Miami (+5.5) @ UVA 2/5 7PM

Pretty much have to win it out or win the ACC tournament.

Injuries haven’t helped but this team is a disappointment. Really does remind me of Lykes last year here.

Advertisement
OK. You obviously are not getting my point. This is not a knock on Coach L at all. He is great. He has done unimaginable things for our basketball program. He is one of the best to ever do it. I don't think it is "crap" to think that he would walk away from what college athletics has become at his age. Could you blame him for following Nick Saben and Jay Wrights footsteps?
Jay Right didn't leave college basketball because of NIL. He had been thinking about retiring a few years before NIL. He said he lost his motivation and said it was becoming harder to coach because of it.

Saban left because Bama no longer had the advantage of street bag money, so the talent is getting spread around. He complained for the past 2 seq
Asons of thst schools were "buying" players domething he had done for over a decade. He even tried to call out Jimbo. Jimbo wasn't haven't it and threatened to tell everyone where thr bodies were buried as Jimbo was on Saban's staff during his career. Funny how the NCAA is investigating Florida and Tennessee, but not Alabama, Georgia, and TAMU.

Mario has recruited better trenches than both Saban and Kirby in the NIL era. NIL is slowly leveling the playing field.

The issue with the players isn't NIL in itself. The transfer portal is the conduit that's fueling the movement and players have a feeling of entitlement because they can leave and get what they want elsewhere.

Imagine if the NBA had this type of free agency. One that allows the players to break their contact one time and go anywhere and if they've been in the league 4 years or more (graduate transfer), they have unlimited movement. That's what the transfer rules have created in college athletics.

So L retires and our best recruiting class in program history runs for the exits. Yup, sounds like that's best for everyone. LOL. Our fanbase is literally filled with dolts.
Yeah, when things go to S**t, it’s always the old guys fault. They’re out of touch, lost their mojo, can’t communicate with the new breed of player. F**k that BS. The game is the game , dribble shoot, rebound and play defense. Sorry mommy’s not here to spoon feed y’all or change y’all’s diapey. For a guy that’s has one foot in the grave and the other out the door, he sure as S**t recruited the F**k outta that last class. Stop making up excuses for kids that need to be stimulated every 5 seconds and motivated to do what’s asked of them. Accountability and responsibility is not only for Coach. It falls on every team member. Always has always will. Anything else is made up Bull***t excuses. Nuff said.

Yeah, when things go to S**t, it’s always the old guys fault. They’re out of touch, lost their mojo, can’t communicate with the new breed of player. F**k that BS. The game is the game , dribble shoot, rebound and play defense. Sorry mommy’s not here to spoon feed y’all or change y’all’s diapey. For a guy that’s has one foot in the grave and the other out the door, he sure as S**t recruited the F**k outta that last class. Stop making up excuses for kids that need to be stimulated every 5 seconds and motivated to do what’s asked of them. Accountability and responsibility is not only for Coach. It falls on every team member. Always has always will. Anything else is made up Bull***t excuses. Nuff said.

Agreed. Players and coaches are at fault for what we've been seeing this season.

My biggest qualm with the team this season has been the offense. Poor shot selection. Don't value possessions. Selfish. Most of that falls on the players. With that said, I think our coaches have to do a bettor job of scheming the offense around the players on the team. Our offense isn't a very good one unless we're hitting 3's or getting into transition. We're terrible in the half court game. Much of what we're running comes off our weave motion offense. It's great when you've got good decision makers and guys that can take advantage of the mismatches. Wong and Miller were able to do it a lot last season. Problem is this year we don't have many options who can do it consistently. Pack doesn't have the explosiveness or quickness to do it at a consistent level. Wooga's ball-handling has been well documented here. George isn't ready to carry that load. Would love to see our guards get some stampede actions going down hill or Iverson cuts where they can come off of sweeps and get to the rim. Maybe get some 1-4 high post actions for Cleveland or Wooga on smaller defenders. I think Coach L over estimated this team. Looks to me like he thought he could roll out the same offense and expect the same production. Accountability and responsibility should be shared by both the coaches (specifically the HC) and the players.

Advertisement
Back