MEGA Mega Merged Stadium Thread.

Advertisement
The easiest way to increase attendance would be to open the parking lots for tailgating at 7AM like pretty much every single team we play on the road. Canceling all noon kickoff games would also help.

yes 100% serious question.
If at all possible, you want a stadium as close to the campus as possible because it is the UNIVERSITY of Miami football team. Student access should be an issue. The distance the team needs to be driven to get to their own home games, should be an issue.

This is not a pro team. They can't threaten to move unless the city or county helps them build a stadium, which is the reason they have been playing rent a stadium since the OB was built IMO.

BTW, I am not in favor of moving for now. I mentioned the parameters needed in my view to make the move. But at the end of the day, if they built an HRS replica 10 minutes from campus, where do you think they should play 10 minutes from campus or Miami Gardens?

If at all possible, you want a stadium as close to the campus as possible because it is the UNIVERSITY of Miami football team. Student access should be an issue. The distance the team needs to be driven to get to their own home games, should be an issue.

This is not a pro team. They can't threaten to move unless the city or county helps them build a stadium, which is the reason they have been playing rent a stadium since the OB was built IMO.

BTW, I am not in favor of moving for now. I mentioned the parameters needed in my view to make the move. But at the end of the day, if they built an HRS replica 10 minutes from campus, where do you think they should play 10 minutes from campus or Miami Gardens?
lol students dont care about the football team as much as you think. theyre not there for sports. theyre there bc its miami and a decent education.

when we were in the oB, we still were half filled student sections. stop basing it on student access. we have an elite basketball team and its half filled most of the time and thats on campus and easy walk w a lot less hassle than going to a football game and sitting in the heat.

you should focus on the population at large including donig a study on where the bulk of your STHers come from. thats what matters. UM football ha salways been treated like a pro team. it is a pro team in this market. UM baseball and hoops are treated like college teams in this market.

Having a stadium close to the university so it is easier for students to get there is a baseless argument. The university has 10k undergrads out of which maybe 30% and that's generous, are interested in football. For the remaining students who do want to go to the games, it really isn't that hard. The university makes it pretty convenient for them with transportation.

Regarding the rent a stadium comment, do you think the University owned the Orange Bowl? The city owned it and the university paid rent. The University of Miami has been a tenant since the day they started playing football.

Finally, I don't care where they actually play the games as long as it is convenient to get in and out of, is comfortable, has a good view of the field no matter where you sit, has quality concessions and where I remain dry when the monsoons come. BTW, everything I just mentioned above is what we have now and you think it would be a good idea to move just so students who make up a tiny percentage of actual fans can get there a little easier?

Advertisement
Having a stadium close to the university so it is easier for students to get there is a baseless argument. The university has 10k undergrads out of which maybe 30% and that's generous, are interested in football. For the remaining students who do want to go to the games, it really isn't that hard. The university makes it pretty convenient for them with transportation.

Regarding the rent a stadium comment, do you think the University owned the Orange Bowl? The city owned it and the university paid rent. The University of Miami has been a tenant since the day they started playing football.

Finally, I don't care where they actually play the games as long as it is convenient to get in and out of, is comfortable, has a good view of the field no matter where you sit, has quality concessions and where I remain dry when the monsoons come. BTW, everything I just mentioned above is what we have now and you think it would be a good idea to move just so students who make up a tiny percentage of actual fans can get there a little easier?
you guys not from SFL may laugh but hes right.

Advertisement
What is so embarrassing about playing in a stadium that is so easily accessible and is so nice it is worthy of hosting the superbowl every 4 years or so?
The stadium's distance from campus is low hanging fruit for anyone wanting to poke fun at a program that doesn't win anymore. All anyone's ever seen us do at HRS is lose but that trend and narrative can be reversed by winning, but until that happens the stadium issue will remain a net negative for anyone who isn't obsessed with tailgating.

you guys not from SFL may laugh but hes right.

I’m laughing b/c of this:

“Finally, I don't care where they actually play the games as long as it is convenient to get in and out of, is comfortable, has a good view of the field no matter where you sit, has quality concessions and where I remain dry when the monsoons come. BTW, everything I just mentioned above is what we have now and you think it would be a good idea to move just so students who make up a tiny percentage of actual fans can get there a little easier?”

This is what chaps my hide about this fan base; some of ya’ll mofos talk outta both sides of ur mouths.

In the Adidas thread: “I only want what’s in the best interest of the University; so if Adidas is paying, that’s what I roll w/.”

In the Stadium thread after it’s been published, spoken upon regarding the financial benefits of having our own stadium: “Fck dem students, & ***** TVD for commenting on the atmosphere of HRS; I like it b/c it’s convenient for me, & back in 2017….”

I literally can’t w/ some of ya’ll. Just keep it real; u like HRS, not for The Hurricanes, but for ur convenience. No need to pussyfoot around the matter. HRS is built for the financial gain for Mr Ross; kudos to him. There is literally NOTHING about HRS that’s in the mutual benefit of the program. U think we’re the only school playing off campus or at a NFL stadium? Lol. There’s a stark difference between what we got going on at HRS & what other programs like Pitt & Temple have going on w/ their stadiums. Theres a stark difference between what we have going on vs. USC or UCLA have going on; & don’t get it twisted, UCLA has horrible attendance at The RB; but guess what? B/c they are the managing partners of The RB WITH the city of Pasadena, naming rights, & other venue events…yeah, UCLA gets a piece of that bread.

