Miami 6 Florida 4 - GAME 1 FINAL

You're the only negative nelly on here tonight. I guarantee if we lose tomorrow they will post. The team might turn out not to be good we will see but to hear bellyaching after the first game was a joke.

Advertisement
-Diaz wasn't as sharp as I have seen him. Found himself in the 4th and was pretty dominant from then on, pitched beautifully out of a jam in the 7th. A couple chinkers hurt him in the first inning. Showed why he is the ace.

-Hernandez player of the game. Great AB's with 3 hits. Looked awesome in the field too. For all of the hype the freshman are getting, the returners once again stepped it up tonight. Dale and Palmer each had a big hit and played well in the field, except for Palmer's arm, which he can't really control. Thompson, Kennedy, and Hernandez all had pretty good days. Everything Kennedy and Thompson hit all night was on the screws. Fieger had 2 hits.

-Corner IF continues to be a concern. Thompson botched a relay in the 1st and Fieger missed two picks that need to be made at this level. And to think Collins who is our worst option wasn't even in the field tonight.

-Abreu's opposite field HR was an indication of what his potential might be. Also can look terrible on some swings.

-Bryan Garcia, the freshman reliever who is getting a lot of PT looked good. Struck out 3 in the final 2 innings. Sat at 92+ with some decent off speed.

-Jury is still out on Johnny Ruiz. 0-2 with 2BB tonight and looked good enough at 2B.

-Heyward was 0-2 tonight. Don't think he should be DHing for us.

-Morris is so in love with the lefty/righty matchup is is ridiculous. Everyone is IMO, especially at the collegiate level.

-Their catcher had 4 hits, looked very legit.

-When is the last time we hit 3 HR in game? At the Light? That was as exciting as a game as I have been to down here. We hit the **** out of the ball tonight, albeit a guy throwing 86-88 most of the game. We even manufactured a run off a guy they brought in throwing 94-96.

Last edited:
You're the only negative nelly on here tonight. I guarantee if we lose tomorrow they will post. The team might turn out not to be good we will see but to hear bellyaching after the first game was a joke.

You're the only one who posted something that had absolutely nothing to do with the game. Go play on I-95.

-Diaz wasn't as sharp as I have seen him. Found himself in the 4th and was pretty dominant from then on, pitched beautifully out of a jam in the 7th. A couple chinkers hurt him in the first inning. Showed why he is the ace.

-Hernandez player of the game. Great AB's with 3 hits. Looked awesome in the field too. For all of the hype the freshman are getting, the returners once again stepped it up tonight. Dale and Palmer each had a big hit and played well in the field, except for Palmer's arm, which he can't really control. Thompson, Kennedy, and Hernandez all had pretty good days. Everything Kennedy and Thompson hit all night was on the screws. Fieger had 2 hits.

-Corner IF continues to be a concern. Thompson botched a relay in the 1st and Fieger missed two picks that need to be made at this level. And to think Collins who is our worst option wasn't even in the field tonight.

-Abreu's opposite field HR was an indication of what his potential might be. Also can look terrible on some swings.

-Bryan Garcia, the freshman reliever who is getting a lot of PT looked good. Struck out 3 in the final 2 innings. Sat at 92+ with some decent off speed.

-Jury is still out on Johnny Ruiz. 0-2 with 2BB tonight and looked good enough at 2B.

-Heyward was 0-2 tonight. Don't think he should be DHing for us.

-Morris is so in love with the lefty/righty matchup is is ridiculous. Everyone is IMO, especially at the collegiate level.

-Their catcher had 4 hits, looked very legit.

-When is the last time we hit 3 HR in game? At the Light? That was as exciting as a game as I have been to down here. We hit the **** out of the ball tonight, albeit a guy throwing 86-88 most of the game. We even manufactured a run off a guy they brought in throwing 94-96.

I thought Garcia flirted with three-ball counts a little too much. A couple of times there he was one pitch from being in a real jam. Nice to see him work out of those.

Agree on Heyward. I'm not going to call the kid awful, but I just didn't see an ACC-ready hitter up there.

Thompson botching the relay in the first was bigger than people were making it out to be. By letting that batter get to second, we lost the force, and the very next guy hit a ground ball to third. Could have been out with one run.

Advertisement
It was a nice win. Soysoy outlined the good and bad. Defense is frustrating and puts the pitcher in some bad spots. Middle infielders did make some nice plays including a few key double plays.

If you want to focus on the negative, there could certainly be a thread dating back 5 years on defense and fundamentals alone. There was some bad baseball plays tonight.

I'll take the win. Always good beating the Gators. Better when seeing it live.

Specifics aside, it always feels good to beat the Gators no matter what sport. Now we need to at least win one of the next two. Then I'll be impressed.

Good inning, but terrible way to end it especially at the top of the order with a guy in scoring position. Don't know if any of you guys noticed but i saw Manu Lecomte and some b ball players walk into the game in the background on my espn 3 stream . I have found this article very exciting. Do you have any others on this topic? I am also sending it to my friend to enjoy your writing style. Thanks. Bones Seasons 1-8 DVD Box Set Region 2 | The Batman - The Complete Animated Series | White Collar Seasons 1-4 DVD Box Set | Flashpoint Season 1-5 DVD Box Set

Keep your muckraking bulls--t to yourself. I have been as vocal about this program as anyone, but I can enjoy a good win. People like you only come here to start fights with other people. I am interested in this subject matter and would like to explore out some more information as my colleague need information on this topic. Do you have any other post on this? Cheers!Breaking Bad Seasons 1-6 DVD Box Set | That 70s Show Seasons 1-8 DVD Box Set | South Park Seasons 1-16 DVD Box Set | Burn Notice Seasons 1-6 DVD Box Set

What's going on here?

LOL

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back