MEGA Mega Merged Stadium Thread.

Relly, I agree with 99% of your takes, but this one doesn't have that great legs IMO. Where was the OB mystique from 1958-1982? Do great teams make the stadium or do great stadiums make the team?

And Miami has never had its own stadium.

Can we really talk about the OB from 1958 - 1982 when we were barely a football team? The OB was our stadium b4 it was ever a stadium for The Dolphins. Come on bro, let’s keep it real. So now The Coliseum & Rose Bowl aren’t SC’s & UCLA’s stadium?

Advertisement
weve been trash even before moving to HRS. the downfall started when we were still in the OB.

i agree a stadium would be nice, but man, it is never happening anywhere near campus. at best, you get NW Miami Dade or Homestead IF its signed off on and the school decides to make a billion plus dollar investment into it which they wont. its not feasible to privately fund their own stadium and miami dade will never build one for the canes after the marlins. no one was even successful in getting entire public funding to even renovate something in the county since then. if you see where the STHers come from, youll see the county line area is actually the most reasonable location for all. miami dade isnt miami dade of the past. a lot of residents have moved out and more north as the area has priced out a lot of people. the new residents coming in dont care about the sports down here and they never will.

****, we closed out the OB getting blown the **** out by UVA 40 something to 0. stop using the staidum as a reason we suck. it has nothing to do with which rented house we live in for a day. it has everything to do with the AD, coaching, player development, and investment into the resources beyond a stadium. we got left behind as CFB changed when it became an arms race

F it, I removed 1983-1994, & just went from 1995-2007, since ‘95-99 & ‘04-07 were our most lean yrs:

57-18 (.760) at home, avg. margin of defeat of 9.3 ppg (This is including the sanctioned yrs, Clappy, & Radio) Faced 25 Top 25 opponents during this span.

If u think I’m using stadium as to why we suck, u didn’t read. Also, if u don’t think Gameday atmosphere doesn’t influence games, then u’re not a sports junkie. Some of ya’ll really just don’t get it. No other fan base would be arguing against branding, facilities, nutrition, S&C like this fan base does.

We had a whole thread about facilities & we had **** near the same yuckles screaming, “We don’t need facilities; did we have facilities when we were winning in the 80’s??! We need to use that $$ to buy recruits!”

Like some of ya’ll really don’t get it, or need to get ur head out ur asses. We’ve had a couple of recent players on our team, stars mind u, go on wax & talk about the stadium atmosphere. So u think it’s a coincidence with the examples I provided that, despite playing inferior competition over the last 15 yrs compared to 95-07 or the other suck *** teams I’ve listed, that our margin of defeat is higher?!

It’s not fcking rocket science.

Last edited:
F it, I removed 1983-1994, & just went from 1995-2007, since ‘95-99 & ‘04-07 were our most lean yrs:

57-18 (.760) at home, avg. margin of defeat of 9.3 ppg (This is including the sanctioned yrs, Clappy, & Radio) Faced 25 Top 25 opponents during this span.

If u think I’m using stadium as to why we suck, u didn’t read. Also, if u don’t think Gameday atmosphere doesn’t influence games, then u’re not a sports junkie. Some of ya’ll really just don’t get it. No other fan base would be arguing against branding, facilities, nutrition, S&C like this fan base does.

We had a whole thread about facilities & we had **** near the same yuckles screaming, “We don’t need facilities; did we have facilities when we were winning in the 80’s??! We need to use that $$ to buy recruits!”

Like some of ya’ll really don’t get it, or need to get ur head out ur asses. We’ve had a couple of recent players on our team, stars mind u, go on wax & talk about the stadium atmosphere. So u think it’s a coincidence with the examples I provided that, despite playing inferior competition over the last 15 yrs compared to 95-07 or the other suck *** teams I’ve listed, that our margin of defeat is higher?!

Keep preachin Rell, but the fatalists here are never going to acknowledge it. Most are too well attached to their easy commute and club-level tickets to spare a thought for the actual wellbeing of the program.

We are just supposed to live at the behest of whoever owns the dolphins... forever. Never mind that we are losing out on a vital revenue stream. Forget that the place is sterile and (most often) empty. Ignore the fact that our players don't like playing there (and our students don't like going there). Let's continue to be one of three college football teams that can't be bothered to operate its own game-day facility, because it's easier that way.

triple h fighting GIF by WWE

@Rellyrell right now

Keep preachin Rell, but the fatalists here are never going to acknowledge it. Most are too well attached to their easy commute and club-level tickets to spare a thought for the actual wellbeing of the program.

We are just supposed to live at the behest of whoever owns the dolphins... forever. Never mind that we are losing out on a vital revenue stream. Forget that the place is sterile and (most often) empty. Ignore the fact that our players don't like playing there (and our students don't like going there). Let's continue to be one of three college football teams that can't be bothered to operate its own game-day facility, because it's easier that way.

It’s just mind boggling. Then again, Diaz was El Jefe, & we were told to fear the tie.

