Miami AD on Mark Richt's impact: I went from hated to loved

He lucked into the hire...had UGA not been scared of losing Kirby Smart to Carolina, Richt is still the coach there
The plans had already been in place to replace cmr if he did not win big last year because of all his embarrassing loses the last few years...the big money alumni had put the pressure on pres Morehead who went in one year of being a cmr booster to no comment on cmr....Morehead knows it's all about money...the answer to championships is both game planning and recruiting 4,5 star players...Smart and staff can do that...it remains to be seen whether Cmr can do that..

Advertisement
Get that indoor practice facility and get a stadium on campus then you'll be loved. Just making a good hire won't change much.

Stadium?
No problem. Just clear out all the academic buildings on the north end of campus.

How many do we have to take out? Do you have estimate on the demo cost? Let's get this plan going.

Only a couple of hundred G's, not that bad when you consider that it includes half of the library.

Get that indoor practice facility and get a stadium on campus then you'll be loved. Just making a good hire won't change much.

Stadium?
No problem. Just clear out all the academic buildings on the north end of campus.

How many do we have to take out? Do you have estimate on the demo cost? Let's get this plan going.

Only a couple of hundred G's, not that bad when you consider that it includes half of the library.

They still have a library? I still pray in Latin but have not been in a library in 15 years. What is up with that? Tear the whole thing down for parking.

Advertisement
He might want to try driving down to Coral Gables & check out the traffic debacle. No way I would fight that for games.

Only a completely ignorant and delusional fan would think there is even a 0.0001% chance that there will be an on campus stadium. No place to put one and no chance the City of Coral Gables would ever approve one even if there was room. The guy should be banned from posting.

Stadium?

They still have a library? I still pray in Latin but have not been in a library in 15 years. What is up with that? Tear the whole thing down for parking.

Ahhh Parking.
We dun need no steenking library.

@umarcher How do you feel about the hire? I'm okay with it, but I still think Butch or Leach would've been the best hire to get us back.

Advertisement
Stadium?

Ahhh Parking.
We dun need no steenking library.

Given the delays from most rain games, we really need a dome. Any resale value for the books?

Advertisement
Back