MEGA Mega Merged Stadium Thread.

and as i reported in the earlier thread on this subject, an ordinance will be approved and enacted essentially forbidding the redevelopment of the park so hopefully the nonsense about building a new stadium will finally go away

Advertisement
no

got it. i just re-read it. about 250,000 people COULD walk to the game. ****, maybe even HALF A MILLIION OR MORE. you are right, but none will. i had this discussion with a poster who knows nothing and she had to walk away from the discussion with her tail between her legs (i am assuming that the referenced poster is a woman, but i am not sure)
This is the same shot that got you banned.

Some of you lawyers never learn man.... you're not all Johnny Cochran, Matlock or Perry Mason man gotta pick those battles!

🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️

Oh well, not my fight, I have no quarrel with you.

People discussing the reality of the stadium situation is not because they don’t want it, it’s because they know there’s a very small chance of it happening.

Do you think diehards like me are not going to go because it’s not convenient.

The diehards will go anytime, anywhere, any place. And these are the people that keep the program going.

Not sure why you feel so strongly about this.

I’d like for you and the others to tell me how and with what funds this is all going to happen?

This wasn’t including u, my brother. U’ve been very consistent on ur stance, & why. I’m specifically regarding several posters, who tend to double talk on a lot of chit.

I’ve said repeatedly, I have no skin in the game of where Miami plays b/c traffic doesn’t bother me in general since I lived in the number 1, 7, 8 traffic cities in North America (Chicago, Los Angeles, & SF), & I don’t live in FL.

The only point of contention I’ve ever had is IF there is a possibility to obtaining ur own stadium or even go in to a managing partnership of having a stadium anywhere between Dade & Broward Counties, then y not? Imo, HRS does nothing for the school except provide a place to play football, & line Ross’ pockets. ****, it could be a stadium next door to HRS for all I care. It’s also important to not dismiss students or student athletes concerns either, especially when this is yet another negative recruiting ploy against us.

Again, my post wasn’t a slight to u; u’ve been very adamant that whether it’s HRS or any chit next to the school itself, u’ll be there. This was for very specific individuals, & their porst history identifies them.

Advertisement
This is the same shot that got you banned.

Some of you lawyers never learn man.... you're not all Johnny Cochran, Matlock or Perry Mason man gotta pick those battles!

🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️

Oh well, not my fight, I have no quarrel with you.
nah, i got banned for something else.

chewed-out-inglorious-********.gif

Last edited:
And for the last time; NOT ONE RECRUITS GIVES A FCK ABOUT TENNIS, FORMULA1, OR A SB BEING HELD EVERY 5 YRS AT A STADIUM. That’s not a recruiting pitch; kids want to play in front of raucous crowds, celebrate w/ their peers, they are kids. Stop shoveling the same stupid bull chit to justify ur convenience and pawning it as it’s in the best interest of the school.
If anything, having all those things associated with Hard Rock works against us. No one watching F1, tennis, the Orange Bowl game, the Super Bowl or the CFP title game associates that place with the Miami Hurricanes, and if they do it's a problem because you can count Miami's memorable wins there on one hand. People remember 58-0 against Clemson and the recent disasters against UNC, MTSU, FSU, Duke and so on. You and others are absolutely right about the hyprocrisy on display here.

This wasn’t including u, my brother. U’ve been very consistent on ur stance, & why. I’m specifically regarding several posters, who tend to double talk on a lot of chit.

I’ve said repeatedly, I have no skin in the game of where Miami plays b/c traffic doesn’t bother me in general since I lived in the number 1, 7, 8 traffic cities in North America (Chicago, Los Angeles, & SF), & I don’t live in FL.

The only point of contention I’ve ever had is IF there is a possibility to obtaining ur own stadium or even go in to a managing partnership of having a stadium anywhere between Dade & Broward Counties, then y not? Imo, HRS does nothing for the school except provide a place to play football, & line Ross’ pockets. ****, it could be a stadium next door to HRS for all I care. It’s also important to not dismiss students or student athletes concerns either, especially when this is yet another negative recruiting ploy against us.

Again, my post wasn’t a slight to u; u’ve been very adamant that whether it’s HRS or any chit next to the school itself, u’ll be there. This was for very specific individuals, & their porst history identifies them.

i think every reasonable poster, including me, would support this but given the reality on the ground there isn't a viable, reasonable alternative to HRS and none is or will be on the horizon in the next few decades. in fact, it is going to get more difficult every year.

once the city of miami and UM screwed up by not agreeing to renovate the old Orange Bowl and the Dolphins moved into HRS, UM's fate was cast.

sometimes in business there are dilemmas, which means having to choose between bad or undesirable options. that's what we have and it is not going to get fixed any time soon.

