Mel Kiper's too early 2021 draft

Advertisement
If Rousseau has another productive season like this past one, he will definitely be a top 5 pick. Rousseau is a legitimate rare tall DE. Rousseau must dominate. He can’t play like Garvin did, and expect to get drafted in the first round. He needs production on the field, and the canes need to win some games
manny wont get credit for finding him.

So u trying to say Lil Richt’s lack of QB coaching along w Richt’s playbook going away from Kaaya’s strengths didn’t hurt him? Every mock draft him as a 1st rounder until his Jr year happen, and he didn’t start cooking until Richt put him in the gun and let him slang it.
i dont think kaaya was mentally tough enough to play in NFL but richt didnt help him.
Richt also controlled who manny could offer on Defense. hes a good coach but theres a reason he never won big.

Advertisement
So u trying to say Lil Richt’s lack of QB coaching along w Richt’s playbook going away from Kaaya’s strengths didn’t hurt him? Every mock draft him as a 1st rounder until his Jr year happen, and he didn’t start cooking until Richt put him in the gun and let him slang it.
I’m saying that he wasn’t going to be a first round pick regardless. He was a statute in the pocket for starters.

He’d be an actual QB in the NFL still if he was any good

Advertisement
yeah, i stopped reading at this.

mond a first? Gtfooh.

he did not mention Tyson Campbell. That kid will be top half of first round.

Bro, Campbell HAS A LOT to prove. The dude played in only 7 games last year. He did have 1 FR and 1 TD but only 15 tackles. He's not ready either.

Advertisement
People still defending Kaaya after being drafted in the 6th round and trying to blame Richt are the best

dude wasn't an NFL quarterback

Stephen Morris was in the league twice as long

People still defending Kaaya after being drafted in the 6th round and trying to blame Richt are the best

I feel Kaaya had the arm talent and precision to be an NFL QB. The problem with Kaaya is that he never learned how to overcome his lack of athleticism. I feel Richt failed Kaaya in not identifying ways to mitigate this glaring weakness. Kaaya failed Kaaya by not making adjustments in his game. I will say this until I am blue in the face. Brady and Marino were two QB’s the weren’t athletic, however they honed their respective skills to ensure to mitigate their weaknesses. Both were very good at sliding & resetting in the pocket. Marino worked on his release. Brady constantly works on his awareness. If you take a P Manning who was also not athletic, his approach the the game was almost robotic. He made sure he knew all the nuances of not only the plays, but also personal he played with and against. Kaaya wasn’t doing things at this level to be great.

Morris made a bunch of money on practice squads and actually got screwed out of the backup job in Indy. It was the backup or 3rd string I believe.

Advertisement
I feel Kaaya had the arm talent and precision to be an NFL QB. The problem with Kaaya is that he never learned how to overcome his lack of athleticism. I feel Richt failed Kaaya in not identifying ways to mitigate this glaring weakness. Kaaya failed Kaaya by not making adjustments in his game. I will say this until I am blue in the face. Brady and Marino were two QB’s the weren’t athletic, however they honed their respective skills to ensure to mitigate their weaknesses. Both were very good at sliding & resetting in the pocket. Marino worked on his release. Brady constantly works on his awareness. If you take a P Manning who was also not athletic, his approach the the game was almost robotic. He made sure he knew all the nuances of not only the plays, but also personal he played with and against. Kaaya wasn’t doing things at this level to be great.

Richt did identify Kaaya's weaknesses, that's why Kaaya declared for the draft early.

Jon Richt didn’t prevent Kaaya from being an NFL QB. That was an athleticism issue.

But he’s a big reason Kaaya went pro too early. Both parties suffered as a result.

Bro, Campbell HAS A LOT to prove. The dude played in only 7 games last year. He did have 1 FR and 1 TD but only 15 tackles. He's not ready either.

if he shows this year and is a lockdown corner, he’s a top 5 pick

deriq king would need a kyler Murray type season to go number 1. And even then i doubt it. Not with Trevor Lawrence and justin fields in the mix.

Last year at this time, no one, not even Burrow or his people thought he'd go #1 in 2020. Not saying it's likely King will do that, but nothing wrong with hoping he does. Anything is possible. GO CANES!!!

Advertisement
Back