Advertisement

i believe very successful organizations have a common myth (to use a term)(similar to creation myths) pursuant to which all of the stakeholders unite to make the organization greater than the totality of the individual stakeholders. that myth IMO gives the organization a certain power, prestige, invincibility and ability to rise above and achieve goals that are greater than the value of the individual parts. there is no other explanation for a small, private university previously dedicated to beaches, suntans and pizza to have won 6 championships in twenty years. the foundation of that myth IMO was THE ORANGE BOWL, the most hallowed and sacred grounds. it is not a coincidence of any kind that following the destruction of the Orange Bowl the organization has been stuck at repeated failure.

i want to be clear. i would love and I would support a new stadium (a) owned/controlled by UM and (b) relatively near UM. HOWEVER, the impediments to achieving said new stadium with those two parameters are in my humble opinion unachievable.

i believe very successful organizations have a common myth (to use a term)(similar to creation myths) pursuant to which all of the stakeholders unite to make the organization greater than the totality of the individual stakeholders. that myth IMO gives the organization a certain power, prestige, invincibility and ability to rise above and achieve goals that are greater than the value of the individual parts. there is no other explanation for a small, private university previously dedicated to beaches, suntans and pizza to have won 6 championships in twenty years. the foundation of that myth IMO was THE ORANGE BOWL, the most hallowed and sacred grounds. it is not a coincidence of any kind that following the destruction of the Orange Bowl the organization has been stuck at repeated failure.

i want to be clear. i would love and I would support a new stadium (a) owned/controlled by UM and (b) relatively near UM. HOWEVER, the impediments to achieving said new stadium with those two parameters are in my humble opinion unachievable.
It would almost be easier to relocate the University of Miami campus ... to an area obviously outside of Miami .. where there IS land to build a new campus with a stadium ... that it would be to attempt to find a parcel of land (150-200 acres) NEAR UM campus for a football stadium and parking.

I'm not one to believe in myths, but I also am not one to begrudge those that do.

That said, and I do respect your opinion and knowledge on the subject, the above rings a tad hollow coming from a guy who has made plain that he would be leading the vanguard in a fight against any acquisition of the most logical piece of land needed to build Orange Bowl 2.0.

It would almost be easier to relocate the University of Miami campus ... to an area obviously outside of Miami .. where there IS land to build a new campus with a stadium ... that it would be to attempt to find a parcel of land (150-200 acres) NEAR UM campus for a football stadium and parking.

U don’t need 150-200 acres! lol. Again, an NFL stadium in Seattle, Washington the home of 12th man that sits 68k, sits on 30 acres of parcel. The 49ers new home sits on 40 Acres, & SoFi sits on 60 Acres. Lol.

Advertisement
U don’t need 150-200 acres! lol. Again, an NFL stadium in Seattle, Washington the home of 12th man that sits 68k, sits on 30 acres of parcel. The 49ers new home sits on 40 Acres, & SoFi sits on 60 Acres. Lol.
Look, talking CORAL GABLES / CITY OF MIAMI 60 acres is as good as 250 .... it isn't there!!

Don't forget ... the 49'ers stadium ... is 40 miles SW to the City of San Francisco.

Nobody here has anything to do with a stadium being built, or not, so I don’t understand your post.

But what I do know is that these discussions are totally irrelevant and futile, other than as message board fodder. The determinants of whether it actually happens or not is going to finances first, logistics/location second, and then civic/governmental approval. Based on that, the odds are near zero, at least the way things stand right now.

Last edited:
Can we really talk about the OB from 1958 - 1982 when we were barely a football team? The OB was our stadium b4 it was ever a stadium for The Dolphins. Come on bro, let’s keep it real. So now The Coliseum & Rose Bowl aren’t SC’s & UCLA’s stadium?
No, the OB was built for the annual game. It was also used for high school games through the years. Concerts were

Advertisement
Don't forget ... the 49'ers stadium ... is 40 miles SW to the City of San Francisco.
They close that location. Candle Stick Park was actually in SF, & furthermore, there’s a f’ing amusement park directly next to it. I’ll be completely Frank, I have zero idea how they fit a stadium there b/c it literally makes no sense, yet it fits perfectly.

No, the OB was built for the annual game. It was also used for high school games through the years. Concerts were

No where did I say what it was “built” for. This argument is almost as asinine as saying the Rose Bowl wasn’t built for UCLA or The Coliseum wasn’t built for SC. Who in their right mind would say the Rose Bowl not being UCLA’s stadium, despite them only being there since 1982 & the Rose Bowl was built in 1902? Miami has been playing at the OB since it was first opened up in 1937, b4 it was even known as The OB!!

So now we’re saying the LA Coliseum isn’t USC’s stadium, although they’ve been playing there since 1923 when it was opened up?

Ya’ll be on some bull chit some times, on God.

Advertisement
I don’t think Coral Gables would ever be an option for a Stadium, no different than a Malibu, Beverly Hills, Palos Verdes or any other higher class, smaller suburb of a bigger city.
If anyone thinks Coral Gables would even remotely be in favor of a Stadium (even if there was room) in town, they need psychiatric help.

If anyone thinks Coral Gables would even remotely be in favor of a Stadium (even if there was room) in town, they need psychiatric help.

Exactly; if anyone has ever been to Coral Gables even for 2 secs, u would know, no way in **** a football stadium would ever be built there. Could u imagine The Rams trying to build a football stadium in Beverly Hills??? Lol. U’ll want to find commercial areas to build anywhere.

Exactly; if anyone has ever been to Coral Gables even for 2 secs, u would know, no way in **** a football stadium would ever be built there. Could u imagine The Rams trying to build a football stadium in Beverly Hills??? Lol. U’ll want to find commercial areas to build anywhere.
Coral Gables never gave af about UM....Ever.

Nobody here has anything to do with a stadium being built, or not, so I don’t understand your post.

But what I do know is that these discussions are totally irrelevant and futile, other than as message board fodder. The determinants of whether it actually happens or not is going to finances first, logistics/location second, and then civic/governmental approval. Based on that, the odds are near zero, at least the way things stand right now.
Sure. Totally irrelevant and futile, I agree. Yet… here we are.

What didn’t you understand? I think my thoughts are pretty clear - if proffered somewhat facetiously.

You could’ve just googled (or pulled out an old fashioned copy of Merriam-Webster and looked up) “fatalist” if you didn’t understand what it meant - as opposed to proving my point for me, again.

Advertisement
Back