Miami 2018 passing game

Advertisement
We haven't had over 260 yds passing in 18 straight games.

The only ACC teams that didn't have a QB throw for 300 yds in a game this year are Miami & GT.

There's no excuse for that

It's know as the Right effect.

And all the mork from ork nut sack worshipers will have you believe he's magically going to morph into this NC caliber coach.

And he won't change a thing with the program.

Insane.

We’ve left 100+ yards of passing yards a game on the field via drops and overthrows alone.

Homer and Wiggins left about 150 against VT, Cagers WTF don’t turn around seam route and another half dozen drops totaled more than that.

Advertisement
Remember when you all thought Kaaya sucked?

No sane fan could look at Kaaya's 2016 numbers and say he sucked. That kind of production this year likely makes us a 1-loss team, with relative ease. 3500+ yards and 62% completion rate. We'd kill for that right now.

The guy should have stayed around for his senior year. Team would be in a better place right now if he had.

Talent to production ratio, it’s not even close.
x1000

That’s why I don’t get how Manny doesn’t say something to Richt.

“Hey boss, you might wanna try using some motion or a different play besides all verticals, our GA’s are even predicting what you are gonna run based on scouting”

These stats make me want to vomit. Completely unacceptable in this day and age of college football.

How this team, with this schedule, with this defense, could be 7-5 is completely Grohldenesque. Pathetic.

The worst thing is I have no sense that anything is going to change....which is again, Grohldenesque.

We're stuck in this rut of **** and can't get out. First we have an offense and can't stop anybody, now we have an ELITE defense with playmakers everywhere and we can't score!

This is Miami - it shouldn't be this hard! ****!

No sane fan could look at Kaaya's 2016 numbers and say he sucked. That kind of production this year likely makes us a 1-loss team, with relative ease. 3500+ yards and 62% completion rate. We'd kill for that right now.

The guy should have stayed around for his senior year. Team would be in a better place right now if he had.
Kaaya was the victim of an offense that didn’t match his skill set. After that 4game losing streak tho he and mork kinda got it together

Advertisement
The passing game died the moment Richt put Malik back in vs UVA, it was a teaching moment for Perry, calm Perry down give him some rhythm easy plays to make, but nope Richt panicked and put Rosier back in the game, you have to give Perry confidence throws, that's exactly what Mullen does for Franks who is garbage

If Kaaya had an ounce of mobility...

playcalling is overrated imo. The real problem is play design and poor qb coaching

It's like a pitcher's sequence in baseball.
You call some plays to set up others.

Still waiting to see what play is set up off of the inside hand-off to Homer.

What happened to it? I’ve never seen a year this bad in terms of passing yards at miami. It’s not like we weren’t throwing the ball a lot as we have a good amount attempts in most games it’s just that the production wasn’t there. Yikes...

View attachment 70071
View attachment 70072

For comparison sake
2016 Brad kaaya 62% 3500 passing yards 27 passing tds 7 ints 1 rushing td

2017 malik Rosier 54% 3120 passing yards 26 tds 14 ints 470 rushing yards 5 rushing tds

And for the record the previous 2 years 2016 and 2017 by the qbs was the best qb play overall by Miami qbs in a long time since easily Berlin looking at the totality of things. So it’s perplexing to me why things were so terrible this year

2018 (Perry and rosier ) combined 51% 2096 passing yards 19tds 10 ints 368 rushing yards
7 rushing tds

8 out of 12 games under 175 yards passing? **** even 1 game(1st game of the season by the way against the toughest opponent) over 225 yards passing all season long? Wtf.... That’s pathetic and you can’t win big time football with those type of numbers

Perry May have some tools but count me in on the Jarren Williams train for 2019, can’t go through another season like this and richt needs to relinquish his play calling duties immediately and hire an offensive coordinator

Your opinion seems to move with the tide..... Time to stand on your own two feet young man.

Everyone complained that he was too slow to play behind our poor offensive line. Yeah, well we've got all kinds of guys who can run now, how's that working out for the offense?

Advertisement
We haven't had over 260 yds passing in 18 straight games.

The only ACC teams that didn't have a QB throw for 300 yds in a game this year are Miami & GT.

There's no excuse for that
Says a lot especially considering GT is basically running the wishbone.

Advertisement
8. QBs lack High level D1 QB acumen. (Williams remains to be seen)

Naw; I’m blaming it on development. These boys are not being groomed properly. Now, we know Rosier had no business being a QB here, in general, but even w that said, he got the short end of the coaching stick.

Again, I’ll say this: Prior to Richt & Richt, Kaaya was considered by majority of draft experts as a 1st/2nd round prospect. After Richt & Richt, Kaaya’s draft stock plummeted. I don’t think that’s a coincidence especially seeing how god awful the passing game has been.

I’ve read this opinion a lot lately … I just completely disagree.

Yes, Kosi can make throws that Malik just can’t make (on Malik’s best day…), but that doesn’t necessarily mean Kosi wins those games. Kosi was lost and Richt was trying to win, not teach. I don’t have a problem with that.

Perry was going to “fail” because he wasn’t coached to succeed, just like Rosier. Was Franks operating off of all vertical routes? No real motion to scheme guys open? Predictable play calling? 6 plays?

It wouldn’t have mattered who the QB was (Miami failed to score 20 points in 3 losses in 2016, then lost to an 8 loss team with Kaaya throwing for 3600 yards). By putting Miami’s failures on Rosier or Perry or even ST’s (and, yes, even Jon Richt) it takes away from the horrible job that Mark Richt has done with the offensive scheme and play calling.
So what do you disagree with?

That the passing game died when Richt put Malik back in; the passing game died when Richt made no changes to an offense DCs had dead to rights. Perry wasn’t going to change the result; the last two games are evidence of that.

Rosier was not the problem, and Perry wasn’t the savior and may not be the answer; Richt is the problem.
I got you now

Advertisement
Back