Miami 2004 absolute First Round Draft record (6) at risk.. hope not

Based on that list of guys I'm more worried about Bama. LSU has no shot. If anyone takes that RB in round 1 they should be removed from their job.

idk man...I think this LSU team was so good their players are going to get a little overvalued by some. Lots of Late R1, R2 types on that list that winning teams might gravitate toward, especially at positions that tend to get late R1 runs like safety and cornerback. And while CEH is a little rich for a Late R1 pick, he's the type of "oh, that's weird" picks you'd see because he's a unique prospect. Playoff teams like adding to strengths or giving their strengths some unique looks and he is just the quirky types of picks a team late in R1 takes.

Jacksonville is a very interesting team @ pick 20 for CEH. They have unreported visits of their 30, but of their reported visits, they only have two first rounders reported - OT Andrew Thomas, Georgia and RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire. Now there is smoke to the Jaguars trying to move Leonard Fournette for anything not bolted to a wall...sounds weird, we'll see.

Advertisement
Cushenberry could go late first. Guy has a pterodactyl wingspan
gxFlhdWWppl4I.gif

idk man...I think this LSU team was so good their players are going to get a little overvalued by some. Lots of Late R1, R2 types on that list that winning teams might gravitate toward, especially at positions that tend to get late R1 runs like safety and cornerback. And while CEH is a little rich for a Late R1 pick, he's the type of "oh, that's weird" picks you'd see because he's a unique prospect. Playoff teams like adding to strengths or giving their strengths some unique looks and he is just the quirky types of picks a team late in R1 takes.

Jacksonville is a very interesting team @ pick 20 for CEH. They have unreported visits of their 30, but of their reported visits, they only have two first rounders reported - OT Andrew Thomas, Georgia and RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire. Now there is smoke to the Jaguars trying to move Leonard Fournette for anything not bolted to a wall...sounds weird, we'll see.
You would think they would have learned their lesson reaching for an RB from LSU to begin with.

Thought about playing that Bama bet for fun, but you have to account for the possibility of Diggs and maybe even Raekwon Davis going in the first.

Advertisement
Im surprised it hasnt been broken yet. Power in college football is so considerated there is no parody. Clemson, Bama, Ohio State, and Oklahoma will be in the playoffs. LSU was the exception last year.
When Miami broke in and upended college football it was not much different. NE, OU, Bama, PSU were Jan 1 teams all the time. We came along and were more like Bama -- kicking everyone rear with occasional slip ups. It was conference/big school control back then and is again. We destroyed the conferences but they regained control. If PSU, FSU and Miami and remained independent maybe it would have been different but the real delta was the TV law suit. Once NCAA lost control of TV contract we loss a major advantage -- that U dominated the TV screen because of our ratings and big time games against all comers. We hate NCAA put we owned TV under it rule.

Advertisement
Most consecutive years with at least one most likely at risk than this one. Bama will mostly likely pass us with the machine Saban built there.

yep i think that streak will go down
LSU is the one to watch out for. They could definitely do it.

I'd wager they break the record for most in first 45 or whatever. Add Damian Lewis at guard who is very good and a Day 2 guy.

you got it right!! glad they did not make it to 6.. their RB pick a surprise nevertheless

Last edited:
Advertisement
Another year where Bama has 7 or 8 guys going first day in mocks until the combine and workouts happen. I don’t think people truly understand how unreal 6 first rounders in a single year is. That’s almost 1/5 of the entire round. It might eventually get tied but idk if any school will ever get seven.
The same schools have been hoarding 5 stars for years and still cant touch it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back