Miami’s FG Problems

Advertisement
We just started spinning the ball for our kickers so that's a huge help.

The FSU game is genuinely the first game I've noticed where we spun the ball every FG try.
Wait seriously?? Our holders only just started turning the laces out? They teach you to do that when you’re playing pop warner. We need a new special teams coach.

We got three games left ... go over to the women's soccer team a pick up a kicker. She can't be any worse than the **** we have on the team.

You keep bringing this up. We have the #1 kicker in the country committed for 2021. He is a member of this board and a diehard Hurricane fan.

We will bring in a grad transfer for one year to transition.

LSU did that last year bringing in some kid from a tiny school and he lit it up for the year he was there. Side note: the kids parents sat right behind me at the UM/LSU game and I had to hear them scream their asses off every time he made an XP let alone a FG.

They aren't bringing in a Freshman kicker to then be replaced by a Freshman AA #1 rated kicker the next year.
Lol thought we stacking chips. Not like we don't have scholarships available. One thing I always question is kickers. You never know how they will transition from kicking in high school to college. I do hope he is the real deal, but it wouldn't hurt to have an insurance policy.

Advertisement
Emailed Manny about the laces not consistently being out a few weeks back. And now miraculously they're out.

Keep Price as the place kicker. He just needs game reps...like a lot of our young talent.
Price doesn't seem to have the leg for the longer kicks, so if we were in a situation where we had to go for a 45+, I'd send in Baxa because of his leg strength. But otherwise, definitely Price seems more accurate and confident, and he hasn't psychologically ruined himself yet like Baxa has.

Lol thought we stacking chips. Not like we don't have scholarships available. One thing I always question is kickers. You never know how they will transition from kicking in high school to college. I do hope he is the real deal, but it wouldn't hurt to have an insurance policy.

We are under the 85 limit but we are still prohibited from signing more than (essentially) 25 per class.

Its going to take a while to get back near 85 and certainly not filling those spots with extra kickers.

Advertisement
We are under the 85 limit but we are still prohibited from signing more than (essentially) 25 per class.

Its going to take a while to get back near 85 and certainly not filling those spots with extra kickers.
I can see the logic in that. I'm going to think we will have a full class. Do we know if we get a kicker from the portal if that will count against the 25?

I can see the logic in that. I'm going to think we will have a full class. Do we know if we get a kicker from the portal if that will count against the 25?

I think it does but at least its a one year rental and not a long term commitment while waiting for our 2021 kicker.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back