Coaching Miami’s 2022 football staff

Advertisement
If this is true then why is he being retained and why do recruits speak about him positively. Not sure how I feel one way or another on DVD. Maybe someone with more knowledge can speak on if he is a net positive or not for this program.
He is a net positive in a recruiting role, likely a neutral or slight negative as a coach.

The issue is when you recruit, and do not coach, your main job is essentially the fluffer. Tell the kids what they want to hear, befriend them, have fun with them, crack jokes. Once they get on campus, you can still just be friends but coaches need to crack the whip so there is a delicate balance in recruiting a kid, having to boost his head up, but still get respect for your then traditional rah rah coach getting on kids.

DVD had to do that with kids he recruited, they know he was never a DB coach, they saw him as a buddy, I think it was more a lack of respect as a coach. In a fluffer recruiting role, and dealing with parents, he is fine.

Advertisement
I know we have a WR Coach rn, but man, can we conjure up some spirits and get Keenan McCardell here to coach'em up?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
It bothers me that we have not made hires yet for both OC and DC. I thought this would have been the week. Are we now waiting for the end of the NFL season to see who might be available? If that is our first choice then will we be left with 2nd or 3rd if the 1st choice gets a better offer?

It bothers me that we have not made hires yet for both OC and DC. I thought this would have been the week. Are we now waiting for the end of the NFL season to see who might be available? If that is our first choice then will we be left with 2nd or 3rd if the 1st choice gets a better offer?
I'll be sure to pass your feedback along to Mario and apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Advertisement
Back