Miami (+3) @ NC St on ESPN2 1/30 Tues 9PM

Advertisement
Miami doesn't have a lack of depth issue.
Miami has a coach that doesn't play his players issue.
The "lack of depth" issue was created by Coach L and his decision to play Small Ball with only 7 guys.
Because Casey and Watson would have helped? The entire roster sans a handful of players are garbage.

I will say this, there wasn't a lack of effort tonight. That said, they couldn't overcome being down Cleveland and Wooga being dreadful as well. I think L has found something in Djobet, and even Nwoko was competent tonight. Life goes on. You can see the flashes, but the consistency just isn't there. Maybe it's injuries, maybe it's the fact that Miller and Wong brought something that is missing from this year's team, but this team just isn't able to get over the hump on a consistent basis.
Effort was there but a lot of dumb decisions and Pack fatigue probably played a factor in missing 2 of 3 free throws at the end there. He and Omier did everything possible to keep them in it.

Advertisement
Genuinely asking, is there any chance we make the tournament at this point (without having to win the ACC tournament or anything crazy)?
Would you really want them to? This team has regressed. We can't do the little things this year. We've been unlucky with injuries. Players have regressed.

I suppose one positive is that no one should consider going pro next year. Except maybe Norchad.

So many close losses that could have easily been wins this year. Frustrating how many of these have gone the wrong way

Ehhhh… we’re not built to win close games this year. This team has the potential to run away on teams and dominate games but the depth makes that tough and we just don’t have a guy who can create his own shot consistently.

Would you really want them to? This team has regressed. We can't do the little things this year. We've been unlucky with injuries. Players have regressed.

I suppose one positive is that no one should consider going pro next year. Except maybe Norchad.
Can’t disagree with any of that.

Advertisement
Miami doesn't have a lack of depth issue.
Miami has a coach that doesn't play his players issue.
The "lack of depth" issue was created by Coach L and his decision to play Small Ball with only 7 guys.
Who do you think should play? Think we should play Casey? How about Nwoko when he was terrible in nonconference play? Amazing how George stayed in the rotation and new guys like Djobet are coming online, but L is just keeping the second coming of Jordan and Shaq on the bench out of sheer spite. No competent coach keeps talent on the bench just because.

Advertisement
I pray there's major turnover on the roster this summer. Enough Bensley. Casey and Watson and kick rocks. Find a suitable stretch big next to Omier and another to come off the bench. Convince Pack to stay and play with Bethea.

Yeah, I disagree. They've been playing like this all game, that's the problem.
Pack missing 2 free throws. He makes those and we are down 2 with 40 to go. Omier missing bunnies. Also impacts defense.

Poplar was miserable. Joseph remains miserable and his defense hasn't been very good. Poplar on defense is a liability.

YEAH I'd still want them to. You never know once you're in. This team could go on a run if they were all healthy and got their act together.

Advertisement
Injuries have had a material impact on this team, there’s no debating that. It’s still a disappointment but our best 4 players have all missed games, practices, etc.

We have not looked like a cohesive unit since the middle of the first half at Kentucky haha

Genuinely asking, is there any chance we make the tournament at this point (without having to win the ACC tournament or anything crazy)?

Well, unless we go on a an incredible run to finish the year, which I don’t see happening, we’re probably not a tourney team this year.

I think the team was really expecting more from Wooga, Pack and even Cleveland for that matter.

Replacing players like Miller and Wong is no easy task. Those cats were special and we’re obviously missing them. Especially Miller!

Buckle up because it’s going to be a wild and bumpy ride the rest of the way!!

I hope they put it together before the end of the season and finish on a more positive note, even if they don't make postseason. For as frustrating as this season has been, I'd hate to see everyone transfer out and leave us a ton of spots to fill because history tells us we will struggle to fill them all.

We might lose our next 6 games. Vtech VA UnC Duke Clemson in that mix. Wow. We're toast. Lost all the games we should have won and now will have to win all the games we should lose. Seasons over barring some miraculous run.

Advertisement
Back