Miami 5 Wake Forest 2 (F) - CANES WIN

Jaromir Jagr

Senior
Banned
Miami Top 1 - Got the leadoff runner on but no hits.
Wake Bottom 1 - Solo Home run

Miami Top 2 - three strikeouts
Wake Bottom 2 - One runner stranded

Miami Top 3 - Leadoff runner on, can't score him
Wake Bottom 3 - Home run, same guy

Miami Top 4 - Three up, three down
Wake Bottom 4 - Threatened, but some nice defense

Miami Top 5 - Little threat, no clutch hits
Wake Bottom 5 - Kept Fairchild from hitting one out

Miami Top 6 - LMAO. Leadoff walk followed by a three pitch strikeout and a double play
But STAY POSITIVE!!! (is that how you do it, txcane?)
Wake Bottom 6 - Two walks, no runs

Miami Top 7 - Michelangeli solo home run
Wake Bottom 7 - Veliz doing his best to walk anyone and everyone...got out of it with a strikeout

Miami Top 8 - Run-scoring double ties it up, wild pitch gives Canes the lead
Wake Bottom 8 - Big threat with some walks, but no runs

Miami Top 9 - HUGE two-run double by Ruiz
Wake Bottom 9 - HOLY COW!!!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
That's good. What happens after Wake doesn't matter. This is the 7th game of the world series for Miami (FL). Win and advance.

Agree with tcgrad. Hopefully they aren't saving anyone for Saturday. Use the whole staff if you have to.

This is great news overall, but sucks because I had made plans to leave work early today and catch the game. I'll work all **** weekend though if it means we pull out a win against Wake. Just win, baby.

Advertisement
This is great news overall, but sucks because I had made plans to leave work early today and catch the game. I'll work all **** weekend though if it means we pull out a win against Wake. Just win, baby.

Yes. This weather situation is highly disruptive to my plans to do nearly zero work this afternoon watching baseball.

Yes. This weather situation is highly disruptive to my plans to do nearly zero work this afternoon watching baseball.

Man, if that ain't the truth. I set my work schedule around a trainee that was out of office today so I could slip out a couple of hours early and watch the game. Must be a sign?!

Cabezas is the only reliable guy in that bullpen so this is yuge.

Advertisement
******* Wake is getting 2-hit through 7 innings right now....their bats will probably come to life tomorrow against us....

What exactly is the tiebreaker in this 4-pool format?

Tie-breaker within the pool is that the highest seed automatically advances. So this game literally means nothing for Wake. They only have to beat us to move on.

Advertisement
U1988 -

Wake "sand-bagged" the game. Starter had a ~5 ERA and one of the middle-relievers that they utilized had a ~6 ERA.

They also did not announce a starter until today. We will see their best tomorrow and they will see "ours". Only problem is that Cabezas will not be able to pitch. Next year, the ACC needs to do something so that these meaningless games do not occur.

Hopefully they use Veliz in the pen tomorrow, if necessary, instead of saving him for a third game that may not happen.

That's something to ponder....they could tab Midtown or Lepore to start the next game.

Exactly. The third game isn't going to make or break anything. Like tc said, it's tomorrow only.

You guys are a lot more confident than I am that two wins will do it - what is your basis for the confidence that 2 - 1 is enough?

We finished the season as the #6 ACC seed. If we make the semifinals, and they do not allow us in, they cannot turn around and allow a lower seeded ACC team into the field. They will not limit the field to 5 ACC teams (just my opinion).

Advertisement
The final win against Virginia Tech was key. Losing that game drops us down to 7th or 8th (do not remember). That was big.

Hopefully they use Veliz in the pen tomorrow, if necessary, instead of saving him for a third game that may not happen.

That's something to ponder....they could tab Midtown or Lepore to start the next game.

Exactly. The third game isn't going to make or break anything. Like tc said, it's tomorrow only.

You guys are a lot more confident than I am that two wins will do it - what is your basis for the confidence that 2 - 1 is enough?

The committee has put a huge emphasis on conference finish in the past few years. 6th place should be good enough to get us in, but we need to solidify the RPI while adding an impressive win. The consensus seems to be that winning our pool is the thing to put us on the right side of the bubble.

Advertisement
Back