Official Message Board Geniuses

Advertisement
Facts

That’s why I don’t get super excited for four stars cause we have got the wrong four stars for ages. It was the left overs that the elites didn’t want and they let us and fsu/uf fight for transfer types. Those classes would be rated high but we all knew we rolled the dice with most. Our last coaches every time they would sign a class I would look who’s first round guaranteed…..and it’s usually no one. It feels like last class we landed some first rounders cause money talks. They have to do it this year and I fully expect them to land too heavy regardless of what happens this year. Although I think we will be much improved.

Edit: we would always use excuses that the kids were good cause fsu and jumbo were on them but fsu was already falling and we’re not recruiting at that same clip. The evals and everything were bad. People ask how do you know the evals are bad? (Dumb ax question but it gets asked by the frieds) Look at the proof in the present and that’s it.
We landed a ton of 4 stars over the years that absolutely did not jump off the screen in their highlights. That’s a big red flag. A kid like Pruitt this year (he’s a 4 star now but he was a 3) you take away the ranking and you’re like man that’s a baller. Like Kinsler last year maybe. You’re like how is this a 3 star?

The evals are looking better but we still need a couple of can’t miss guys like Trader/Jones/Riley/Lightfoot especially with how quickly kids leave now

We landed a ton of 4 stars over the years that absolutely did not jump off the screen in their highlights. That’s a big red flag. A kid like Pruitt this year (he’s a 4 star now but he was a 3) you take away the ranking and you’re like man that’s a baller. Like Kinsler last year maybe. You’re like how is this a 3 star?

The evals are looking better but we still need a couple of can’t miss guys like Trader/Jones/Riley/Lightfoot especially with how quickly kids leave now
The evals are a million times better. They are getting actual football players. I'm expecting some to flame out cause u can't hit on all of them that's impossible. But it looks way better and I think this season we will see the young guys take over the team.

The evals are a million times better. They are getting actual football players. I'm expecting some to flame out cause u can't hit on all of them that's impossible. But it looks way better and I think this season we will see the young guys take over the team.
It’ll be interesting especially with some high rated guys we are passing on (Capers for example)

We know the big schools still take 3 stars and they miss as well but once you get outside the top few spots in recruiting most classes look the same on paper so they evals get more important

We can’t have the total bust classes like we seem to have every other year

Let’s hope so….I’ve always hated the star system cause they’re given out by people that mostly have never seen a football field except from the stands.Is it better to get kids that are ranked higher? I guess and everyone loves to sign the 5* but schools like TCU and Utah and others have done a lot better than we have the last 20 years with all those ****** 2-3* with the occasional 4* they’re signing.

Evals are way more important IF the guys doing the evals know what they’re looking at.Hopefully Highsmith and Cristobal have a clue .

Advertisement
It’ll be interesting especially with some high rated guys we are passing on (Capers for example)

We know the big schools still take 3 stars and they miss as well but once you get outside the top few spots in recruiting most classes look the same on paper so they evals get more important

We can’t have the total bust classes like we seem to have every other year
I’m cool with the Capers choice I feel the same way the more I watched his film. If they got him it wouldn’t bother me but that don’t look like a real elite linebacker.

Let’s hope so….I’ve always hated the star system cause they’re given out by people that mostly have never seen a football field except from the stands.Is it better to get kids that are ranked higher? I guess and everyone loves to sign the 5* but schools like TCU and Utah and others have done a lot better than we have the last 20 years with all those ****** 2-3* with the occasional 4* they’re signing.

Evals are way more important IF the guys doing the evals know what they’re looking at.Hopefully Highsmith and Cristobal have a clue .
I do think people that have never played can be good at identifying talent. Or they can be good at explaining the game etc. Utah and TCU know what they are and won’t go big whale hunting. And who they fighting off usc? Them boys over there ain’t fighting tooth and nail for elites like the east coast. I agree evals are important be the sites have gotten way better. And I don’t care if they are late to the party (the sites) because of a UgA offer just get it right.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
WHEN DOES THE **** LOT OPEN
wedding crashers comedy GIF

The Blue Lot Brawler

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back