Men’s Basketball Question

brandanespinal

Banned
Banned
I’ve been having a hard time following all the new recruits and transfers basketball. A few weeks ago the team seemed destined for a rebuilding year. Where do we stand now? Do we have enough transfers to fill in gaps? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Team still needs more bigs, the backcourt should be the strong point of the team. I don't worry about scoring, but I worry about interior defense and rebounding. This team should be competitive, but if this team doesn't land a couple of competent bigs, they will not be as good as they could be.

Advertisement
This staff's inability to put together a halfway decent frontcourt is appalling. We had an entire offseason to upgrade our frontcourt and it might be somehow WORSE than last year's. We lost Brooks and didn't bring in anyone.

This staff's inability to put together a halfway decent frontcourt is appalling. We had an entire offseason to upgrade our frontcourt and it might be somehow WORSE than last year's. We lost Brooks and didn't bring in anyone.
It has been years since we had an ACC caliber front court. They deserve the lack of fan support at this point.

Advertisement
At least when we dropped hoops in the 70s, we didn’t have to watch loses. This year will be brutal AGAIN.

Advertisement
Say what you will about the frontcourt and lousy coaching but this will be the most experienced Miami team since at least 2013.
And I think we can get away with Waardenburg and Walker at center for stretches which offsets the lack of capable bigs.

Player / Games / Minutes
Moore 117 / 3095
McGusty 111 / 2853
J. Miller 69 / 2198
Wardo 83 / 1948
Wong 58 / 1613
Beverly 50 / 1166
Walker 51 / 995
R. Miller 65 / 851
Gak 40 / 549

Say what you will about the frontcourt and lousy coaching but this will be the most experienced Miami team since at least 2013.
And I think we can get away with Waardenburg and Walker at center for stretches which offsets the lack of capable bigs.

Player / Games / Minutes
Moore 117 / 3095
McGusty 111 / 2853
J. Miller 69 / 2198
Wardo 83 / 1948
Wong 58 / 1613
Beverly 50 / 1166
Walker 51 / 995
R. Miller 65 / 851
Gak 40 / 549
Crazy that this is Gak's 5th? year and he's played a total of 40 games
And it will be R Miller's 6th year and he's only played in 7 more games than Wong, who is only entering his 3rd year.

Experience does matter but it only goes so far. Talent is the name of the game and we severely lack it at the 4 and 5 spots. I agree that playing Sam and Walker up front gives us a more athleticism, but we'll get crushed inside and on the glass against any team with size and physicality. Walker is 210 pounds soaking wet, and Sam is just not physical enough to hold up against quality ACC bigs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back