re saying but like 98% of UM’s student body is not local so they’re probably at home already for thanksgiving break.

I know Miami has always been a private school but I really don’t think it’s the same place lots of older alumni remember it as. It’s always been a really highly regarded academic institution, but from what I’ve heard it used to be a lot more accessible for local kids and Florida natives. With how hard it is to attend these days (acceptance rate and cost), the connection with the local community gets weaker and weaker as more generations of college attendees have to pursue FSU, USF, UCF, FIU, FAU, etc. as alternative options for higher education.

It’s why you see so many Noles alumni/fans down here in Miami. I’m sure many grew up loving the possibility of going to UM. But in reality, UM is not a realistic option for most people.
Yeah sorry even on their best game 2,500 of them show. They don’t even take up 3 full sections it’s like 2.5 lower bowl sections. UF and FSU fill half the stadium with students no matter what because the numbers, UM doesn’t need an on campus stadium.

Advertisement
Yeah sorry even on their best game 2,500 of them show. They don’t even take up 3 full sections it’s like 2.5 lower bowl sections. UF and FSU fill half the stadium with students no matter what because the numbers, UM doesn’t need an on campus stadium.
I agree 100%. You’re right. It’s weak even for a big game. Just trying to give a little context. With the amount of out of staters and international students, I don’t think our football program is a priority for most of them.

Do I think the stadium location makes a difference? No.

But, with it already being an uphill battle to spark interest form the student body, do I think the Hard Rock location helps? Also no.

Every time i think the pile of 💩 shoveled on this board couldn’t possibly get much higher, someone not only puts up a post like this, but 90% of the board actually believes it.

And we wonder why western civilization is in permanent decline.

SMFH

This, it was Locksley at MD who just spent a small fortune on new facilities. Said kids would be happy to get dressed in a trash can if they got $25K NIL so facilities dont mean nearly as much anymore for crooting, all NIL.
Thanks.

Ideally we should have both, but I would rather go completely overboard on NIL. Get the classes, get the wins (hopefully), and then pivot the extra revenue into facilities.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back