Miami 20th In Final AP Poll

Advertisement
They beat an "sec" team mainly that **** n!gga muschamp they deserve it but strong will be using that on recruiting as well

Yo, while everyone is talking about FIU and FAU I like what USF is doing. 11-2 this year. This program is clearly on the rise. I predict a major bowl for them next year and a playoff spot!

Who cares? This is a Canes message board. Everybody should be rooting for them to crash and burn, not succeed.

I disagree. I root for all of the Florida school to be successful just as long as it is not against UM. Why? If you think back when FSU, FL and MIA were all strong almost every kid that had an ounce of talent wanted to go to one of those schools. When all Florida programs are strong most kids choose a college within the state. Which also means that less talent leaves and improve other schools across the country and taking that same talent and beating us with it which is a shame.

If you don't root for FSU, UF, and the little sister schools in the state to fail, you sir, are a witless ****splat.

Advertisement
Why should I root for a non-FL team to beat a FL team? I respect every Florida athlete that stay loyal to the state if they don't choose Miami. I think the biggest traitors are people who root for teams to beat Florida schools, failing to understand that non-FL schools success will hurt recruiting.

Last edited:
Why should I root for a non-FL team to beat a FL team? I respect every Florida athlete that stay loyal to the state if they don't choose Miami. I think the biggest traitors are people who root for teams to be Florida schools, failing to understand that non-FL schools success will hurt recruiting.

are you a miami fan or just a fan of anybody who played high school ball in florida?

I didn't think they would vote us this high. I'm glad to see that the bowl performance made such an impression. Dumb that both USF and WV are in front of us. WV because we manhandled them and were obviously the better team. And USF didn't beat ANYBODY. The only teams they beat that had a winning record were Navy and Memphis, who put together got a combined 1 AP vote. They couldn't have had an easier schedule, so only losing 2 games means diddly squat.

Just another example refuting the never-ending nonsense on here that the media are biased against UM.

it is inexplicable for WV to be ranked ahead of us after we took them apart. everything else can be argued but WV is astounding.

I agree that we should be ahead of WVa, but it is not uncommon for a team with fewer losses to be ranked higher than a team they lost to.

Look at the top of the poll. OSU beat OU, but OU is ranked ahead of them, despite having the same record. I realize Clemson dismantled OSU, but the point still stands that this often happens.

Advertisement
Why should I root for a non-FL team to beat a FL team? I respect every Florida athlete that stay loyal to the state if they don't choose Miami. I think the biggest traitors are people who root for teams to be Florida schools, failing to understand that non-FL schools success will hurt recruiting.

are you a miami fan or just a fan of anybody who played high school ball in florida?

Both. That is why I respect the caliber of player that we allow to leave the state. Now we, the U can't quit figure out why these kids want to leave the state of FL, **** they wouldn't if these other schools outside FL sucked.

Rankings are a ******* joke.

San Diego State is ranked #25 in both final polls.

They lost to
SOUTH ALABAMA (6-7)
WYOMING (8-6)
& COLORADO ST (7-6)

You mean to tell me that you can lose to those three teams and be considered one of the top 25 teams in America? GTFOH

Mark Schlabach has us pre season # 16 next year. Has Alabama 1 and fsux 2 but fsu will drop after week 1 because Alabama is going to be ****ed. We really have to beat fsux next year to begin the rise. It scares me to think what that Alabama defense would have done to our OL last night. Until we beat fsu, we will not begin our rise to try to become on the level of Alabama.
Honestly I dont think we're that far off...Looking back at October, with a slightly better QB and coaching, at the worst we still lose to VT and go 11-1. Put Dalvin Cook on our 2016 team and boom, we probably roll them and every other team on our schedule. Put a playmaker like Deshaun Watson on our 2016 team, we don't have that skid in October and we probably end up in the playoff. How many drives could've easily been saved with Watson scrambling, instead we're stuck with Kaaya sacking himself.

I don't think we actually need to be loaded with 4 and 5 stars like Bama is to beat them. We can't and probably won't beat their recruiting as long as Saban is there, idk. But Clemson showed that you don't have to be stacked like that to win. Outside of Watson, is Clemson's depth chart really that much better than ours ? Their coaching is for sure. But I think with as good as our defense is, if we had a solid offensive line and coaching as good as those two teams get, i think could hang with them better than people on here think. If Kaaya had chosen to stay and we did some work with our o-line, i don't think getting in the playoff would be farfetched at all, especially with our schedule and the fact that we'll actually start the season ranked.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yo, while everyone is talking about FIU and FAU I like what USF is doing. 11-2 this year. This program is clearly on the rise. I predict a major bowl for them next year and a playoff spot!

What was the score when they played FSU? Was it a close, hard fought battle, like ours was with them? They are not on the rise. They beat no team that had a pulse.

What was the score when they played FSU? Was it a close, hard fought battle, like ours was with them? They are not on the rise. They beat no team that had a pulse.

11-2. New Home Stadium. State Money. Boosters. 17 Returning Starters. Strong will win 11 games out the gate and will lockdown Bay Area to Naples after that!!!

[video=youtube;5TZs2rBpMlo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TZs2rBpMlo[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
Mark Schlabach has us pre season # 16 next year. Has Alabama 1 and fsux 2 but fsu will drop after week 1 because Alabama is going to be ****ed. We really have to beat fsux next year to begin the rise. It scares me to think what that Alabama defense would have done to our OL last night. Until we beat fsu, we will not begin our rise to try to become on the level of Alabama.
Honestly I dont think we're that far off...Looking back at October, with a slightly better QB and coaching, at the worst we still lose to VT and go 11-1. Put Dalvin Cook on our 2016 team and boom, we probably roll them and every other team on our schedule. Put a playmaker like Deshaun Watson on our 2016 team, we don't have that skid in October and we probably end up in the playoff. How many drives could've easily been saved with Watson scrambling, instead we're stuck with Kaaya sacking himself.

I don't think we actually need to be loaded with 4 and 5 stars like Bama is to beat them. We can't and probably won't beat their recruiting as long as Saban is there, idk. But Clemson showed that you don't have to be stacked like that to win. Outside of Watson, is Clemson's depth chart really that much better than ours ? Their coaching is for sure. But I think with as good as our defense is, if we had a solid offensive line and coaching as good as those two teams get, i think could hang with them better than people on here think. If Kaaya had chosen to stay and we did some work with our o-line, i don't think getting in the playoff would be farfetched at all, especially with our schedule and the fact that we'll actually start the season ranked.

I agree - Cook keeps his commitment and stays with Miami - we play Clemson in ACC title game

I think there's only a handful of teams who would beat us now if we played. We went out playing our best football. When was the last time we could say that. I give Richt a passing grade on year 1. October is obviously a kick in our ball bag & won't cut it in year two but at least we went down swinging.

I think we have the POTENTIAL to beat most teams in the top 25 and yes we did go out playing as good as we did all year but this years team still had too many weakness to make bold claims. The main problem being our inability to run effectively .

How is it we weren't able to run on WV while most other teams did.

350 total yds vs WV while most other teams lit them up.

We suffered from a weak OL and a QB with zero scrambling ability or as the pro scouts would say "crippling mobility issues"

Will take top 20 in a heart beat. Long way to go, but saying we were top 20 helps a little when we are in a living room trying to get player.

Advertisement
Back