Miami’s FG Problems

CanesNY26

Freshman
The offense is improving but we’re still not good in the red zone so that being said our kicking game needs to improve dramatically moving forward.

Does anyone know what’s being done to bring in a new kicker for next season whether it be a freshman or JUCO transfer?

Advertisement
As I indicated in an earlier post, after the Florida game, I sent Manny a letter telling him about the kicker in our local high school. He has kicked four field goals beyond 50 yds this year, but I never heard back from Manny nor anyone on his staff. Who knows......

Thought we had a kid named boreeigolos ( spelling) coming in next year. Looks pretty solid

Advertisement
We just started spinning the ball for our kickers so that's a huge help.

The FSU game is genuinely the first game I've noticed where we spun the ball every FG try.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Emailed Manny about the laces not consistently being out a few weeks back. And now miraculously they're out.

Keep Price as the place kicker. He just needs game reps...like a lot of our young talent.

Advertisement
As I indicated in an earlier post, after the Florida game, I sent Manny a letter telling him about the kicker in our local high school. He has kicked four field goals beyond 50 yds this year, but I never heard back from Manny nor anyone on his staff. Who knows......

You keep bringing this up. We have the #1 kicker in the country committed for 2021. He is a member of this board and a diehard Hurricane fan.

We will bring in a grad transfer for one year to transition.

LSU did that last year bringing in some kid from a tiny school and he lit it up for the year he was there. Side note: the kids parents sat right behind me at the UM/LSU game and I had to hear them scream their asses off every time he made an XP let alone a FG.

They aren't bringing in a Freshman kicker to then be replaced by a Freshman AA #1 rated kicker the next year.

Perfect scenario will be a grad transfer for next year and then the 2021 kicker from high school is legit the best in the country.

Advertisement
Back