Coaching Miami’s 2022 football staff

Gaby new update on DE Coach:

-Here’s what I know on that situation. A few guys interviewed for the vacancy on Friday. One was Eastern Kentucky’s defensive line coach Jeremy Hawkins, who was an assistant director of player personnel at LSU in 2018 and also spent three years in personnel at UAB.

Another name I know interviewed was FAMU co-defensive coordinator Ryan Smith. He was a QC at Alabama in 2015 I believe. He also spent time on Florida’s staff in a personnel role.

The last name I heard that sat down with Crisotbal on Friday was FAU’s Kevin Patrick, who is a former UM All-American that won a pair of national titles at Miami. He coached up first rounders like Jason Pierre Paul at USF and Bradley Chubb at NC State.

I’m not certain those are the only names involved but they are a few who had a chance to present themselves essentially a week before spring practice starts.

I do think Kevin Patrick could be a strong candidate to potentially land the job but nothing I’ve heard has led to me to believe that’s finished yet. I’ve have also heard that this is a job Patrick has wanted for a long time because he truly loves the school. If he is offered the job I’d assume it would be tough to turn down.

Advertisement
Gaby new update on DE Coach:

-Here’s what I know on that situation. A few guys interviewed for the vacancy on Friday. One was Eastern Kentucky’s defensive line coach Jeremy Hawkins, who was an assistant director of player personnel at LSU in 2018 and also spent three years in personnel at UAB.

Another name I know interviewed was FAMU co-defensive coordinator Ryan Smith. He was a QC at Alabama in 2015 I believe. He also spent time on Florida’s staff in a personnel role.

The last name I heard that sat down with Crisotbal on Friday was FAU’s Kevin Patrick, who is a former UM All-American that won a pair of national titles at Miami. He coached up first rounders like Jason Pierre Paul at USF and Bradley Chubb at NC State.

I’m not certain those are the only names involved but they are a few who had a chance to present themselves essentially a week before spring practice starts.

I do think Kevin Patrick could be a strong candidate to potentially land the job but nothing I’ve heard has led to me to believe that’s finished yet. I’ve have also heard that this is a job Patrick has wanted for a long time because he truly loves the school. If he is offered the job I’d assume it would be tough to turn down.
If Patrick ends up here there’s some posters here that will absolutely lose their minds

Nutrition? What the **** was wrong with the oldtrition?
Dad Jokes GIF by Tim Poulton

Advertisement
If Patrick ends up here there’s some posters here that will absolutely lose their minds

Looks as if Ryan Smith worked with Mario's Oline at Alabama, so there is a good connection.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Lol at anyone who doesn't think KP would kill it here....

Im not saying KP would lay a Patke here. Just saying with Big Joe and Strong, I think it would make more sense to have a hungry young recruiter who can help both of them with recruiting.

But again, whoever Mario thinks is the best for this spot has my full support.

Im not saying KP would lay a Patke here. Just saying with Big Joe and Strong, I think it would make more sense to have a hungry young recruiter who can help both of them with recruiting.

But again, whoever Mario thinks is the best for this spot has my full support.
“Lay a patke here” might be my favorite phrase I’ve seen someone come up with on cis 🤣🤣🤣

Advertisement
Back