MEGA Mega Merged Stadium Thread.

How big a deal are these things in the grand scheme of things?

It seems like there's a lot more upside in funneling that money into NIL/recruiting and retaining assistant coaches who could get hired away

JMO
So here's what he's saying. (about the recruiting with a new stadium)

The kids would rather play in a UCF bounce house like stadium than a Stadium that hosts the NC Game, Super Bowl, World Cup, Formula One.....

Yeah I'm sure that's what the recruits are thinking. LOL

Advertisement
can you guys please stop referencing that hrs is an nfl stadium that hosts the super bowl and national championship game amongst other things? It’s embarrassing for the program when our fans pump that up like it means anything other than we play in a rented amusement park… I mean stadium that isn’t our own.

What a dumb thread lol.

More students will go to games if you reduce the distance to do so by like x10. There is literally no question about that. But that also is besides the point.
ok I'll play.

How many students do you think go to the games and how many more do you think will go with a stadium closer.

This should be interesting. haha

When someone is being willfully obtuse, despite being presented with decades of evidence to the contrary and live case studies of same, it's tough to think they aren't just ******** around just to get a rise out of people.
Or they really just don't understand the logistics and the city of Miami.

can you guys please stop referencing that hrs is an nfl stadium that hosts the super bowl and national championship game amongst other things? It’s embarrassing for the program when our fans pump that up like it means anything other than we play in a rented amusement park… I mean stadium that isn’t our own.
Haha then you either don't have kids or don't know any. I can tell you from knowing a few recruits that HRS is very impressive to them.

Advertisement
Haha then you either don't have kids or don't know any. I can tell you from knowing a few recruits that HRS is very impressive to them.
It’s very impressive…. For the miami dolphins, F1, Miami Open, World Cup, Rolling Loud, etc

It’s embarrassing for The University of Miami

Why because you don't like it. LOL
Nope.

Aqua blue seats

Miami dolphin endzones

Dan Marino/ dolphin greats littered outside the stadium

Little to no miami hurricane gear inside stadium

Music selection

Not a single touch of the miami hurricanes. I’m waiting for the day when they forgot to put up the names of greats around the stadium

Advertisement
Miami basketball doesn't have 1/100th the cachet of the football program. And you don't tailgate or get nuts before a basketball game the way you would on a Saturday when there's no school. There would absolutely be plenty of folks who would choose to walk home from the stadium to avoid a traffic nightmare. It's a couple of miles. Have you ever been hiking?
Give me a break .. we are going to get more fans to attend games because THEY CAN WALK to the stadium?? You must not be familiar with the demographics of Miami Dade County ... or the Tropical Park area. Only half of UM under grad students even occasionally attend football games ... if that many. Normally it is 2000 or so. They aren't walking from UM to Tropical Park and the people who live 1-2 miles from the stadium ... are 99% Latinos who have moved to Miami from Brazil, Venezuela, Peru, Guatemala, Mexico, Cuba, and they have NO awareness of college football period on any level. A new stadium with UM themes ... would be nice ... but it will do "0" to increase attendance ... might even keep some of the many fans from North Florida, Central Florida, Palm Beach, and Broward Counties from attending. Would add a couple of hours of driving time (an hour each way with the traffic) and fewer hotel options than people have at Hard Rock.

The University itself doesn't support the program heavily. There are many UM professors and UM staffers that have no interest in football. And forget the grad schools ... a student body of 12,000 under grads and more than 50% with no interest in football gives you 6000 POTENTIAL students attending big games ... period. Not a huge justification for a $1 billion dollar + investment.

Nope.

Aqua blue seats

Miami dolphin endzones

Dan Marino/ dolphin greats littered outside the stadium

Little to no miami hurricane gear inside stadium

Music selection

Not a single touch of the miami hurricanes. I’m waiting for the day when they forgot to put up the names of greats around the stadium
Well considering it's their stadium it makes sense. Doesn't mean it's a bad stadium or embarrassing for the U. What's embarrassing is the product we've put on the field for the last 20 years. We should be focussing on building our facilities and recruiting. Not looking to move to a stadium closer to campus so a few more hundred students can attend.

