MEGA Mega Merged Stadium Thread.

I was there in 2016 when Miami played there and I can confirm that place is a dump.

True story; NBC paid for their lights, while paying ND more $$ for prime time games. For yrs, ND stadium & Wrigley Field had the same mantra; no evening games b/c of no lights.

Also I, too, have been to ND stadium a couple of times prior to the renovations in the 90’s. Saw them play SC in ‘95, & ‘97. The stadium didn’t bother me, b/c I attended so many games at Soldier Field & The Coliseum, so it gave me that feel

Advertisement

Can two places share the same zip code? Bro I don't know. I look at your link and it says that Coral Gables has several zip codes. Pinecrest only has 33156. Anyway, everything I am searching for that school at THAT location is Pinecrest.

Gulliver Prep Profile.jpg

True story; NBC paid for their lights, while paying ND more $$ for prime time games. For yrs, ND stadium & Wrigley Field had the same mantra; no evening games b/c of no lights.

Also I, too, have been to ND stadium a couple of times prior to the renovations in the 90’s. Saw them play SC in ‘95, & ‘97. The stadium didn’t bother me, b/c I attended so many games at Soldier Field & The Coliseum, so it gave me that feel
I was at soldier field when we played ND in 2012, too. It was cool, I guess. I love Chicago when it not winter.

Advertisement
here is the zoning map for the Village of Pinecrest. by the way to the south (on the other side of the C-2 canal) is the City of South Miami, not Coral Gables.

let's buy and build it!

azucar

pinecrest.PNG

Some of us see it differently.

There are many examples of using public assets for private purposes. Tropical Park itself can be used as a precedent. Since 1982 the park was used by the Schectman Family to operate Santa’s Enchanted Forrest. The amusement park operated nightly for months every year with no public outcry that a public park was being used by a for-profit business.

Ruiz is proposing to build a stadium that would not only benefit the University, but the public as well (he is proposing to rebuild the adjacent recreational facilities and the stadium will be utilized by local high schools as well). I am not naive to think Ruiz will not benefit as well, so I need to learn more about his proposal. But, to dismiss the idea simply because the land is owned by the County seems misplaced if (and that is a big “if”) the public stands to benefit as well.

Not to mention that, you know, in addition to a ton of nasty acres of paved parking lots and athletic facilities that take up a ton of room like baseball fields and tennis courts that need repairs, there is already an actual ******* ****** football stadium in Tropical Park right now.

Some people are acting like there is a plan to pave over a 100 year old botanical garden or redwood forest. And are ignoring the REST of Ruiz's plan, which is to massively update and upgrade every other single inch of this absolutely mid park at no cost to the city. TP is not exactly a shining jewel, and Ruiz is also offering to maintain it. Some people just don't know how to take the win.

Screenshot 2023-01-22 at 11.13.24 PM.png

Last edited:
I was at soldier field when we played ND in 2012, too. It was cool, I guess. I love Chicago when it not winter.

It’s funny b/c I’ve lived in CA majority of my life, but I still laugh at ppl in CA complaining about “coldness” when it’s like 41 degrees. Even in the mountain areas where it snows, it don’t feel like Chicago Cold. That Cold + Wind feels like sharp needles slicing ur skin. When a great lake can freeze due to the coldness, that should tell u something. Lol.

Advertisement
Not to mention that, you know, in addition to a ton of nasty acres of paved parking lots and athletic facilities that take up a ton of room like baseball fields and tennis courts that need repairs, there is already an actual ******* ****** football stadium in Tropical Park right now.

Some people are acting like there is a plan to pave over a 100 year old botanical garden or redwood forest. And are ignoring the REST of Ruiz's plan, which is to massively update and upgrade every other single inch of this absolutely mid park at no cost to the city. TP is not exactly a shining jewel, and Ruiz is also offering to maintain it. Some people just don't know how to take the win.

View attachment 226105
when was the last time you were at the park?

It’s funny b/c I’ve lived in CA majority of my life, but I still laugh at ppl in CA complaining about “coldness” when it’s like 41 degrees. Even in the mountain areas where it snows, it don’t feel like Chicago Cold. That Cold + Wind feels like sharp needles slicing ur skin. When a great lake can freeze due to the coldness, that should tell u something. Lol.
Get out to the Channel Islands and camp in the winter, you’ll feel it.

Advertisement
Fellas,

Please don't maul me. Be gentle.

I remember some crazy sounding idea of tearing a "public school" down to build a stadium.

Could Miami buy out or partner with a "private school", say for example, Gulliver Prep, and build a stadium on their already existing campus? I grew up in NJ. We have Seton Hall University and Seton Hall Prep, both private institutions and affiliated. What about Miami Prep or Gulliver/Miami Prep? Build the stadium on their campus for multi use? or completely buy out the school and expand the Miami campus to include that? Is it crazy? I am totally ignorant. Just looking at a map, and thought since the idea of tearing down a public school was brought up, thought it would be far more easier or less obstacles to deal with a private school, where I assume the public wouldn't have much say, because it doesn't involve public dollars? and it is not the notorious Coral Gables.

@OriginalCanesCanesCanes
@Rellyrell

Thoughts fellas?

It would depend on the footprint of the schools you’re referring to, and the ability of their location and surrounding areas, to handle traffic and large crowds.

But off the top of my head doesn’t seem feasible at all.

Advertisement
Never been on campus have you?

lol actually i have. I was on campus three times. Son played in the basketball arena. Took the family this year there to see the fireworks at the lake for the FSU game. Parking was definitely difficult to come by. My wife actually went to and graduated from Miami. I was just thinking that it could be ONE of the places people could park, especially students.

lol actually i have. I was on campus three times. Son played in the basketball arena. Took the family this year there to see the fireworks at the lake for the FSU game. Parking was definitely difficult to come by. My wife actually went to and graduated from Miami. I was just thinking that it could be ONE of the places people could park, especially students.

I wasn’t trying to be a smart ***, but you must’ve seen that there’s not very many parking spaces at the University. It’s hard enough finding a parking space to go to a baseball game or a basketball game that is on campus.

Good on you for thinking outside the box, but it’s not feasible.

i like the idea. nay, love the idea. that one lane each way street can easily handle 50000+ fans. i see no issues that cannot be easily overcome with a few police officers at critical intersections.

azucar

p.d. that one lane street is 30 mph and is monitored by pinecrest's finest who loved to confer speeding tickets. so using my back of the envelope traffic analysis vacating 50000+ fans should only take 4-6 hours, give or take an hour.
the worst cops in miami for minor speeding infractions, but my buddy grew up in pinecrest and his dog was actually struck by a car so i get it. the only stupid thing with that neighborhood is the lack of sidewalks.

i went to the ND game at ND and the one at soldier field. soldier field was a **** bag place too but at least it was in grant park i believe and had the field museum and everything close by.

Advertisement
Back