MEGA Mega Merged Stadium Thread.

Driving out to the middle of nowhere to a rented stadium isn't all that cool, nor does it feel like college football.
Lol it will never feel like college football as there will never be an on campus stadium.

If you want that, root for the team in Gainesville and you will know what it’s like to drive out to the middle of nowhere.

I’d rather lease a Lamborghini than buy a Prius.

Advertisement
Lol it will never feel like college football as there will never be an on campus stadium.

If you want that, root for the team in Gainesville and you will know what it’s like to drive out to the middle of nowhere.

That should be printed on Dade county license plates. Sums it all up when you can’t even afford the gas.

The point wasn’t being better. Fancy doesn’t always make the experience, as the OB showed you. I’d take a loud stadium, with character, that we can fill and that serves cold beer over a half empty pro stadium with fancy skyboxes in the middle of nowhere.
See the 2017 ND game for loud. Their players said it was the loudest they’ve been to and I’m sure they played in on campus stadiums with “character”

Miami will always be an event town. If they suck, even a 40k stadium will have some empty seats.

That should be printed on Dade county license plates. Sums it all up when you can’t even afford the gas.
You missed the entire point. This obsession for having your own stadium is silly to me and it’s really because fsu and gator fans clown us.

Instead of focusing on the negatives especially from rivals (who will still troll us if we get our own stadium anyway), we should embrace the stadium we play in as a first class facility that professionals play at and where super bowls are hosted.

Advertisement
That stadium and it's size is one of the reasons teams will always point towards empty seats

It's not even that big. 65,326 and it looks full with 60k. It's around the 30th largest stadium in college football, and it isn't even in the top 50 largest football stadiums in America when you combine CFB/NFL. VT's cozy Lane Stadium in Blacksburg holds more fans.

You missed the entire point. This obsession for having your own stadium is silly to me and it’s really because fsu and gator fans clown us.

Instead of focusing on the negatives especially from rivals (who will still troll us if we get our own stadium anyway), we should embrace the stadium we play in as a first class facility that professionals play at and where super bowls are hosted.
None of that matters to anyone else. That’s what you are missing. It’s not what’s important.

What are you, 7 years old? “Well if you want that, go find another team”.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The point wasn’t being better. Fancy doesn’t always make the experience, as the OB showed you. I’d take a loud stadium, with character, that we can fill and that serves cold beer over a half empty pro stadium with fancy skyboxes in the middle of nowhere.
Didn’t mean to give a thumbs up. You must have only gone to big games at the orange bowl because even in the early 90s in the middle of the 58 game home winning streak and undefeated seasons, when Rutgers came to town that stadium was barely half full.

South Florida is an event town with a fairly small base of fans who go to all games. The rest only go when it’s a big game getting hype. All things being equal the stadium situation we have now is leaps and bounds better than anything we have ever had.

The swamp is a total ****hole.

Doak, too, mi amigo.

Literally

image-of-an-overflowing-toilet-and-toilet-clog.jpg

It's not even that big. 65,326 and it looks full with 60k. It's around the 30th largest stadium in college football, and it isn't even in the top 50 largest football stadiums in America when you combine CFB/NFL. VT's cozy Lane Stadium in Blacksburg holds more fans.
#1 I already said to the dude I had forgot about the reduced seating. It was originally 75k with the ability to expand another 5-7k.
#2 65 still isn't accurate when the entire stadium is open. People seem to forget there's several areas rarely even open in games now. Even for the dolphins. There's like 11k seats not even accounted for in regular capacity. Still as I said I was wrong about how big it is. Ob was bigger but the layout and the seats weren't emphasizing any open seats like hard rock does. Here empty seats stand out.
SmartSelect_20230416_135452_Chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
#1 I already said to the dude I had forgot about the reduced seating. It was originally 75k with the ability to expand another 5-7k.
#2 65 still isn't accurate when the entire stadium is open. People seem to forget there's several areas rarely even open in games now. Even for the dolphins. There's like 11k seats not even accounted for in regular capacity. Still as I said I was wrong about how big it is. Ob was bigger but the layout and the seats weren't emphasizing any open seats like hard rock does. Here empty seats stand out.

1. I replied to your post when I read it, the other guy's post and your reply were later in the thread, and there is no way I am ever going to give enough of a **** here to go back and edit based on continued conversation I hadn't read. :ROFLMAO:

2. I don't understand whatcha mean. What areas do you mean? I just looked up some deets. For ND attendance was 65,303. For FSU last year there was a reported 66,200. Both were packed to their gills, sold out, with no visible place for there to be another body where you could see the field, let alone another 11k. Last year the Fins averaged 66,230 which according to ESPN/NFL was 102.3% capacity. They would have loved to have been able to sell more tix.

IIRC the reason the capacity was reduced when they renovated was because they put the video boards in the upper corners where a ton of seats used to be, replaced every single seat (enlarged all of them? Def a ton of them), created the VIP Golden Canes/Fins VIP area (which probably reduced capacity for that section by 60%) and added the Field Club, North Sideline Club and corner terraces. Walk me through what you're talking about? When the entire stadium is "open?" What do mean?

3. OB was church I miss the **** out of it.

PS- I think there might be overlap in that wiki (eeeek) screenshot, if it's even accurate. Like some of the "business" seats etc could also be lower level. I don't think those line items are cumulative.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back