Miami’s Recruiting Class (with transfers)...

Legendary1

Recruit
Banned
Any idea what Miami’s recruiting class would be ranked if the transfers are factored in (along with the other teams transfers as well to make it fair). Not asking someone to figure it out. Just wondering if there is a link to a site that already did it? I googled and couldn’t find one.

Advertisement
Any idea what Miami’s recruiting class would be ranked if the transfers are factored in (along with the other teams transfers as well to make it fair). Not asking someone to figure it out. Just wondering if there is a link to a site that already did it? I googled and couldn’t find one.

Who cares?

Advertisement
Advertisement
There were a series of threads that did the math for this on the recruiting board. I came up with a methodology to get Miami's adjusted 247 score then another user took it and ran the numbers for all teams in the top 25 getting their transfers.

It's not an exact science, but we would be somewhere around mid-teens, iirc.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input. Assuming low to mid teens is correct, not bad at all considering.
I only asked because a gator I know kept throwing it in my face that we finished 28. I brought up the transfers but really couldn’t even try and give a guess where that put us.

Advertisement
Found it.

Here's my original thread:

and @roly2324 really came through with the leg work on adjusting everyone in the top 29

Advertisement
Mid-teen’s sounds about right, after adjustments are made for all of the transfers. Where we will see the lift this season should be in the win column especially with the veteran leadership poised to make critical starts for us while we gain experience in the secondary and at the backup LB spots which should pay big dividends for 2020. If we can keep our class ranking as high as it is currently, or remain in the Top 10, then this move by Diaz will be looked back at as a brilliant move to gain leadership and production on the field for a team that’s relatively young.

If anyone REALLY wants to know without a doubt @RVACane can probably get Stampenis to commission the Gaytor math calculator geniuses over on the UFag board to crunch the numbers. I'm sure they could use the distraction from what is going on over there.

Advertisement
Back