Miami #5, but #1? Really??

Advertisement
A noble endeavor, but ultimately quite flawed. The point system is arbitrary and there's no good reason to treat all Top247 players the same. I could go on and on, but suffice it to say the Development Rating is too simplistic to be useful.

To fairly access a successful development, 247Sports created a “Development Rating.” It's a measure that takes into account the total number of Top247 prospects a program had along with where/if those players were drafted (3 points for 1st rounders, 2 points for 2nd-3rd, 1 for 4th-7th), dividing the total number of prospects by the point total to create the rating. This removes any advantage created by a program’s ability to recruit an overwhelming number of Top247 players. It also rewards programs that produce more first- and second-day picks. The NFL often will draft late-round fliers on talent alone – think Kahlil McKenzie in the sixth round last year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
At least you guys weren't coached by McElwain

****, the guy had two 10 win seasons for you guys. Try having Al Golden attempt to turn your school into Penn State while fielding 90th ranked defenses and refusing to fire the DC because they are business partners/best friends.

Also didn't you have a small taste of Randy Shannon as your HC?

The only thing I choose to focus on here is that around 50% of Baga "blue chippers" aren't even getting drafted when that's the absolute minimum they're expecting/being sold when they sign there.

The last thing I wanted to read on CIS after a stat exam was a story on stat, but that study is retarded..... creating a coefficient based on multiplying 3rd party facts by their own ranking creates an inherent bias in the study’s data

Advertisement
Really don’t care what some obsequious **** hanging around these boards thinks.

Did the Germans sit down with us for dinner before Pearl Harbor.

Fūck no.

Advertisement
Uf is #1 because they dont kick good players out of school,including coaches who bum sharks and threaten to kills gfs

Advertisement
Back