Miami -9.5 vs. F$U

Advertisement
Weren’t we favored by 14 just a couple of years ago?
2018, and we came back down 3 scores.

I listen all week to Nole podcasts because they all knew they were going to lose. Game played out very differently, they were up 27-7 WITH the ball. That’s the game with the screen pass that got called back that is their version of the 2002 Fiesta Bowl PI call.

Prediction?

friends sleep GIF

Advertisement
Rivalry games are strange but with Manny and Ed here now we'll be focused and if we bring our A game this will be over at half time

Advertisement
Since 1990 (29 games) Miami-FSU has been decided by one score in 18 of those games, 62% of the time. Never forget 2014 and 2015 where FSU was in the BCS picture and we were WAY down; both of those games we should have won and Cook carried them to a late comeback victory.

Moral of the story - do not EVER overlook a rivalry game like this. Both teams usually show up and FSU will pull out all the stops to make this their "no one believes in us" game.

I think it was in 2016 and we lost. This year, is an entirely different situation for both programs. We cover, easily.
We win, but too many points for me - in a rivalry game - to take UM. Not like we still don't have weaknesses on both sides of the ball that can exploited.

Advertisement
-11 when I checked on DraftKings last night. My gut says we beat them by 3 TD's+ but I don't like the idea of giving that many points in a rivalry game, so I'm staying away from betting this one.

I want to crush FSU worse than the year they came out with their famous rap video. We need to give recruits a real reason to pick us over other schools..........just win baby!
I would love to drop 40+ on them, with that said since this is a huge rivalry I'm going to temper my excitement and just hope for the win.

Advertisement
It’s now up to -10.5. And before anyone says our games are always close, F$U is coming off a bye, F$U may be without their coach, etc, that is already factored into the line or it it won’t be. Our history against them really doesn’t matter in this game.

95912788-C889-4977-93EB-9E3845519F34.jpeg

we SHOULD beat them similar to last year. But man, we;ve been down this road before playing a home game against an outmanned FSU squad. No coach, talent is a mess - this should be a 2+ score victory (probably by 10-14 points).

It’s now up to -10.5. And before anyone says our games are always close, F$U is coming off a bye, F$U may be without their coach, etc, that is already factored into the line or it it won’t be. Our history against them really doesn’t matter in this game.

View attachment 131107

IIRC, the 2018 game got up to Miami -17 before kickoff, and we were losing 27-7 in the 2nd half. Not that it has anything to do with this year, just saying that was an insanely high spread for this game and we didn't have a shot to cover from the opening kickoff.

Advertisement
Back