MEGA Mega Merged Stadium Thread.

Advertisement
Am I the only one who likes Hard Rock Stadium?

I think its a fine place for the Canes to play and the location is fairly convenient.

But, but, but ....

UF and FSU have their own on-campus 80,000-seat stadiums and their fans will keep making fun of us until we have the same

Sad Kid GIF

It’s the hood, there’s definitely a liquor store nearby

Package store
Beauty supply shop
African hair braiding
Soul fool joint (get the pan trout sandwich and don't forget the pound cake, iykyk )
Pop up shop with two dudes selling bootleg clothing and accessories
Tax prep shops with refund anticipation loans

I think its a fine place for the Canes to play and the location is fairly convenient. I barely have to enter Dade County to go to games.
That stadium and it's size is one of the reasons teams will always point towards empty seats

Advertisement

I think its a fine place for the Canes to play and the location is fairly convenient. I barely have to enter Dade County to go to games.
Hardrock is a great venue. Anyone who advocates for a stadium near the campus either doesn't know south florida or has an agenda other than Miami football in mind.

Advertisement
It’s been discussed at least 100 times by @Rellyrell the financial value to having a smart stadium deal…

I’d like to see it get legs and see what happens with it…

….even though it is likely to be more inconvenient for me travel wise…

Nobody is going to spend hundreds of millions of dollars building a stadium and “gift” it to the University.

Even if Ruiz did ever build a stadium, UM would just be renting it from him.

In order for UM to actually have their own stadium, they would have to build it themselves.

It’s like saying “I want all the perks of owning a successful business but I want someone else to use their money to start it and build it and then just hand over the finished product to me for free”.
people seem to think hes the least selfish person on earth. everything and everyone has a motive including him. we would be renting the stadium from him since he isnt the team owner of the canes like ross owns the fint or Mas owns inter

Last edited:
I'd think everyone would be for a stadium closer to campus as long as it fits the following:

1. Built with money from Ruiz, other donors, and sponsors.
2. The stadium is gifted to the university so there is no "tenant" relationship (otherwise, why move from HRS?)
3. Stadium has capacity of at least 50,000 and is not an erector set like the stadiums at FIU, FAU, and UCF.
4. Seat backs.

Ample parking, easy ingress/egress, partially covered.

Advertisement
I'd think everyone would be for a stadium closer to campus as long as it fits the following:

1. Built with money from Ruiz, other donors, and sponsors.
2. The stadium is gifted to the university so there is no "tenant" relationship (otherwise, why move from HRS?)
3. Stadium has capacity of at least 50,000 and is not an erector set like the stadiums at FIU, FAU, and UCF.
4. Seat backs.

Go ahead and add hand jobs for all male attendees, from gorgeous models, right at their seat, at every game for number 5.

Seriously, where is the over $1billion, not including the cost of city/county logistics/traffic/road/upgrades/improvements going to come from, and then getting the benefactors to “gift” that.

people seem to think hes the least selfish person on earth. everything and everyone has a motive including him. we would be renting the stadium from him since he isnt the team owner of the canes like ross owns the fint or Mas owns inter
Exactly, I have no reason to believe he's a bad person but he is a person and Ppl have a tendency to do what's best them and theirs.

Plus I've been saying it from the beginning it's easier to figure out how to get 10k students to hardrock then it is to get 50k fans into that part of Dade county. Anyone who tells u other wise is not being honest

Advertisement
Exactly, I have no reason to believe he's a bad person but he is a person and Ppl have a tendency to do what's best them and theirs.

Plus I've been saying it from the beginning it's easier to figure out how to get 10k students to hardrock then it is to get 50k fans into that part of Dade county. Anyone who tells u other wise is not being honest
I would love our own home. I don’t want to hear it’s close until I see the county approve the sale of the land to Ruiz. Till then it’s just twitter talk to get the sheep talking.

Nobody is going to spend hundreds of millions of dollars building a stadium and “gift” it to the University.

Even if Ruiz did ever build a stadium, UM would just be renting it from him.

In order for UM to actually have their own stadium, they would have to build it themselves.

It’s like saying “I want all the perks of owning a successful business but I want someone else to use their money to start it and build it and then just hand over the finished product to me for free”.
Yes, how dare I think the university owes much of its existence and improvements to donations from major benefactors and sponsors? I mean every building on campus was built that way, but why expect it for a football stadium?

Go ahead and add hand jobs for all male attendees, from gorgeous models, right at their seat, at every game for number 5.

Seriously, where is the over $1billion, not including the cost of city/county logistics/traffic/road/upgrades/improvements going to come from, and then getting the benefactors to “gift” that.
Which is exactly why the odds of it happening are extremely low.

Number 5 has been officially added to the list. Great addition.

It's a much better stadium than Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, but **** it's a fair trek out to get there.

Advertisement
Back