Advertisement
WINNING SOLVES SOME OF THIS.
THIS. Not only students but Miami-area residents do not particularly like getting up Saturday for a 9AM departure to a noon game. Start winning: the games will be 4PM or later before you can yell Touchdown!

i think every reasonable poster, including me, would support this but given the reality on the ground there isn't a viable, reasonable alternative to HRS and none is or will be on the horizon in the next few decades. in fact, it is going to get more difficult every year.

once the city of miami and UM screwed up by not agreeing to renovate the old Orange Bowl and the Dolphins moved into HRS, UM's fate was cast.

sometimes in business there are dilemmas, which means having to choose between bad or undesirable options. that's what we have and it is not going to get fixed any time soon.
Seeing as how we all know you would chain yourself to one of the pine trees on 82d ave, which leaves TP out of the question, what's the major philosophical hurdle at Magic City?

Unless, in addition to your affection for terrible softball fields, a murky brown lake rife with brain-eating amoebae, and half-century old horse stables, you also think grandma is endowed with the unalienable right to throw away her social security at an off-brand slot parlor. In that case, yeah, the dog track would be untouchable.

I’m laughing b/c of this:

“Finally, I don't care where they actually play the games as long as it is convenient to get in and out of, is comfortable, has a good view of the field no matter where you sit, has quality concessions and where I remain dry when the monsoons come. BTW, everything I just mentioned above is what we have now and you think it would be a good idea to move just so students who make up a tiny percentage of actual fans can get there a little easier?”

This is what chaps my hide about this fan base; some of ya’ll mofos talk outta both sides of ur mouths.

In the Adidas thread: “I only want what’s in the best interest of the University; so if Adidas is paying, that’s what I roll w/.”

In the Stadium thread after it’s been published, spoken upon regarding the financial benefits of having our own stadium: “Fck dem students, & ***** TVD for commenting on the atmosphere of HRS; I like it b/c it’s convenient for me, & back in 2017….”

I literally can’t w/ some of ya’ll. Just keep it real; u like HRS, not for The Hurricanes, but for ur convenience. No need to pussyfoot around the matter. HRS is built for the financial gain for Mr Ross; kudos to him. There is literally NOTHING about HRS that’s in the mutual benefit of the program. U think we’re the only school playing off campus or at a NFL stadium? Lol. There’s a stark difference between what we got going on at HRS & what other programs like Pitt & Temple have going on w/ their stadiums. Theres a stark difference between what we have going on vs. USC or UCLA have going on; & don’t get it twisted, UCLA has horrible attendance at The RB; but guess what? B/c they are the managing partners of The RB WITH the city of Pasadena, naming rights, & other venue events…yeah, UCLA gets a piece of that bread.

And for the last time; NOT ONE RECRUITS GIVES A FCK ABOUT TENNIS, FORMULA1, OR A SB BEING HELD EVERY 5 YRS AT A STADIUM. That’s not a recruiting pitch; kids want to play in front of raucous crowds, celebrate w/ their peers, they are kids. Stop shoveling the same stupid bull chit to justify ur convenience and pawning it as it’s in the best interest of the school.
And it's a thorn in the side for those of us who actually attend Canes and Dolphins games.

Advertisement
Seeing as how we all know you would chain yourself to one of the pine trees on 82d ave, which leaves TP out of the question, what's the major philosophical hurdle at Magic City?

Unless, in addition to your affection for terrible softball fields, a murky brown lake rife with brain-eating amoebae, and half-century old horse stables, you also think grandma is endowed with the unalienable right to throw away her social security at an off-brand slot parlor. In that case, yeah, the dog track would be untouchable.
i like the creative writing and funny references. i have enjoyed those 75 year old stables more than you would probably care to know. i left important traces of my early youth in those stables-turned-picnic shelters.

Magic City never worked for one reason. It wasn´t big enough. You would need about 20-25 acres just for the stadium and Magic City is less than half of that. in addition, it just got sold for a ton of money, so it isn't happening.

i have clients that scour the city for large assemblages of property and i know the county pretty well. there are two reasonable options. Homestead/vicinity or NW Miami Dade County. that's it. both are as far if not farther than HRS. i suppose you can squeeze a stadium at Hialeah Race Track or one or two areas in Doral, but none of those sites are feasible/reasonable and still fairly distant from the university.

