MEGA Mega Merged Stadium Thread.

See the 2017 ND game for loud. Their players said it was the loudest they’ve been to and I’m sure they played in on campus stadiums with “character”

Miami will always be an event town. If they suck, even a 40k stadium will have some empty seats.
It will have 36,478 empty seats exactly.... 🤣🤣🤣

Advertisement
I mean if we could have an on campus stadium with adequate parking and public transportation, that'd be ideal, but it's not happening. The greatest off campus situation ever was the OB for those of us blessed enough to watch games there. Part of that was due of course to the fact that we had some bad *** teams that were so fun to watch.

Didn’t mean to give a thumbs up. You must have only gone to big games at the orange bowl because even in the early 90s in the middle of the 58 game home winning streak and undefeated seasons, when Rutgers came to town that stadium was barely half full.

South Florida is an event town with a fairly small base of fans who go to all games. The rest only go when it’s a big game getting hype. All things being equal the stadium situation we have now is leaps and bounds better than anything we have ever had.
I think most of you that like the stadium live North of it and are just happy you don’t have to drive further South, so you’ll defend it at all cost.

1. I replied to your post when I read it, the other guy's post and your reply were later in the thread, and there is no way I am ever going to give enough of a **** here to go back and edit based on continued conversation I hadn't read. :ROFLMAO:

2. I don't understand whatcha mean. What areas do you mean? I just looked up some deets. For ND attendance was 65,303. For FSU last year there was a reported 66,200. Both were packed to their gills, sold out, with no visible place for there to be another body where you could see the field, let alone another 11k. Last year the Fins averaged 66,230 which according to ESPN/NFL was 102.3% capacity. They would have loved to have been able to sell more tix.

IIRC the reason the capacity was reduced when they renovated was because they put the video boards in the upper corners where a ton of seats used to be, replaced every single seat (enlarged all of them? Def a ton of them), created the VIP Golden Canes/Fins VIP area (which probably reduced capacity for that section by 60%) and added the Field Club, North Sideline Club and corner terraces. Walk me through what you're talking about? When the entire stadium is "open?" What do mean?

3. OB was church I miss the **** out of it.

PS- I think there might be overlap in that wiki (eeeek) screenshot, if it's even accurate. Like some of the "business" seats etc could also be lower level. I don't think those line items are cumulative.
🤣 Indeed hermano. I'm not going back and fixing ****. Lol. Far as where the desrepancy may be I know the reported occupancy for purposes of marketing etc are 65 however when you walk through the tunnels you see ALOT of roll outs tucked into certain corners. Either way. I was wrong I thought it was atleast 84.

Advertisement
I’d love a new stadium, but I really think a better course of action would be a new metro mover line extending up 27th ave connecting to hard rock. And on game day run an express line connecting: University, Government Center, and Hard Rock stadium
FDOT would have to get their heads out of their collective asses for 2.3 seconds: all they know how to do is build double decker expressways and cross fingers. If you're 1ages 5 - 22 and likely much beyond, HRS is completely inaccessible. Younger generations aren't like the old farts on this board that live to sit in their car, and drive 90 minutes to the Dollar Store every day.

I think most of you that like the stadium live North of it and are just happy you don’t have to drive further South, so you’ll defend it at all cost.

This is just dumb.

Virtually a hundred percent of the people that live north will drive further south to a Miami game, they did it before and they’ll do it again. If they’ve been going to games and putting up with a subpar product that we’ve had to watch for the last 20 years, they’ll still come.

So that’s just a clown statement.

It’s not about defending the stadium at all costs, it’s about accepting and appreciating somewhere that we’re more than likely to be playing for the next 10 or 20 years or more. You guys are making the same arguments that our rivals do, with very little chance of a new stadium being built. By the way, who’s paying for $1 to 1.5 billion or more? Got any ideas?

It just ain’t happening, get over it.

I’d love a new stadium, but I really think a better course of action would be a new metro mover line extending up 27th ave connecting to hard rock. And on game day run an express line connecting: University, Government Center, and Hard Rock stadium
THIS! They been talking billion dollar monorail and such for 4 years in both counties, with connect. Any by the time its done, we will have a team you won't even recognize!

Advertisement
Seems to me that the entire conversation related to the stadium issue is fan experience vs program health. Each have valid reasons for preference.

Fans: chair upgrades, Luxury suites, parking, facilities, (for some) closer to broward/PB

Players: I briefly spoke to Portis, Reed and Sean Taylor about it in 07 and they were devestated.

Results: no dolphin or canes team has won it all or come close since moving to Joe Robbie.

