Coaching Miami’s 2022 football staff

Advertisement
He was hired to be off field from the beginning and was rumored to coach ST in that role. You don't really need a dedicated on field ST coach.
I may be mistaken but the reason I commented on this was because I thought Leeds had smith listed in that role on the list. Special teams is now blank on the list

I may be mistaken but the reason I commented on this was because I thought Leeds had smith listed in that role on the list. Special teams is now blank on the list
When I posted the other day about unofficial vs rumored, that space was blank. More than likely we will attach the ST role to another position coach but Smith will be handling the scheming and practicing.

I think they were listed as rumored.
They may have been out recruiting, now that the signing day has passed, back to off the field.

Just a guess.

Advertisement
@LeedsCane would love to know what happened with the CB coach if you have any insight or where we turn next from here.

Wondering if it has anything to do with Steele wanting to bring in his guys.

His guys? He's been out of coaching for a year. I'm not sure he has any of "his guys" waiting around for an opportunity.

I do think Mario is trying to find the right balance on how to divvy up responsibilities among 10 coaches. Do some coordinators double-up as position coaches? Who should cover special teams? Do you have the luxury of splitting up position groups, like CBs/Safeties?

His guys? He's been out of coaching for a year. I'm not sure he has any of "his guys" waiting around for an opportunity.

I do think Mario is trying to find the right balance on how to divvy up responsibilities among 10 coaches. Do some coordinators double-up as position coaches? Who should cover special teams? Do you have the luxury of splitting up position groups, like CBs/Safeties?
Lol i was going to respond in detail.. This is an absurdly hot take.

@LeedsCane would love to know what happened with the CB coach if you have any insight or where we turn next from here.

Wondering if it has anything to do with Steele wanting to bring in his guys.
It’s more that I just haven’t heard anything new regarding him so I removed AAR’s name from the list and cleaned it up a little given I don’t expect Co-OCs or DCs with Steele and most likely Golesh. I do have reason to believe new names will pop up today for position coaches and I am eager to see who they are.

It’s more that I just haven’t heard anything new regarding him so I removed AAR’s name from the list and cleaned it up a little given I don’t expect Co-OCs or DCs with Steele and most likely Golesh. I do have reason to believe new names will pop up today for position coaches and I am eager to see who they are.

I heard on a Miami podcast that the hold up with Steele which apparently started with Mario back in December was the issue of whether he would be paired with a co-dc. Steele wanted the dc title. Did you hear anything similar?

Advertisement
I heard on a Miami podcast that the hold up with Steele which apparently started with Mario back in December was the issue of whether he would be paired with a co-dc. Steele wanted the dc title. Did you hear anything similar?
Same was said about the OC. With BMAc gone, I wonder if that is still the thinking...

Advertisement
Was Belk the top choice or someone else?
Depends on when in the process you are inquiring about. The name at DC has changed a few times, including a Co-DC setup but to my knowledge no, he showed up after it became evident that Schumann was no longer in the running, @Cribby can obviously speak further to this. Also @Salt sorry for agreeing with that question, I reread it after what Cribby commented and I was like ‘wait, December? **** no, he was never in the conversation in December.’ I guess my brain just connected a delay with Belk and not Steele which did seem to have fallen through because of staff demands and his buyout. Steele happened very rapidly to my knowledge so I am sorry on that.

Coley removed and Field is now official?
Yeah, Coley got his promotion at A&M, whether it was directly or indirectly related to his interest in Miami is irrelevant, that ship sailed and Field *not* being the TEs coach at this point would be far more surprising so yeah, I was waiting for Coley’s decision because Coley could technically have been at QB or TE in addition to Co-OC. If you want, I can put rumoured on his LB position but it seemed like a forgone conclusion that he will be our LBs coach, that’s his area of expertise, yes?

Advertisement
That’s BS. Steele was not the top choice
Don’t doubt you have your sources on this. But Steele was not employed by any team prior to Maryland offering and I think due to his pedigree and connection with Mario at Bama it would have been a no brainer for Mario to reach out very early on in the process to gauge interest. I doubt he was added to the list late.

Don’t doubt you have your sources on this. But Steele was not employed by any team prior to Maryland offering and I think due to his pedigree and connection with Mario at Bama it would have been a no brainer for Mario to reach out very early on in the process to gauge interest. I doubt he was added to the list late.
Schuman was the guy, and he decided to stay. If you’ believe what you’re saying that means you’ believe Steele was the guy and he walked away because he didn’t want a co dc. That’s absolutely not true. Just like Candle and Briles being offered was Bs.

You’re free to believe what you want though.

Schuman was the guy, and he decided to stay. If you’ believe what you’re saying that means you’ believe Steele was the guy and he walked away because he didn’t want a co dc. That’s absolutely not true. Just like Candle and Briles being offered was Bs.

You’re free to believe what you want though.

So Schumann then Belk?

Wait, Candle didn’t have an offer?

Advertisement
Back