People discussing the reality of the stadium situation is not because they don’t want it, it’s because they know there’s a very small chance of it happening.

Do you think diehards like me are not going to go because it’s not convenient.

The diehards will go anytime, anywhere, any place. And these are the people that keep the program going.

Not sure why you feel so strongly about this.

I’d like for you and the others to tell me how and with what funds this is all going to happen?
I agree with everything you are saying but comfort, amenities, convenience etc has nothing to do with having raucous crowds and players being amungst peers as Rellyrell is talking about.

Advertisement
The stadium's distance from campus is low hanging fruit for anyone wanting to poke fun at a program that doesn't win anymore. All anyone's ever seen us do at HRS is lose but that trend and narrative can be reversed by winning, but until that happens the stadium issue will remain a net negative for anyone who isn't obsessed with tailgating.
Sorry but I just can't understand this low level logic. If this is an argument even the simplest of minds can't defend then I'm at a loss for words.

i like the creative writing and funny references. i have enjoyed those 75 year old stables more than you would probably care to know. i left important traces of my early youth in those stables-turned-picnic shelters.

Magic City never worked for one reason. It wasn´t big enough. You would need about 20-25 acres just for the stadium and Magic City is less than half of that. in addition, it just got sold for a ton of money, so it isn't happening.

i have clients that scour the city for large assemblages of property and i know the county pretty well. there are two reasonable options. Homestead/vicinity or NW Miami Dade County. that's it. both are as far if not farther than HRS. i suppose you can squeeze a stadium at Hialeah Race Track or one or two areas in Doral, but none of those sites are feasible/reasonable and still fairly distant from the university.
Eh, I don't think the OB was on 25 acres. But that's here nor there.

Also, if it was sold once, it can be sold again. But, still, beside the point.

Biggest question - You pay for the herald? For local news, you might as well just follow onlyindade on instagram.

Having a stadium close to the university so it is easier for students to get there is a baseless argument. The university has 10k undergrads out of which maybe 30% and that's generous, are interested in football. For the remaining students who do want to go to the games, it really isn't that hard. The university makes it pretty convenient for them with transportation.

Regarding the rent a stadium comment, do you think the University owned the Orange Bowl? The city owned it and the university paid rent. The University of Miami has been a tenant since the day they started playing football.

Finally, I don't care where they actually play the games as long as it is convenient to get in and out of, is comfortable, has a good view of the field no matter where you sit, has quality concessions and where I remain dry when the monsoons come. BTW, everything I just mentioned above is what we have now and you think it would be a good idea to move just so students who make up a tiny percentage of actual fans can get there a little easier?
I didn't say ease for students was the only reasoning for having a stadium closer to campus. You asked what purpose would having a stadium closer to campus serve. I said it was one of the factors in why it would be preferable to be closer to campus as well as easier for the team to get to as well.

If you read what I wrote, I said the team has been playing rent a stadium since the OB was built, so yes, I knew the university didn't own the OB. My point was the university has NEVER "owned" the facility they played in, even before the OB was built, they played at Tamiami Park and Moore Park. So I don't understand why move if they will just be another tenant (this time to Ruiz - who is relatively new to the game so who knows what his intentions are).

Finally, I have said I agree with you about not moving at this time. However, in the future (as unrealistic as this sounds), if Ruiz or a group of donors, build a stadium with slightly less capacity, but with all the amenities offered by HRS, donate it to school so the university is its own landlord, AND it's near campus? Yeah, it's a no-brainer to make the move for me.

And it's a no-brainer it seems for most college football fans as the only school I can think of who consciously chose to leave their own stadium is Pitt (and there is already second thoughts on that decision). GT, BC, USC, UCLA, and Washington have all chosen to stay at their current stadiums instead of moving to modern facilities that have been built in the past 20 years or so. Even smaller schools in big cities are moving for their own stadiums - Minnesota, Houston, Tulane, South Florida, and San Diego State are just a few I can think of off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Go ahead and add hand jobs for all male attendees, from gorgeous models, right at their seat, at every game for number 5.

Seriously, where is the over $1billion, not including the cost of city/county logistics/traffic/road/upgrades/improvements going to come from, and then getting the benefactors to “gift” that.

Changing Season 9 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Advertisement
Back