Advertisement
Give me a break .. we are going to get more fans to attend games because THEY CAN WALK to the stadium?? You must not be familiar with the demographics of Miami Dade County ... or the Tropical Park area. Only half of UM under grad students even occasionally attend football games ... if that many. Normally it is 2000 or so. They aren't walking from UM to Tropical Park and the people who live 1-2 miles from the stadium ... are 99% Latinos who have moved to Miami from Brazil, Venezuela, Peru, Guatemala, Mexico, Cuba, and they have NO awareness of college football period on any level. A new stadium with UM themes ... would be nice ... but it will do "0" to increase attendance ... might even keep some of the many fans from North Florida, Central Florida, Palm Beach, and Broward Counties from attending. Would add a couple of hours of driving time (an hour each way with the traffic) and fewer hotel options than people have at Hard Rock.

The University itself doesn't support the program heavily. There are many UM professors and UM staffers that have no interest in football. And forget the grad schools ... a student body of 12,000 under grads and more than 50% with no interest in football gives you 6000 POTENTIAL students attending big games ... period. Not a huge justification for a $1 billion dollar + investment.
And there you go. Someone familiar with the area finally.

Bravo

See Rickd brought up a great point. Look at the people who live around the so called college town teams. They live and breath that team every Saturday. Now look at the people who live around Tropical park. These people don't care about football.

When all else fails blame the fans!

My statement is a fact my friend...look in the mirror

Besides, its VERY WELL KNOWN that our fans base is one of, if not the most, toxic in all of college football.

I mean we fly ******* banners over our games, and have people chanting that players suck...even if we happen to be winning that particular game.

WTF

Advertisement
My statement is a fact my friend...look in the mirror

Besides, its VERY WELL KNOWN that our fans base is one of, if not the most, toxic in all of college football.

I mean we fly ******* banners over our games, and have people chanting that players suck...even if we happen to be winning that particular game.

WTF
I’m a terrible fan because I view hard rock stadium as an embarrassment for the school and I listed the reasons why?

See Rickd brought up a great point. Look at the people who live around the so called college town teams. They live and breath that team every Saturday. Now look at the people who live around Tropical park. These people don't care about football.
You got that **** right, when you get into these rural areas in the southeast, and I am not talking about Coastal areas normally, these people eat, sleep, and breathe college football. (and the Braves)

I can drive along I85 from Anderson County to Cherokee County (upstate SC), and you will not see many vehicles without a Clemson, USCe, or Georgia sticker on the window. College football thrives in the southeast almost everywhere besides South Florida. I mean even App State averages like 30k per game.

I’m a terrible fan because I view hard rock stadium as an embarrassment for the school and I listed the reasons why?

Don't take what I said out of context.

I said our fans were bad and toxic, and that is aside from talking about HRS as being a nice stadium, which it is.

BTW I am an advocate for having OUR OWN stadium, but that doesnt change the fact that HRS is a nice play to play.

Look at the City of Miami demographic change since 1990. The population has INCREASED by 800,000, and of those 800,000 I doubt there are no more than 10,000 "gringos" who moved to Miami from other parts of the country and have interest in college football. 99.9% of the population increase has been from Latin America (Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Peru, Colombia, Panama, Guatemala, Dominican Republic, Honduras, Mexico) where people have either opened offices in Miami due to their Agricultural Export activities in their native countries, or they have export offices based in Miami serving Latin America. I worked in Latin American agriculture for over 40 years ... 30 of those years were based in Miami and we either had farms or worked with growers in those Latin American countries I referenced.

Miami's economy is an Ag Import driven economy. The port of Miami and Miami International Airport have some of the most agile and importer friendly programs and procedures ... to expedite the import process ... as perishable commodity import from Latin America is the key product handled. As the ag imports have grown, so have the PRODUCTION bases in each Latin American country, and those growers, wealthy and well established in their own countries, have opened offices and established 2nd or 3rd homes in Miami. Miami has been, very accurately, referred to as "The Capital of Latin America". It is no longer the sleep retirement community of the 1960's. Nor is it the "Cuban dominated" city of the 80's and 90's. The growth has been phenomenal and you see it in the home prices (people buy $1 million dollar homes as tear downs in Coral Gables and Pinecrest), the cars on the road (Porsches, Range Rovers and even Bentleys are as common in Miami as F150 pick up trucks are in Central Florida), and the plethora of ethnic cuisine dining options. There are more Peruvian restaurants in Miami than there are BBQ restaurants in Daytona Beach and Volusia County. I lived in Coral Gables for 30 years ... I wore my UM polo to work on Thursdays when UM had a night game ... nobody in my office had any clue as to what it was. And today it is more heavily Latino (first generation immigrant).

Advertisement
Back