Miami 2018 passing game

brock

All-American
What happened to it? I’ve never seen a year this bad in terms of passing yards at miami. It’s not like we weren’t throwing the ball a lot as we have a good amount attempts in most games it’s just that the production wasn’t there. Yikes...

F83F80E8-B049-46D4-8474-715CD04815E7.jpeg

9FE35EFF-7EE7-4A91-B1E0-19195CAF5751.jpeg

For comparison sake
2016 Brad kaaya 62% 3500 passing yards 27 passing tds 7 ints 1 rushing td

2017 malik Rosier 54% 3120 passing yards 26 tds 14 ints 470 rushing yards 5 rushing tds

And for the record the previous 2 years 2016 and 2017 by the qbs was the best qb play overall by Miami qbs in a long time since easily Berlin looking at the totality of things. So it’s perplexing to me why things were so terrible this year

2018 (Perry and rosier ) combined 51% 2096 passing yards 19tds 10 ints 368 rushing yards
7 rushing tds

8 out of 12 games under 175 yards passing? **** even 1 game(1st game of the season by the way against the toughest opponent) over 225 yards passing all season long? Wtf.... That’s pathetic and you can’t win big time football with those type of numbers

Perry May have some tools but count me in on the Jarren Williams train for 2019, can’t go through another season like this and richt needs to relinquish his play calling duties immediately and hire an offensive coordinator

Last edited:
Advertisement
Multiple problems:

1. Qbs are extremely inaccurate (Rosier isn’t a D1 QB to begin with)
2. WR drops didn’t help
3. Poor OL play most of the year
4. System sucks
5. Play calling sucks
6. There is no one on staff capable of fixing said issues. Mork won’t fire anyone.
7. With how our staff is set up offensively with Hc calling plays, the right hand man (QB coach) should be an experienced offensive guy to help game plan and design. Lil Richt provides nothing. Dugans and Brown are yes men although I think they are good position coaches.

Advertisement
Having a kid who is a redshirt freshman (and needing every rep he can get) being yo-yo'd back and forth as the starter and backup and having his practice reps yo-yo'd as such as well in favor of a kid who may as well be a quadriplegic was beyond criminal.

He certainly wasn't great, and at times wasn't even good, but if Kosi starts Week 2 as he should have and Rosier never plays a snap after LSU, this team is at worst 10-2.

Richt failed this team immensely with the way he handled this situation.

playcalling is overrated imo. The real problem is play design and poor qb coaching
It actually isn’t, just because play design and qb coaching is terrible doesn’t mean the playcalling isn’t horrid as well. Richt has no feel for the game and run the same predictable sh*t in every situation which in turns make the players look bad in particular the olineman in situations you know aren’t their strengths yet he keeps forcing things regardless like he always do.

What happened to it? I’ve never seen a year this bad in terms of passing yards at miami. It’s not like we weren’t throwing the ball a lot as we have a good amount attempts in most games it’s just that the production wasn’t there. Yikes...

View attachment 70071
View attachment 70072

For comparison sake
2016 Brad kaaya 62% 3500 passing yards 27 passing tds 7 ints 1 rushing td

2017 malik Rosier 54% 3120 passing yards 26 tds 14 ints 470 rushing yards 5 rushing tds

And for the record the previous 2 years 2016 and 2017 by the qbs was the best qb play overall by Miami qbs in a long time since easily Berlin looking at the totality of things. So it’s perplexing to me why things were so terrible this year

2018 (Perry and rosier ) combined 51% 2096 passing yards 19tds 10 ints 368 rushing yards
7 rushing tds
8 out of 12 games under 175 yards passing? **** even 1 game(1st game of the season by the way against the toughest opponent) over 225 yards passing all season long? Wtf.... That’s pathetic and you can’t win big time football with those type of numbers

Perry May have some tools but count me in on the Jarren Williams train for 2019, can’t go through another season like this and richt needs to relinquish his play calling duties immediately and hire an offensive coordinator

Part of it was the switcharoo at QB. I think qbs didnt get comfortable as well as recievers.

Advertisement
It actually isn’t, just because play design and qb coaching is terrible doesn’t mean the playcalling isn’t horrid as well. Richt has no feel for the game and run the same predictable sh*t in every situation which in turns make the players look bad in particular the olineman in situations you know aren’t their strengths yet he keeps forcing things regardless like he always do.
@SigmundFriend

Advertisement
Advertisement
Multiple problems:

1. Qbs are extremely inaccurate (Rosier isn’t a D1 QB to begin with)
2. WR drops didn’t help
3. Poor OL play most of the year
4. System sucks
5. Play calling sucks
6. There is no one on staff capable of fixing said issues. Mork won’t fire anyone.
7. With how our staff is set up offensively with Hc calling plays, the right hand man (QB coach) should be an experienced offensive guy to help game plan and design. Lil Richt provides nothing. Dugans and Brown are yes men although I think they are good position coaches.
8. QBs lack High level D1 QB acumen. (Williams remains to be seen)

Advertisement
Back