And for the last time; NOT ONE RECRUITS GIVES A FCK ABOUT TENNIS, FORMULA1, OR A SB BEING HELD EVERY 5 YRS AT A STADIUM. That’s not a recruiting pitch; kids want to play in front of raucous crowds, celebrate w/ their peers, they are kids. Stop shoveling the same stupid bull chit to justify ur convenience and pawning it as it’s in the best interest of the school.

I’m laughing b/c of this:

“Finally, I don't care where they actually play the games as long as it is convenient to get in and out of, is comfortable, has a good view of the field no matter where you sit, has quality concessions and where I remain dry when the monsoons come. BTW, everything I just mentioned above is what we have now and you think it would be a good idea to move just so students who make up a tiny percentage of actual fans can get there a little easier?”

This is what chaps my hide about this fan base; some of ya’ll mofos talk outta both sides of ur mouths.

In the Adidas thread: “I only want what’s in the best interest of the University; so if Adidas is paying, that’s what I roll w/.”

In the Stadium thread after it’s been published, spoken upon regarding the financial benefits of having our own stadium: “Fck dem students, & ***** TVD for commenting on the atmosphere of HRS; I like it b/c it’s convenient for me, & back in 2017….”

I literally can’t w/ some of ya’ll. Just keep it real; u like HRS, not for The Hurricanes, but for ur convenience. No need to pussyfoot around the matter. HRS is built for the financial gain for Mr Ross; kudos to him. There is literally NOTHING about HRS that’s in the mutual benefit of the program. U think we’re the only school playing off campus or at a NFL stadium? Lol. There’s a stark difference between what we got going on at HRS & what other programs like Pitt & Temple have going on w/ their stadiums. Theres a stark difference between what we have going on vs. USC or UCLA have going on; & don’t get it twisted, UCLA has horrible attendance at The RB; but guess what? B/c they are the managing partners of The RB WITH the city of Pasadena, naming rights, & other venue events…yeah, UCLA gets a piece of that bread.

And for the last time; NOT ONE RECRUITS GIVES A FCK ABOUT TENNIS, FORMULA1, OR A SB BEING HELD EVERY 5 YRS AT A STADIUM. That’s not a recruiting pitch; kids want to play in front of raucous crowds, celebrate w/ their peers, they are kids. Stop shoveling the same stupid bull chit to justify ur convenience and pawning it as it’s in the best interest of the school.

People discussing the reality of the stadium situation is not because they don’t want it, it’s because they know there’s a very small chance of it happening.

Do you think diehards like me are not going to go because it’s not convenient.

The diehards will go anytime, anywhere, any place. And these are the people that keep the program going.

Not sure why you feel so strongly about this.

I’d like for you and the others to tell me how and with what funds this is all going to happen?

The movement to incorporate stadiums into the center of cities vs. out in the wastelands has been a proven boon. Besides being a local economic stimulus, a stadium at Tropical Park for example, would probably have 25,000 people that could WALK to the games, and another 100k that could bike there or take a 10 minute uber or get dropped off easily, plus public transport etc. Vs. practically ZERO at HRS. Of course only a fraction of them will come each week, which is still something, but it would create a boost and a base to build on, and integrate the team (and the school) deeper into the community. It would absolutely attract new fans and create a much more collegiate atmosphere. Anyone who says differently has an agenda or was dropped on their head too many times. That's the proven blueprint.

This doesn't even take into affect how much more convenient it would be for the 34,000 employees and students at the U to attend.

I think we would draw an extra 10k per game once we found our footing. Gameday would light up the southern part of Miami, it wouldn't be isolated to an industrial wasteland next to the turnpike like HRH. People would feel it. Each week would be an event with aftershocks that didn't live in a bubble.
Exactly. The carpet baggers just don't want to admit it. They will go down to the bottom of the sea with Stephen Ross and his teal seats, racetrack, tennis stadiums, nfl facility... as long as it means they don't have to drive into Miami proper (for a Miami Hurricanes game...). HaShem forbid another 12 miles or an extra half-hour in their cars, that's too much of an ask.

Advertisement
Exactly. The carpet baggers just don't want to admit it. They will go down to the bottom of the sea with Stephen Ross and his teal seats, racetrack, tennis stadiums, nfl facility... as long as it means they don't have to drive into Miami proper (for a Miami Hurricanes game...). HaShem forbid another 12 miles or an extra half-hour in their cars, that's too much of an ask.

Nobody is going down with anything because nobody here determines whether a stadium gets built or not. This is just laughable.

i've been on an involuntarily hiatus but did someone say that 25,000 would walk to a stadium at Tropical Park? that's about half the attendance of many games.

did i read this correctly? @Empirical Cane
I believe a porster or two (or a hunna) have taken that position,

meng

#WelcomeBack
#ReturnOfRSA

Last edited:
Advertisement
Serious ?; when did the attendance #’s start being juked for HRS/SLS/LS? It was clear that the number announced or publicly given for attendance was not accurate based upon actual bodies at the game.

You'd have to research when attendance definitions were changed and it was sometime around when App State and some other schools became D1. You had to have a certain amount of kids in school as well as certain attendance numbers for each game. Temple was in the conversation for being dropped from D1 due to low attendance numbers. A rule was put in place that allowed for tickets sold and that counted towards the attendance number and artificially inflated a seasons average. The season average is the key component. Late 2000's I believe from memory.

no
No, literally no one said that 25,000 would walk to the game. There is just a reading comprehension issue here.

got it. i just re-read it. about 250,000 people COULD walk to the game. ****, maybe even HALF A MILLIION OR MORE. you are right, but none will. i had this discussion with a poster who knows nothing and she had to walk away from the discussion with her tail between her legs (i am assuming that the referenced poster is a woman, but i am not sure)

Advertisement
Back