Programs recruit against us hard due to the “rented” stadium virtually an hour from campus.

If you live anywhere south of Miami Beach, Joe Robbie has always been a DUI adventure zone for many.

I sit at club level every year and am a green lot snob. I love it. Very comfortable, great food options and beautiful stadium.

Would I trade that for a closer stadium that actually feels like it’s in the real Miami? Renew our team identity much like the Miami Heat?

IN A HEARTBEAT.

Do I think it will happen? Not for a while if at all. But if it does I think it would be great for the players, program and greater Miami fans.

That and returning to Nike (adidas contract is up this year) + using only black cleats/socks + signing Noel Divine & Patrick Peterson (wink)
You make some good points.

However, I'd say the reason for the Heat's success has nothing to do with the location of their facility (they've always been in downtown) and everything to do Micky Arison buying the team and bringing Pat Riley on as coach in the '90s and then moving to the front office in the '00's.

The Dolphins did host an AFC Championship in 1992. Teams win based on their talent - on the field and coaching. Unfortunately, the Dolphins and Canes have both been lacking this for the past 20 years (more for the Dolphins). Get the talent level up to 2000-2002 levels and they will win. Whether they play in Coral Gables, Miami Gardens, or anywhere else.

I would argue it’s worse, based on the fact it’s a ***** to get too. But I’m a sucker for downtown stadiums with good public transit access
I feel like you have to drive to get into Charlotte - the public transport wasn't very good at all. The location is much better though I'll give you that.

I just felt the actual Hard Rock Stadium was much better - better amenities, better build quality (BoA ******* shakes when everyone cheers. :eek: ).

Every thread that mentions a new stadium should be auto-nuked. How many times are you guys gonna talk about the same fairytale ****? Ruiz isn't building a new stadium, period. Miami has a lease with Hard Rock and has zero intention of breaking it, period. If you wanna talk 20 years down the road, knock yourselves out. It won't even happen then, but maybe there's a chance. There is ZERO it happens now. Why do you guys insist on talking about **** that has literally zero chance of happening? If you started a thread on Caleb Williams transferring here, it'd have the same value.

Advertisement
I feel like you have to drive to get into Charlotte - the public transport wasn't very good at all. The location is much better though I'll give you that.

I just felt the actual Hard Rock Stadium was much better - better amenities, better build quality (BoA ******* shakes when everyone cheers. :eek: ).
I mean I can’t really blame the stadium for charlotte’s horrific lack of public transit.

I agree the amenities of hard rock (inside) are better. For me i never had an issue with BoA build quality. But the location of the stadium has always ranked the stadium very high for me.

I never want the panthers to leave it, just keep repairing it and give it better concourses. Which I think they might of recently redone. I’m not a guy that really values over the top features are Uber fancy stadium, I like good location and good sound quality

Retractable roof, huge windows in left field that can be opened to bring in a breeze a la the East Endzone of the OB, view of downtown Miami just as the OB had. If anything, the ballpark is the only thing "major league" about the Marlins.
To tear down the OB....and put that dump on the Hallowed grounds of the OB is Sacrilege.

You are correct that I live north of the stadium. The convenience of where the stadium is situated is absolutely one of the reasons I like it so much. Something I would imagine even people coming from south of the stadium would appreciate as well. What more can you ask for than a stadium directly off a major highway with very easy access in and out. The other things I like so much are the comfortable seats, the massive video boards, the view of the field, the quality concession options and staying bone dry during hurricane like conditions. Not sure what about any of the things I have listed would not be appealing to you or anyone else. I guess the only thing you really want is a stadium that is geographically close to where you are, everything else be damned. Keep dreaming because it won’t be happening any time soon.

Advertisement
Every thread that mentions a new stadium should be auto-nuked. How many times are you guys gonna talk about the same fairytale ****? Ruiz isn't building a new stadium, period. Miami has a lease with Hard Rock and has zero intention of breaking it, period. If you wanna talk 20 years down the road, knock yourselves out. It won't even happen then, but maybe there's a chance. There is ZERO it happens now. Why do you guys insist on talking about **** that has literally zero chance of happening? If you started a thread on Caleb Williams transferring here, it'd have the same value.
most nauseating thing about our fanbase... new stadium talk.

The point wasn’t being better. Fancy doesn’t always make the experience, as the OB showed you. I’d take a loud stadium, with character, that we can fill and that serves cold beer over a half empty pro stadium with fancy skyboxes in the middle of nowhere.
You do realize the OB held more than what HRS currently holds and if we still played there it would look even worse. HRS has been as loud as any stadium in the country.

Advertisement
Back